Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon5.gif  3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:22 Go to next message
Firstly my 3t-gte wont start.

The scenario

-If i leave it for a day when i come back to it it will nearly go. then after some cranking it sounds less and less like starting.

-inspection of the sparkplugs reveals they have become all wet and fuely. a quick whiff of the exhaust pipe confirms it seems to be flooding.

-It has spark on all 4. the timing has been set with a gun

My understanding

-The injection is non-sequential (what ever this might be called) and the injectors pulse 4 times in total prior to their respective intake strokes

-there are two inj plugs on the ecu. these are wired together in the loom to create this single pulse across all injectors

-fuel pressure at the rail needs to be at least 255 kPa or 36+psi i think as a conversion

My questions

is my understanding of the wiring correct?

what should the pulse length be in milliseconds at idle?

is there anything else i need to consider?
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats correct about the wiring of the injectors. There actually is 2 seperate wires for the 4 injectors but internally in the ECU its all connected.

Sure the dizzy isn't 180 degree out?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm, cold start injector?

can you hear the main injectors clicking at all? or do they just fully open and flood the motor?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An injector test light might help here.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, good idea Smile you mean LEDs with an appropriate resistor? Very Happy
craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure the dizzy is in the right place.

actually it cranked up after about 1 second after i rebuilt the eng but then it died a few mins later and hasnt started again.

auto elec measured injector pulse at a couple of milli seconds i think, so it is pulsing, not just staying open
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ahh, good idea you mean LEDs with an appropriate resistor?

If its as easy as that, then yes Smile I am probably the twit who paid full price for one!

The injectors should only be pulsing, thats good. I could tell you the exact millisecond of mine if it wasn't in 101 pieces at the moment. But i think only 10ms pulses at idle or somewhere around that.

Have you taken a spark plug out and put hi tension lead on it to make sure its sparking? Just because timing light is picking up a pulse might not mean spark plugs firing.

craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 3t-gte injection system issues - wont quite start Wed, 17 November 2004 23:12 Go to previous message
its possible the afm is giving bogus readings to the ecu as im not sure it is off a 3t - i know i have one off a 1g-ge the other im not so sure about. and there is a smaller one from a 2t-g.
what would be the consequences of using the 1gge afm on this engine wrt it not starting?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 FUEL GAUGE
Next Topic:Brakes - Slotted, Drilled or both?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:38:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040040016174316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.