Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 11:19 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

On our Old Pac run on the weekend there was a guy at a particular hairput who was grabbing lots snaps of bikes and cars as the flew through(and no he wasn't a cop...) I was wondering if anyone knew any more info on this guy, aparently he posts them up on a webpage somewhere, but I can't find any info on it.

Anyway got a link, or a contact to chase up? BlackSupra and I should have some nice photos from him!

Cheers,

Nath
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 22:19

Hi Guys,

On our Old Pac run on the weekend there was a guy at a particular hairput who was grabbing lots snaps of bikes and cars as the flew through(and no he wasn't a cop...) I was wondering if anyone knew any more info on this guy, aparently he posts them up on a webpage somewhere, but I can't find any info on it.

Anyway got a link, or a contact to chase up? BlackSupra and I should have some nice photos from him!

Cheers,

Nath

Not sure about this, but I almost shat my pants when I came around a bend on Friday night to see about 8 cop cars with one of the cops pointing at me as I went past....... I was kicking myself (just lost 6 points on the way to Toyfest!) until I realised he was wearing a dog-squad uniform. Still, time and letterbox contents will tell I guess, but I'm pretty sure they were there for a drug bust or some shit.

The OP is getting a bit hairy these days as far as chances of getting busted go unfortunately.....

So what is this site where he posts them up about? The condemnation of hoons or something?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah
op is getting scary
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen them there a few times photographers
i just figured it was for motor or wheels mag or somthin
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeha i saw him onced he had a big board up with the link, i take it u go to the site, find ur pic and buy it off him, not sure of the link though!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 23:01

yeha i saw him onced he had a big board up with the link, i take it u go to the site, find ur pic and buy it off him, not sure of the link though!

Thats more what I was thinking, cant find a link anywhere! Was going to stop on the way back but he wasn't there.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nex time you go past put your own sign asking the guy to come here and tell us Laughing
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 15 November 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about stopping and talking to the guy............... Rolling Eyes
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure he has a roadside stall up there somewhere that he sells his wares from.. From memory it's not too far from the corner he takes the pics from..

Just stop in and have a look next time Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 10:23

How about stopping and talking to the guy............... Rolling Eyes

Novel idea Einstein..... Razz
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw him the w/e before and had a quick chat to him although didn't get the website... but his name is elvis. he mainly gets shots of bikes although he said that if he saw me up there again he'd take a shot. when i passed him this week it would have made a funny shot. kid in corolla, wearing a blue singlet with a cigarette in one hand flooring it through i corner hahaha

i'm up there every w/e just about before i head to work like to go for a drive so i'll probably see him again, if so i'll stop and have a chat again.

on saturday i drove through and there were no police at all which i though was strange... then on sunday i passed heaps driving through at the same time of day aswell. think i passed one at 90-100 going uphill on the way back Confused
nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you're talking about
http://www.motopix.com.au/

I pulled over for a nice red AW11 going south along there today. Poor guy, stuck behind me (paranoid just got licence back last week etc) at 70 all the way down the hill south of kariong
Sad
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers thats awesome, hopefully that is the guy. can't see why it wouldn't be.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone tell me where old pac is? i keep hearing about it. is it like national park run?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing its the old pacific highway
I was like that too at one stage.
I was like WTF? Old Pac wot the hell is dat. Laughing
But yes its just the old pacific highway normally they talk about the little used section after hornsby, that runs north (depending on which way ur going) and weaves to either side of the F3.
I think im correct hurl hard objects with sharp points at me if im wrong. Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Tue, 16 November 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the one, quickest way to get on it is by going on the F3 til the berowra exit. take a right after getting off the F3 then follow that and take a left onto old pac
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've tried where is searching for Old Pacific Hornsby and Berowra but it gives me some weird small street
nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on, you own an mr2 in sydney & never heard of this road?!?! Laughing

drop the old & you'll find it. 'old' is just to differentiate it from the newer F3 freeway which runs alongside it
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't beleive you don't no the road, personally I have never actually driven on the road but after many a family vacation, coming home my dad has taken it as the F3 has been packed, nice flowing corners no traffic and two lane cascading through rocks, my dad ain't exactly a hoon but its not only to beat the traffic that he takes the road he loves it. Now i'm off school think I might take the rona for a run one day, got all the time in the world both this and the galston gorge are two roads I wanna go for a drive on before I start uni and fulltime work next january.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha im a city boy. these area sounds very countryish to me. where theres cows and horses.

im seeing it now, is it the hwy that goes pass kuringai nat park, and kangaroo pts etc...?
damn thats alot of twisties after the bridge. never really taken my 2 hard around twisties before, really need someone to show me aoround some of these places
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being a city boiy is no excuse i am to, its not really country anyway, I ain't seen no kangaroos on the side off the road when I've been thru and considering the road leads straight to surbubia I would hardly call it country, especially when you have such a nice car. In the words of homer simpson "you haven't been"
ps anyone for pies up the top of the hill

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 09:24]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it's about 30-45 minutes of twisties from Hornsby right into Gosford. Mostly singel lane, but there are some nice bits where it goes dual lanes and you can have all sorts of fun.

Sticking to the speed limit is even fun Smile

Next time we have a cruise up the Old Pac you guys that havn't been need to come along!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stage 1 reverse is my favourite for some strange reason..

Stage 3 reverse is insane!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*scribbles "drve old pac on notepad of things to do in sydney*

Geez guys even i know about this road , but yet to drive it !

Its like not knowing what the GOR ( great ocean road ) is in victoria ! Or any road in the adelaide hills ( eagle on the hill is a fun short sprint )

for F's sake city boys , get out of your suburban streets + traffic lights and apprciate your car on roads like these!

Otherwise you TRUELY dont deserve a car .. Use public transport!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Wed, 17 November 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been the great ocean road on a family holiday pretty good excepty for all the os tourists in their vans. Another mad/dangerous road in NSW is Bulladealah, its bypassed now so traffic shouldn't be a problem, been on that road as a passenger so many timwes on the way north for holidays. I wanna driev it that and the road up to dorrigo waterfall way I think its called, there just so far away from sydney.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 22:56

i'm assuming stage one is to mooney mooney,
2 is to the T intersections
3 is to the end (roundabout)???

stage one reverse is awesome, 3 in general is a pain in the ass since the raod is pretty poor in places, although on the way back it's alright.

2 is just all speed and sweeping bends with i nice break in the middle where it gets divided.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i went with my mates to kangaroo valley, we went down the mountain on this pass... there was about 8 u-turn roads, each lane was about 2 normal lanes in width... it was good quality asphalt as well... but i guess one mistake will send you down the cliff into a bloody death Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 11:38

i'm assuming stage one is to mooney mooney,
2 is to the T intersections
3 is to the end (roundabout)???

Yep..... And it's ALL my favourite!!! But yeah, stage 3 is a bit shitty where the asphalt has been ripped up on some of the corners where you have those mad cliffs on the side.

The road at Bulladealah I've heard is AWESOME, and the pass down into Kangaroo Valley is very picturesque, but I can't imagine fanging down it too hard. It's very steep. Maybe Takumi could do it as he is the king of the downhill from what I understand...
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo slut that's the road!
i couldn't remember... it's a crazy road though, you have to admit!

you gotta see it to believe it, perfect asphalt, beautiful view, and wide lanes...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stage 3 is shithouse where you go down over that little bridge and then backup again.... you need luxo barge comfort suspension otherwise your car gets OWNZED. Its not the smoothest road for the most part, but its good fun!
SX_UL8R
Regular

October 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stage 2 is the best for me, with a close stage 1 in reverse... i do this run once a week. just to give me that little kick for the week.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somersby to calga down over mooney mooney creek!
The NA AW11 owns this section over 80% of the bike riders up there... Evil or Very Mad Always slowing down for those kooks!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 13:10

stage 3 is shithouse where you go down over that little bridge and then backup again.... you need luxo barge comfort suspension otherwise your car gets OWNZED. Its not the smoothest road for the most part, but its good fun!

that u turn after the bridge where it tightens is pretty cool i think, always have to set yourself up for it which is kinda cool, you either nail it or screw it completely

and i'll agree with SX_UL8R on that, the rolla kicks it on the 2nd and then reverse of 1 is great, pick your line and nail it with the 2 lanes to play with Evil or Very Mad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never run it during the day, so dodging pop holes is kinda hard hehe, and the suspension in the 2 is crap as, cause im STILL waiting on my konis.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Thu, 18 November 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've driven it both day and night, night is pretty cool because you just concentrate on the road and it's easier to see oncoming traffic from a distance. daytime brings slow drivers, was caught behind someone doing 50 on the w/e and that was really frustrating, wouldn't give any room to overtake so i eventually went up the inside which was a little scary
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Fri, 19 November 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, so everyone has different definitions, interesting.

But for me its this;

FROM sydney;

Stage1 - the beginning, just after the first group of houses until just before the hawksbury bridge (obviously you slow down here and take it easy)

Stage2 - Begins just after the hawksbury bridge and goes all the way to the major intersection (right to gosford, left... cant remember) and ofcourse you turn right where;

Stage3 - All the way to the 'end roundabout' But I just mostly uturn abit before it.

.... I like 1 in reverse because its so highspeed and the camber of the road at times gets insane. And 3 reverse.... I once was very determined to keep up with a bike. So it was an awesome pace setter. And it was an interesting drive Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Fri, 19 November 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 20 November 2004 07:52

.... I like 1 in reverse because its so highspeed and the camber of the road at times gets insane. And 3 reverse.... I once was very determined to keep up with a bike. So it was an awesome pace setter. And it was an interesting drive Wink

Hehe.. I'm much the same here. From memory the first section gives you all of those lovely dual lane sections to play with going up the hills, which makes overtaking a cinch Smile These sort of roads make me REALLY want to have a go at Hill Climbs at some stage.

I also have a couple of memorable experiences of coming back through the third section and trying to keep up with some MUCH faster cars.. One was a certain JZA70 who's new owner still resides on these forums - The other was a red Series 2/3 RX7 with 13B turbo, that would quite commonly be seen at shows like Summernats.. There's one vicious right hander in particular when coming back through this last section that's caused me to nearly lose it too.. Scary stuff! Shocked
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sat, 20 November 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 20 November 2004 07:52

Hehe, so everyone has different definitions, interesting.

But for me its this;

FROM sydney;

Stage1 - the beginning, just after the first group of houses until just before the hawksbury bridge (obviously you slow down here and take it easy)

Stage2 - Begins just after the hawksbury bridge and goes all the way to the major intersection (right to gosford, left... cant remember) and ofcourse you turn right where;

Stage3 - All the way to the 'end roundabout' But I just mostly uturn abit before it.

haha thats just the same except i call the servo over the bridge the end of stage 1 Razz if you're heading up some time let me know, i love the road Very Happy only been going up for about 3 months but its teh best and it's close by

one of my best experiences has been overtaking a bike on the uphill and losing him in the following single lane twisties hehehe, although i'm fairly certain it was only a 250cc

*me thinks we should do regular sunday drives up there*

[Updated on: Sat, 20 November 2004 05:29]

fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sun, 21 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 10:11

kid in corolla, wearing a blue singlet with a cigarette in one hand flooring it through i corner hahaha
Bunta? Is that you?

From now on finney = lil Bunta. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sun, 21 November 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stage 1 inbound is my fave too, seems to be more agressive inbound than outbound, stage one outbound is a warm up for me

standout moment was a little drifty drifty with takumi ben n the ae86 touge cruise whilst doing average 150kph

but stage 3 is good with my cars susp setup??
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sun, 21 November 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fractoid wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 21:07

finney wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 10:11

kid in corolla, wearing a blue singlet with a cigarette in one hand flooring it through i corner hahaha
Bunta? Is that you?

From now on finney = lil Bunta. Smile

i think i'm missing something... Confused
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sun, 21 November 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Initial D...I've only just started watching it so I've some idea what he's talking about Rolling Eyes

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/perry470/go2id/characters/buntab.jpg
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Sun, 21 November 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

my favourite stage is final battle and drift
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh ok, i watched most of the dvd's at a mates place, didn't really pay attention do the names Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 23:16

my favourite stage is final battle and drift

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?.

I'll refer to sections of roads as stages, unless you can give me a better word to use. Confused
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sections? Laughing Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like 2nd gear......
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 17:52

Sections? Laughing Razz

you say tomeyto i say tomato Razz
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Photographer On Old Pac Mon, 22 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 18:09

i like 2nd gear......

thats nice dear Razz

personally i prefer 3rd