Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » computer stuffed after blackout?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
computer stuffed after blackout? Sun, 14 November 2004 09:24 Go to next message
last week there was a blackout, and when i went to use the computer again, it wont switch on. i wasnt home at the time, but the storm wasnt local so i dont know if it was a power surge or what. but either way the computers stuffed.
is it stuffed for good? or can i take it to a computer shop and they fix it? like is there some sort of 'fuse'?
thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Sun, 14 November 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your lucky it will just be a your power suplly (50 bucks max at most pc shops) but you never know it could be that its fried your mainboard.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Sun, 14 November 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a lightbulb blow.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Sun, 14 November 2004 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flick the black switch on the back off then on, might be that if your lucky
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Sun, 14 November 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generally it's only the PSU, however it could have decided to take everything connected to it out aswell Evil or Very Mad

Maybe time to invest in a decent surge protector or, even better, a UPS which can protect against brown-out Smile
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Mon, 15 November 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah go with the UPS idea. Its more expensive, but worth it. Less router drop outs...etc.
madman
Regular

December 2003
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Tue, 16 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this happened to me a while ago and it was only like 2 days after i had bought my new computer..
i was so pissed off i thought my computer was ruined.. lol..

then my friend told me to flick the switch on and off at the powerpoint. and that worked..

it was pretty scary tho.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Wed, 17 November 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i dont remember there being a switch at the back but ill have a better look tonight. otherwise ill take it to a computer shop tomorrow cause it sucks not having a computer!
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Wed, 17 November 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does this after a blackout once in a while

just switch it on off at the wall and if that doesnt work unplug it and plug it back in
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Thu, 18 November 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine did this, I switched it off, then on at the back, no worky. I took it out, plugged it back in and it fired no problems.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Thu, 18 November 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we had a blackout a few weeks ago, no sound since, comp says that is no audio device Confused

so ghey not being able to listen to mp3's!!!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: computer stuffed after blackout? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:51 Go to previous message
well mines fixed now, cost $60 for a new power supply.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Very Expensive Rice Job
Next Topic:Bird Sabotage
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:12:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052089691162109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.