Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 08:34 Go to next message
gday

im making up a few sets of the clear ta22 indicator lenses that everybody is crazy about at work

let me know who is interested

pics will be up next weekend

expected to go for around $80 a pair

cheers a lot
wayne
  Send a private message to this user    
PIG KIL
Regular

September 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i will pay 80 bucks for a pair. When are you making them?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a mould set and ready to rock and roll, prototype should be monday but work being work could get busy so next week defianatly then the pics for all to behold

should be pretty good they are being made from high impact acrylic

then we will see about acrylic front guards and bumpers !...same weight as fibreglass
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im in

I spose if we have more sydney ppl interested we can organise freight

Ta
Mani
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same for adelaide.... i'll be interested in a pair, not sure that a "replica" is worth $80 but. I guess it all depends how close they are to the original?!?!?

rob
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 25 October 2002 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they look ok, i will take 2 pairs.
CHEERS
JUZZO
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sat, 26 October 2002 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as ive said in another thread expect the finest detail like the very small toyota writing to come out perfect, or you could buy a set in another thred for $80US, the choice is yours
toyocelica
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sat, 26 October 2002 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, all,

I'm the guy from U.S., Boston, I found those TA-22 lenses is all brand new genuine Toyota parts, Yes, I know US$80 per set is kind of pricy, but I can tell you it's very hard to find here in U.S. brand new, and also, If I were you guys, I won't put the after market lenses on the Classic car, I'll find a USED genuine Toyota parts to replace it, $80 Oz ? How much in US$ ? US$30+ ?? I think in US$30 bucks can find a good pair, So, that's you choice baby !!

Peter Very Happy
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sat, 26 October 2002 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i could buy a USED set here for $80AUS i wouldnt bother making moulds

if you can get a set for $30US good on you maybe you could work something out over your side but by the time they get here they are more than the price yuou paid for them because of overseas postage and then they are only secondhand

wait til you see the finished product i am offering before making opinions please !

cheers
wayne
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya celeMAD, im interested in what you have on offer, im also interested in the ones that aaron in advertising, but if your are of excellent quality, im after up to about 6 pairs for me and some of the boys. just to give you some ideas.
CHEERS
JUZZO
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kool, im also looking into clear tailights too but dont know at this stage if im prepared to distributethem, so that the cars involved will be more of 'one of a kind'
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thatd be funky wayne
let me know if your going to or not ....

Ta
Mani
PIG KIL
Regular

September 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would rather pay $aus80 bucks for replica than $us80 for real ones to me it don't really make much difference.
toyocelica
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh man Please ! You guys trying to make the Classic Celica's looks like a Honda's ?!! In U.S. most of the Honda guys like put the clear tail light on it ..... Oh ! what're difference culture ?!

Peter Confused
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 27 October 2002 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah peter we're the same over here (to an extent) people put the clear lenses and stuff on cars over here too - namely lancers - try to make em look like lexus'
toyocelica
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Mon, 28 October 2002 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Grega,

Yes, I understand it, people like their cars looks special, for the new models is fine, but I thinks is not for the Classic cars, Hey man, our Classic Celica's already looking pretty special on the road ! Don't you know that ? Shocked

Peter Very Happy
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Mon, 28 October 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Celicamad85,

If your reproduction lenses turn out good then you might consider making parking light lenses as well. Apparently they are getting scarce.

If you want genuine brand new clear indicators for you TA22 you may never get the opportunity again!!
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Tue, 29 October 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$80.00 Aus sounds great man I will be up for a pair, cause mine aint classic yet.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Wed, 30 October 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno about that clear tailight idea, might look a little bit GAY, for my liking.
JUZZO
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Wed, 30 October 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to agree with that!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Wed, 30 October 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon tinting the rear tail-lights would look mean but what is the law on that ???

Ta
Mani
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 31 October 2002 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mani the law of common sense says it defeats the purpose dude.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 31 October 2002 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mani,

It is against the law in NSW to have tinted lenses of any description (Unless they were fitted from Factory) It is however ok to have a tinted cover for your lights as long as it is removeable !

Celicamad85,

Dude, I know I'm gunna sound like a real wet blanket and I'm sure you are making a killing but I have got to ask. have you looked into the legal/ramifications of these ? Not just copyright law but general liability and safety aspects. My understanding of Lenses is they are CUT from the material to give a certain level of refraction and hence brightness. If your lenses don't meat the required Standards you are leaving yourself wide open to liability claims. I am sure the material is UV stable and wont fade etc ? Also if it is Clear clear can't you see inside the lense and into the houseing ? personally I think I prefer the White Toyota ones anyway !

Sorry dude I just am not comfortable with it.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 31 October 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya rod, is your tail light cover made of just a peice if smoked prespex??
CHEERS
JUZZO
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 01 November 2002 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

Yeah Mate its a perspex cover Smile Rear bar has been modified to hold it in place Smile
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 01 November 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screw the legal issues, bloody everything in NSW is illegal. Thats why the smart ones make their money here then piss off interstate and live the good life. I'm in for a set, $80 seems fine, keep up the good work mate!

Justin

post some good close up pics when there ready.

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Fri, 01 November 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the support guys, its only illegal if you get caught !!....and the cop knows what he is talking about

but just in case i can make white lenses as well as clear if anybody would prefer either

just need to get some pics up now !

cheers
wayne
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Sun, 12 January 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are there anymore of these lenses availiable?
Ta22 20 valve
Regular

December 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Wed, 15 January 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im up for a set if there still goin
probably make that two
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 16 January 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would also like to see some pics of these. Good idea, i bought some orange lenses for about $40 a pair in adelaide, i doubt they are genuine but they havent faded at all and look good.

I doubt a police officer will have the intelligence to know that these are not standard and that they are fakes. I doubt they would ever give a F*%k either, too busy eating donuts mm donuts. Although if you are getting your car checked by the RTA (regency) then you would obviously change them to the standard ones. I doubt toyota would track you down either, but you never know.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 16 January 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sort of gave up on this for a while, but there seems to be a lot of interest over it again

well you see big companies like mcdonalds try and kill that small fish and chip shop in NSW somewhere over the usage of their namesake but even though that is actually his last name, it all comes down to who has more money to spend on getting it dragged through the courts

i dont think i am bothered over it anymore either, i made a set of lenses for myself but clear clear looks a bit strange when the lights are on you can notice the bulb a lot, but not when the lights are off

while work is relatively quiet i should get a couple of sets of clear white pumping through see how we go

ROD...to answer your concerns over the standards to which i can make these, i can manufacture exact duplicates which function as well as the originals, there is nothing special about the originals they are all moulded from a standard acrylic it is the lines and markings on these which help give out such a bright light

i will keep you guys posted
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 30 January 2003 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news on the lenses ?
Anybody know what manner of bulbs would be used (do they have to be orange?- dumb question)
nik3t
Regular

January 2003
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Tue, 04 February 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested too.

put me down for a pair
Troy
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Racer-X
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Thu, 06 February 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested, put me down for a pair. i rekon clear white back ones wouldn't look too bad.
Syc02T
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Mon, 10 February 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 05:20]

Syc02T
Regular

July 2002
Re: ta22 clear indicator lenses Mon, 10 February 2003 05:19 Go to previous message
I am very interested as well

do you also have a pic of them

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CANON PRINTER
Next Topic:Toyota Parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 20:54:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094571113586426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar