Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what clutch?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
what clutch? Mon, 15 November 2004 12:47 Go to next message
hey guys

i just fried my clutch and am looking at putting something more decent on

i know it depends on driving style and stuff but what do u recomend for a stock 4age thats thrashed now and then Very Happy

i got some prices on exedy items
in case someone else is looking too here are some prices

standard is 157

Heavy duty (33% more clamping force) is 190

heavy duty street organic is 355

and puck one is 460

im thinking just going the heavy duty street organic and thats probably too heavy for stock 4age anyway but hey...betta tougher then some shit one right?

opinions plz

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what clutch? Mon, 15 November 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heavy duty street will take plenty of abuse from a 4AGE, so long as you stick to a full faced organic plate. Dont go near a puck style one as you wont need that level of grip, or annoyance to drive Smile

Are the first two prices for pressure plate only?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: what clutch? Tue, 16 November 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah the whole deal....clutch plate, pressure plate, thrust bearing

yeah i think ill go the sports organic one too, i heard puck ones are a pain in the arse on the road

Adam
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi, thanks for the info/prices, but what will last behind a turbo charged 4agze?? Mine's on the way out... Very Happy
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
button/pucks are fine, you just need to know how to drive.

that said, if you dont need one, dont get one, simple!
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had brass buttons in my previous cars long time without any problems, hill starts without handbrakes, never stall the engine, but then those suspension guys a$$holes will have have to start my car 15 times trying to get it on the jack, that's why I want to know what's the softest clutch I can put in their without changing my clutch every 2 days, cheers
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if yopu like to thrash bigger or stronger is allways better in my books there is nothing more annoying than a clutch slipping in 4th.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 11:19]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some people often whinge that button clutches are difficult to drive, but as we know this is not really a great problem, as you get used to them. The real issue is that their VERY positive engagement induces rather large shock loadings on drivetrain components. Those of you with a T50 gearbox & T series diff, you will soon find out what I mean after some "spirited" driving with one Very Happy
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What TE72_Turbo said:
Your clutch should be the weakest part of your drivetrain, because if something has to blow, then you want it to be your clutch as it's the cheapest part. If it's too strong, then you put more wear and tear on expensive things like gearboxes and diffs
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 22:19

if yopu like to thrash bigger or stronger is allways better in my books there is nothing more annoying than a clutch slipping in 4th.

slipping in fourth?? Shocked at the moment I'm only having problem with 2nd & 3rd, haven't tried flooring on 4th yet... Razz don't want to get to 140km/h+ on sydney roads... haha...

regarding cost, isn't clutch the more expensive one? Razz $300-400 for a decent clutch, whereas the t50 are <$200? Razz I think that is the only weakest thing in my car at the moment... Razz

But if I use the heavy duty organic, will that wear out easily? (I think I have Heavy Duty at the moment and it's gone already!)
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the next one up is a puck one...wich i got quoted $465 for

but if ur oging silly why not a 3 plate os giken item?

the question is where do u stop...

Adam
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what clutch? Wed, 17 November 2004 15:33 Go to previous message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 02:20

the question is where do u stop...

MY WALLET!!!!! (unfortunately that's a very big issue at the moment... Very Happy)

so how much is the 3 plate item? $3k? Very Happy

so basically I'm looking for the cheapest and nastiest that I can stuff in their and forget about! Please, your advice will be greatly appreciated... Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 15:34]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:early celica parts compatibilty (window winder etc...)
Next Topic:bigger rear sway bar
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:06:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052840709686279 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.