Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Wed, 17 November 2004 07:02 Go to next message
Does anyone know the colour of the wire that connects to the tacho input in the dash so I can tap into it without pulling the whole dash out, I've done it couple of years back but have since forgotten... if someone knows it, it can save me a bit of time, thx
  Send a private message to this user    
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Wed, 17 November 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By memory it it a black wire with red marks on it!
It can be located in the engine bay on the passengers side or behind the passengers side kick panel,where you will find a wire junction box,it is the white connector!
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Wed, 17 November 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you mean there's also a white connector with Black/Red wiring on the passenger side kick panel that I could tap in too? If that's a yes, that will be perfect coz that means I won't have to touch the dash (I hate taking the trims off around the steering wheel.. ) so please confirm... Very Happy
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Wed, 17 November 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can always get a long wire, and put it threw the firewall and put int o the engine bay and tap in there. when i bought my car, it had a mini tacho, and i traced the wire back, still have the wire in my engine bay, all tapped up to were it was connected. ill take a pic for you and edit my post tonight.

Matt
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Thu, 18 November 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tapping to the engine isn't the major problem, it's the other end that's more important... Smile coz I want to get it connected without pulling the dash out.. Smile
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Fri, 19 November 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring me after 9 am on saturday and i will run you to the right wire, but in the meantime pull off you passengers side kickpanel.
Mick!
gtmick
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Fri, 19 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, beter give you my number!! 0419602790.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Dash Tacho colour of the input wiring loom Fri, 19 November 2004 12:47 Go to previous message
so that means definately the tacho wire runs through the passenger kick panel? That would be great! But I'll be busy out in the city tomorrow night, so if you find out you can post me the results here, or I'll give you a call on Sunday..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:uneven camber, whats acceptable?
Next Topic:4ag flywheel bolts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:10:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048401355743408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.