Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fugly
Occasional Poster

November 2004
lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 00:29 Go to next message
im lowering my ke35 1.5" all around, cos lets face it - it handles like a boat. so i have king springs for the front, monroe dampeners front and rear, but the rear leafs im gonna use blocks for (for now) adding an extra leaf to stiffen it is gonna be a bit out of my price range for now.

the guys at the suspension place want to sell me lowering blocks for $70, that dont come with U-bolts, then an extra $40 to buy the U-bolts. $110 to me seems pretty hefty, i've had friends pick them up complete for $60. Am i being ripped off?
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes
fugly
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by lots? what would i expect to pay?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, depends on wat quality it is, should have put that be4
try ebay ie: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=29716&item=4504298748&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowering blocks lower the car but are not a good idea of if you are going to drive hard, as it will cause more spring windup etc etc...

quality is BIG factor tho.. last thing you want is for the Ubolts to fail in service Wink maybe it is expensive, but then again, $110 doesn't buy many big macs Twisted Evil
Cya, Stewart
fugly
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but $110 does buy a fair amount of beer Twisted Evil Very Happy . what do you mean by spring wind up, i knew that they wouldnt give me the stiffness of adding an extra leaf, by i dont understand what you mean by wind up.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.eatonsprings.com/tech%20infro.htm#BLOCK S

the springs will twist as a raction to the torque applied to the axles. if you increase the distance between axle and spring, you greatly increase the moment arm of this force, and it greatly increase the amount of twist (wind-up) applied to the spring..

it's called wind up because the sring is.. wound up... and will suddenly release this stored force... causing tyre to slip..
is more commonly known as wheel hop or tramp = baad mmkay.

if you are just going to be cruising around, then blocks are okay.. if you are going to try to accelerate hard or thru corners.. blocks not so good.

each to their own... it's your beer Wink

saa_
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: lowering blocks Wed, 17 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous message
you could get your springs reset for 110 couldn't you?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age/ze sumps
Next Topic:airbags on a hiace
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 18:43:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050311088562012 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.