Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » tailgating idiots!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 07:39 Go to next message

tailgating idiots usally drive?[ 62 vote(s) ]
1.a Commodore 26 / 42%
2.any sort of 4wd 12 / 19%
3.some ricer 10 / 16%
4.truck 4 / 6%
5.bus 1 / 2%
6.falcon 1 / 2%
7.sprinter 1 / 2%
8.corolla 0 / 0%
9.camry 1 / 2%
10.celica 0 / 0%
11.older Holdens (excludes Commodores) 0 / 0%
12.something else? 6 / 10%

what sort of car usally tailgates you? It's usally a Commodore for me

Send a private message to this user    
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bommadores or gaylines usually....then 3SGTE go blast, and I leave theyre ass in the past Very Happy

seriously though, tailgaters need their arses kicked up over their ears...its infuriating, dangerous...and well its fukkin infuriating!!!

the only power you got is to slow down even more (which wastes your time) or pull in behind them and put your hibeams on...neither achieves much

still, wish i had the 4 ST185 rally lamps mounted on the bonnet hehe, bright enough to burn their shadow into their dash, are their any in parts for sale??? Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a option for "all" and "my car is like all expensive and shit so like get out of teh wayeth (bmw, merc, high class shit)"
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 19:07

how about a option for "all" and "my car is like all expensive and shit so like get out of teh wayeth (bmw, merc, high class shit)"

Laughing Dam I shoulda put that there!
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i normally just do the mega brake check
its in a few stages so ill break it up

(1)
Place ur hand on the hand brake and depress the clutch.

(2)
select second gear and get ready

(3)
Slam on the brakes(while heel toeing to pump the revs up) and REEF up the handbrake for a split second then drop the hand brake, slip foot of the brake and hard on the go pedal while dumping the clutch

(4)
If u timed it right u will now be driving away from someone who has just shat there pants
And if u have rust in the boot u may now have a free new boot Laughing

REMEMBER I AM ONLY JOKING SO DONT START HURLING ABUSE JUST YET
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nooo slow right down then speed up when they go to over take

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of the above Mad

Especially down my street as my MA61 & ZZT231 and steep short speed humps aren't it's best friend (even at stock height) Mad

I hate it, people see you taking your time driving as the car is still warming up to have them trying to push you off the road as their car has reached "Operating" tempreture. Or that the tail gaters have a 4x4 and gives them a licence to go over the top of you because you are slow getting over the humps.

One morning a CRV tries overtake me (8am in the morning and a lot of children were going to school/bus stops so I speed up to 50kph so it can't get around me as so it decided to overtake me around a blind bend whilst I was trying to warm the MA61 up, to the CRVs suprise, she nearly plows head on into a a parked truck with a bull bar Laughing

If only I had a video camera with me Rolling Eyes

Cheers
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodore gets my vote,
One was just tailgating me on the way home about 1 hour ago.. Mad
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should speed up then catch up or match the speed of the other car in another lane so they can overtake or anything Laughing
i do that until the song on the radio ends then i let them pass
like on of those preschool time out thingo at lunch Confused
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Tue, 16 November 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been tailgated by cops on more than one occasion and it really give me the shits (i wouldnt recomend using olihaub's method here).

also not letting them overtake you is just gay. i had some prick in a masarati do that to me, he was driving at like 40 (and i wasnt tailgating) so i went to overtake and he just kept speeding up and slowing down so i couldnt get back over. prick. rich bastard probably just didnt want to get overtaken by a laser. the stupid thing is he got up to about 90 to stop me overtaking, but then when i was forced to pull back in behind him he slowed right back down to 40. Mad

chris
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Given the available options i'm choosing 4wd, heaven forbid I need to stop in a hurry Shocked Had a 4wd tailgating me through a school zone, damn that annoyed me...
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always pull over and let them past.

or use oli's method to piss them off but that usually means they will follow you. in that case you will still have to pull over and say "WHAT BITCH!!" then reach for the club lock. Evil or Very Mad

haha just kidding
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get tailgetd by heaps of ppl don't undersatnd why i don't exactly drive slow. Majority are either one of three things aussie bogans fords and holdens, 4wds, or other p-platers in small piss slow hatches. Tailgating is one of the most frustrating and dangerous things to do and I will never due it, even if someone cuts in on me or something I never resort to it it just not worth it cos you have no idea what the driver in front is going to do.
I love getting tailgated when my car is cold, that way I can accelerate away in second gear leaving them in a liberal dose of black smoke.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon rice cars and ford's. The ricer's get my vote tho, freaking wanna be's Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its always xd-xf shitbox falcons that tailgate me, and commos, but i notice more falcons. also, pricks taht think they are important because they drive a fast car, mainly fast commos, like clubposrts, brand new ss, etc.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Always VT-VY Commodores, all the way up the freeway. I'm not pulling over and slowing my trip down because the people in the other lanes aren't going as fast as me. If they wanna get past, f'ing go around.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted commonwhore, because it almost always freaking is.

But on the occasion it isn't, it's always some sort of small hatch. Mirage, crapcel, getz (stuffed), echo, sirion (they'll have a quibble with my fists one day), laser, satria's, those little dog car things (daewoo), etc.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even though commodores are my most frequent tailgater, i voted 4wds because they piss me off more Twisted Evil
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, there's one situation where I will drive less than the recommended distance from the person in front. That's when (as happens so often on West Australian freeways in a 100km/h zone) some f*ckwit is driving at 70km/h in the rightmost lane, next to another one driving at 70km/h in the middle lane, next to someone in the left lane where people driving 30km/h below the speed limit *should* be. If there are two out of three lanes blocked, I don't mind, I'll go 'round. But I find it frustrating when someone decides to 'drive a bit more safely because speed kills' by blocking up what we laughingly refer to as 'the fast lane'. We're not talking people stuck in traffic here, we're talking someone with 1km of empty space in front of them doing well under the speed limit because... well, I still haven't quite figured out why they do it. Often it's in expensive cars too.

I don't often get tailgated, but when I do it's almost invariably a 4WD whose driver thinks they're 'safe' because they have four wheel drive and a bullbar. Confused
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted 4wd's, but today when I was on the way to my gf's house, some dickhead in a beemer decided to tailgate me on the freeway. At 105km/h, he was approximately 2 metres from my ass. I didnt even realise till I did one of my random mirror checks and there he was. I waited for him to overtake as the freeway was pretty empty, but he stayed there. I got pissed off, gave it a good stick, hit about 155km/h, left him for dust and I think he got the idea.

Freakin rich fat bastards (I'm just fat).
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I don't often get tailgated, but when I do it's almost invariably a 4WD whose driver thinks they're 'safe' because they have four wheel drive and a bullbar.

have you seen the new ads? apparently its now called a 'nudgebar', in the effort to make it sound more friendly. i cant remember for what car it was though. they should just be honest and call it a smash-the-fuck-outta-some-poor-pricks-car-bar

chris
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Jeep Cherokee if i'm not wrong
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol my freind has a hammer in his door pocket, when people piss him off he winds the window down and waves the hammer around.

late model commodores or guys in XD falcons are the worst
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Thu, 18 November 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate old people, because they tailgate like mad and have slow reactions.

Falcodores are pretty bad... I voted for bommodore because it is the worst offender!

Last night on the way home, some punk P plater in a WRX was stupidly overtaking on a narrow busy 1 lane each way road, tailgating people a lot with his mates in the car too. Had a VERY loud exhaust (over the legal limit i'm sure) broken body kit, and some very poor driving skill Razz He had to wait behind me, way too close behind me... if I had to brake hard, he'd have hit me. Damn punk rich kids!!
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Thu, 18 November 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Move over a bit - let them go past - problem gone.

(this took me a long time to actually do this)

but you can get annoyed by it, get stressed an d shirty about it or just let them go right past - and you just forget about it.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Thu, 18 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had an odd experience with a tailgater yesterday.

i was in the left lane of a pacific hi-way in brissie {3 lanes either way}, and i see a cordia turbo and a VX dore come from behind into the right lane, the traffic slows to about 60-70 k's, commo driver gets close under brakes, no worries.

the middle lane wasnt very congested, but they remained in the right lane, then it started getting odd, the commo driver would back off about 4-5 car lenghts and then flatten it {i had my window down and could hear it hit 2nd gear Confused }, then just b4 he hit the cordia he'd smash the brakes on Shocked {btw, there was nobody behind the commo}.
he did it a few more times, so i thought, ok, cordia driver has pissed off the commo driver, no worries, but it continued, he did it approx 25-30 times, thats when i got a bit suspicious, so i pulled into the middle lane and slowly accelerated on them, the commo driver was a fat 40 yo man, the cordia driver was a late 20's WOMAN, hmmmmmm, interesting, i was in the middle lane about 10 m back from the cordia, so she looked over and saw a gap, and gassed it into my lane and took off.

then the commo driver kept doing it, but not getting nearly as close to the person who was now in front, it kinda looked like he was gonna take off after the cordia but kept backing off, then.....he got behind me, and kept doing it, so i just rolled off the throttle, he didnt back off, gave the brakes a light tap as he got close, didnt back off. "RIGHT CUNT" Evil or Very Mad , i thought, as he backed off about 4 car lenghts and then floored it i slammed the brakes on and washed off about 20-30k's, he deadset shit himself and smashed his brakes on Very Happy Twisted Evil ,

he then slowly backed off and came into the right lane and slowly passed me, i gave him the international "your a wanker" sign, and he had absolutely no expression on his face, and then exited the hi-way, very odd.

had a similar incident today, i couldnt even see the guys headlights he was that close to me, smashed my brakes on, then got in the left lane as i had to exit, and i gave him the internation sign too, absolutely no expression again, mob of weird cunts on the road.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Thu, 18 November 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My proven method of dealing with tailgaters just claimed another victim... Evil or Very Mad

New done up (ss? lookalike?) commodore, sitting on my ass. I didn't notice it there for a while because it was so close to my rear bumper that its headlights were hidden behind mister two's spoiler. So, I politely indicate left, wait three seconds, and move slowly into the left lane.

As Mr Commodore floors it and the auto kicks down, I blip the throttle, into third, and floor it. Mr Shiny New Commodore never got past my A-pillar (until I reached my can-still-drive-if-I-cop-it limit, and hit the brakes). He was also making a hissing sound - I'm guessing aftermarket 'moite fiddy horsepower moite' air filter.

This method, as well as making the other driver feel like a complete dickwad for being beaten by a 17-year-old car, has an additional silver lining: Mr Embarassed Commodore now drives for the next 5 kms at thirty above the speed limit, allowing me to follow at a safe distance and be sure there's no cameras. Smile

Then I came round a corner (nice and slowly, just near home) and there was a plain clothes cop (in a Patrol?!?!) who'd pulled over another commodore. I win. The end. Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Thu, 18 November 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 09:15

lol my freind has a hammer in his door pocket, when people piss him off he winds the window down and waves the hammer around.

late model commodores or guys in XD falcons are the worst

Damn, why didn't I think of that?

At last a use for that silly side pocket thing. Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Fri, 19 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buses give me the shits. We have a bus route that goes right past our house and a school just own the road. So when I leave in the morning a bus comes flying over the hill (maybe doing 70 in a 50 zone) and doesn't slow down even though I am accelerating moderately out of my driveway (I reverse out). Gets right on my arse and doesn't back off. They cant stop nearly as quick as other vehicles so I am not going to be surprised if a bus driver cleans someone up outside my place one day.

Bus drivers all suck dick too, they pull out of bus stops at fucking warp speed (for them anyway) and don't give a shit if someone is right next to them or just about to pass them.

Today a bus went all the way around a two lane roundabout in the left lane-ie turned right from the left lane-they just don't fucking look.

I don't give a shit if they get paid fuck all. They should respect road rules like everyone else.

Motherfuckers!!!!
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Fri, 19 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 18:13

[...other stuff about buses...]
Today a bus went all the way around a two lane roundabout in the left lane-ie turned right from the left lane-they just don't fucking look.

I learned while I was still on my Ps the three simple equations of sharing roads with buses:

bus = get-ready-to-evade
bus + roundabout = brake-now-you're-gonna-have-to-soon-anyway
bus + freeway = oh-shit-stay-two-lanes-away-he-wants-to-f*cken-kil l-you

I hope they help. Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: tailgating idiots!!!! Sat, 20 November 2004 03:12 Go to previous message
The biggest thing i hate on the roads here in oz is the idiot's who take all my safe space, i mean the distance between you and the car in front.

1-2 car lenghts for under 100kmph 3-4 car lenghts for over 100kmph or what ever its meant to be, i leave that space for safe driving, not for wankers to start a mass convoy, fuk off and leave my space alone.

Just my rant for the week Very Happy

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:schoolies?
Next Topic:Very Expensive Rice Job
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:47:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078349113464355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar