Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Fri, 12 November 2004 03:22 Go to next message
Hey guys,

This is cruise related, down the track I'm looking to organise a cruise, but I kind of want to depart from the norm of driving around the normal city roads. It should be a fairly long cruise. It won't happen in the near future, but I'm getting a feeler out for roads that should be included.

Where are the best "driving" roads within striking distance (and I mean close) to Perth?

I've lived here for all my life, and been driving now for 4 years, but never really experienced fun roads except for down south.

Suggestions and descriptions would be most appreciative, and I'll try and formulate something fun.

Thanks,
Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Fri, 12 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan,
Some of these roads may not be what you consider close to Perth, but they are great for driving all the same.

Chittering and C. Valley Road Bullsbrook
O'Brien Rd Gidgegannup
Mundaring Weir Road Mundaring
Jarrahdale Road - either side of Jarrahdale Townsite (on west the 'hillclimb' then east is the 'twisties')
Kingsbury Drive - south of Jarrahdale.

Cheers,
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Sat, 13 November 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it'll be a big long day cruise, so they aren't out of the question. Now to find them on a map.

Keep em coming guys.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Sun, 14 November 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had some fantastic times out past Sawyers Valley along Great Eastern Highway... probably not the best place for a cruise though since it gets boring ASL (at sleed limit Evil or Very Mad)

Another highly recommended late-night detour is up along Toodyay Rd, right onto Stoneville Rd, and then back along Gt. Eastern Hwy.

Otherwise, Mundaring Weir is great. Also I've always wanted to drive down the zig zag but never actually gotten around to it.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Sun, 14 November 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mitchell freeway is a sweet drive Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Sun, 14 November 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about Scotty dont? Not looking for roads to do top speed runs Razz
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Mon, 15 November 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canning Dam Rd is always fun... f*$king scary at times but i guess it depends how fast you go.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Mon, 15 November 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poombah wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 08:28

Canning Dam Rd is always fun... f*$king scary at times but i guess it depends how fast you go.
I like the sound of this... never been there, I'll look it up Smile

A favorite drive of mine is (starting in Darlington) Leithdale Rd -> Glen Rd -> Victor Rd -> Clayton Rd -> Scott St -> Helena Valley Rd -> turn left after bridge over Roe Hwy and you're on the Gt Eastern Hwy bypass.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Mon, 15 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about the road that goes threw the tunnel near perth
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Mon, 15 November 2004 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do gravel roads count Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Tue, 16 November 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, nah, I'll be trying to stick to tarmac Wink
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: Fun Roads - Gathering Ideas for Cruise Tue, 16 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous message
ra23celica wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 18:25

Nathan,
Some of these roads may not be what you consider close to Perth, but they are great for driving all the same.

Chittering and C. Valley Road Bullsbrook
O'Brien Rd Gidgegannup
Mundaring Weir Road Mundaring
Jarrahdale Road - either side of Jarrahdale Townsite (on west the 'hillclimb' then east is the 'twisties')
Kingsbury Drive - south of Jarrahdale.

Cheers,
Mitch.

sounds like i should put new brake pads on the bike and head out..
the coming back part might be a bit of a problem.. i have a tendency of going overboard..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how many ra28's left in perth
Next Topic:GSpeed drift comp round 3 (Collie)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:58:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052940845489502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.