Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fc_drifta
Newcomer

October 2004
KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Tue, 16 November 2004 00:26 Go to next message
heres my problem, i have a ke30, already with a 3t in her, so 3t-gteu will be easiest bolt in option as it will bolt up to my gearbox n car no hassles.

but then on the other hand i would love to put a rota in her, as i already have 1/2 the interior out ov my rx7 in it, and would be pretty cool, and then theres the sr20, with unlimited bolt on go fast bits.

what would u guys recomend? and how easily is a 3t-gteu sauced?

or what about 4a?

shane

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 00:28]

Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Tue, 16 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before going the SR20 i would go the 3sgte, Forget about the 13b as it would be alot of work. I would say go the 3tgte.
fc_drifta
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Tue, 16 November 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i was thinking as it will just bolt in, then upgrade fuel system, and its "driveable" then drivekine breaks etc.

can anyone point me in directions ov any ov these conversions done before?

shane
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Tue, 16 November 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each setup you have mentioned has it's own merits.

Firstly though the BP 13B: I have a friend with a very nice RX2 with a 13B Bridge Port, it's pretty quick, but he started thinking 13B turbo pretty soon after getting it in because you get used to the power and want more (his makes around 105rwkw). My car anhialates his in a straight line race and mine uses a shite load less fuel driving around too. Cool sound from the rotor though and quite nice to drive.

The SR20DET is an option I like, good power, lots of parts, easily avaialable etc etc. I have friends with SR20DET silvias and they go quite well, in the weight of the corolla the on road performance would be even greater. A bit of work to get the engine and trans in your car, not too hard though.

The 4AGTE or ZE is another good option, I have the 4AGTE in a KE25 and love it. It makes good power, it's tough as nails, sounds good, and fits in easily (engine mount mods will be needed though).

The 3TGTE, I don't have any experiences with these.

You can't go too wrong with any of your choices, they will all be fun, just depends on what you want form the car in the end.....
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Tue, 16 November 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm told* that the 3T-GTE won't bolt up to NA 2T/3T mounts as it wasn't setup the same

* by a guy who had one in a KE25
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Wed, 17 November 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but if it didn't, you could always keep the block and swap the internals, head and manifolds... couldn't you?
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Wed, 17 November 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't think so, at least not if you're keeping the stock inlet manifold and exhaust headers

edit: my posts in this thread are based on what others told me ages ago - don't accept them as gospel. However it would be wise to do some measuring before spending anything if you are not in the mood for making new mounts!

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 09:08]

toyoone
Regular

October 2004
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Wed, 17 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me @ my son put in a 3tgteu into a 79ke 55 fastback running a hiflow fule pump blitz bov turbo exuast 2.5 to 3inch @ intercooler good 4 560hp had a run with a super charged 4a--- in a 35 coupe and it could not get any where near us we ran it at 8psi before the intercooler whent in now it has run at 26psi 4 about 2miutes 2 c what would happen happy 2 say didnt miss a beat saddley it had a collision with a pole now sits wating 4 a transplate as far as im concerned the 3t was a good by not that many would agree @havent had any problems with it id recomend it
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Wed, 17 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indigoid wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 20:07

Don't think so, at least not if you're keeping the stock inlet manifold and exhaust headers

edit: my posts in this thread are based on what others told me ages ago - don't accept them as gospel. However it would be wise to do some measuring before spending anything if you are not in the mood for making new mounts!

I think you misunderstood what I said (or i'm mis-understanding what you're saying Smile ).
I was suggesting keeping the standard 3t block (with associated engine mounts), then swap in the head and internals from a 3t-gteu, and put the manifolds on.

why would you want to keep the stock inlet manifold and exhaust headers - then you'd be losing the turbo and injection.

My question is - will the gteu head bolt onto the standard 3t block?
sam_
Regular

December 2002

Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Wed, 17 November 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey slightly off topic but if you had the money to spend what do people think -

13bt or sr20det

which is easier / better / quicker if you can afford 'pretty good' turbo(s), cooler and gearbox?

I thought it was the rotor's that got the really quick quater miles. But then there's the myth that all rotor's f_ up all the time and cost endless cash to keep rebuilding...

Anyway, my 2 cents... I would guess the 3t and the 3t gteu would share a few parts in common, like the 2t and 2tgeu have a few bits in common I thought... but I've never tried any of these conversions before so.. good luck with it!
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE30. 13b bp? sr20det? 3t-gteu? Thu, 18 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous message
The 3T-GTE block is almost the same at a standard 3T block, no need to change. The issue with fitting a 3T-GTE in where a 2T-G or 3T once was, is the engine mounts are a bit different. The left engine mount is different because the oil return from the turbo goes through it from memory and is offset differently. Im sure its no big drama. Anyone with all the bits in front of them could come up with a easy solution I'm sure. 3T-GTEU would be a good motor, and I have seen a T50 survive behind one for a while. Although you would be planing to use a W55 series gearbox, which would require a modifyed gearbox crossmember and tailshaft, but nothing out of the ordinary.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Peugeot/LN/XT130 Brake Conversion - started
Next Topic:AE86 FUEL GAUGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:07:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067660808563232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.