Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Soarers Sat, 13 November 2004 11:15 Go to next message
Im really confused with motors and models of the gz21 mz20 etc etc soarers - generally 86-89 models.
theres a 2 liter, 3 liter, and what speeds are the autos, and do they come in non turbo and turbo?
what trim levels are they?
what do they go like with the certain motors
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Soarers Sat, 13 November 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZ20: 2 litre turbo
MZ20: 3 litre turbo and non-turbo

All autos are 4-speed. Trim levels vary considerably, but generally the 2 litre ones will be lower spec.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarers Sat, 13 November 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless it is a GZ20 Limited. It might miss out on the leather, but will have every feature known to man excluding airbag suspension.
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarers Sun, 14 November 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gz20 also came non turbo
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay so I take it the MZ20 3.0L is the 7mge and 7mgte
So what is the GZ20 model motor?

out of both the 2 and 3 liter turbos, which is the better motor? more reliable, quicker etc. are there any main weaknesses with the cars? do the mz20 and gz20 models differ in any other way aesthetically besides trim?

thanks
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 litre turbo = 1G-GTE. Obviously the 3 litre turbo is significantly faster, but 7M's are notorious for headgasket problems.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 22:06

Unless it is a GZ20 Limited. It might miss out on the leather, but will have every feature known to man excluding airbag suspension.

W3RD!

GT-Limited is teh bomb to own all j00 f00ls!

1GGTE = Shit in soarer unless willing to part with at least $3K for single turbo conversion, management, injectors, and a manual box.

Which i am foolishly doing Confused

7MGTE = you will most probably need to part with $1500 anyway to do the HG, unless it is already one, or you can do it yourself, in which case the cost will be significantly less.

Soarers are pimpest of the pimp jap 2 doors, biased opinion yes but, its true Razz

I am running mine at AIR on wednesday night so i guess i could tell you how fast they are on thursday morning...

Big Jon ran a 15.something in his GA70 and i dragged him the other night at beat him so im hoping for either a very high 14 second pass or a very low 15 second pass.

My mate andy is running his MA70 as well which is a fairly stocker auto (barr exhaust and filter) and the cars have "similar" weights so his time will possibly reflect the time of what a decked out MZ21 (auto) would run Smile

gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, thanks for that. What do they handle like, and is the 2.0L motor 1g gte that much slower than the 7mgte?
Also, which are the ones with the red and blue interior becuase i would prefer a tan or grey or black interior... is there any way to look for this.

Whats the deal with the 7m headgaskets?
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, thanks for that. What do they handle like, and is the 2.0L motor 1g gte that much slower than the 7mgte?
Also, which are the ones with the red and blue interior becuase i would prefer a tan or grey or black interior... is there any way to look for this.

Whats the deal with the 7m headgaskets?
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They handle pretty well , but if you want some tight shit you will probly want a good set of coilovers... the 1G is pretty quick but obviously the 7m is a bit quicker due to the extra litre and bigger turbo , you will also feel the tourqe more in the 7m due to bigger engine yet again .. to find an interior you like i guess you will just have to inspect the vehicle , no way of telling unless seen or told about , and the 7m headgaskets werent tourqed enough from factory , so its a common problem for them to blow , im pretty sure that once the headgasket is re-tourqed tighter , its a great engine , hope this helps and feel free to correct me anyone Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarers Mon, 15 November 2004 08:25 Go to previous message
honestly out opf the box they handle like boats, however once you do a bit of suspension work, as endless said, coilovers you will notice a hell of a difference.

Mine is still a boat, but now its more like a dinghy than an ocean liner Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:DIY's NEW PROJCT CAR for 2006\2007
Next Topic:Insurance!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050070285797119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.