Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » how to get rid of mice?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

icon5.gif  how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 10:26 Go to next message
hey all,

we have a big bird the length of the house with Canaries, quail, finches etc etc..

anyways, we cant put down bait cos the others will eat it too, traps wont really work either.

the little bastards are everywhere, and can dig better then i thought Laughing

the past 3 nights iv been sitting in the cage with the air riffle and just waiting, go 5 so far, and today i flooded 2 out with a house and then stepped on them, but thats gonna take to long.

so what options do i have?
  Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout those cage things that the mice can only climb into, but not out. They go nuts for peanut butter, but your birds shouldn't(?).
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They loooooove penut butter... best evah thing to bait traps with. Wink
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I THINK U CAN GET AT POISON that only kills rats (lolllllll)// anything else thats eats it wont die maybe try that i duno where to et it from though but ive seen it before good for using when u have other pets around as wel and only want the mice to die
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chocolate but befor you put it on your trap etc get a match and melt it a little (no shit). i have found that works even better than penut butter
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude.
Use punctuation!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you need is a bucket, a wine bottle, an old sock and a lump of cheese.

You half fill the bucket with water.
Pull the sock over the thick end of the bottle until it gets to the start of the narrowing for the neck.
Stuff the hunk of cheese into the neck of the bottle.
Now you put the bottle over the bucket so that the sock ends over the water, generally you'd sit the bottle in a tree.

The mice crawl along the sock to get the cheese, when they hit the bare glass they fall into the water and then have a "nap".

We made these when we were on the farm during the mouse plagues and there would often only be about 2 inches of empty space in the top of the bucket in the morning.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how to get rid of mice? Tue, 16 November 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 09:07

What you need is a bucket, a wine bottle, an old sock and a lump of cheese.

You half fill the bucket with water.
Pull the sock over the thick end of the bottle until it gets to the start of the narrowing for the neck.
Stuff the hunk of cheese into the neck of the bottle.
Now you put the bottle over the bucket so that the sock ends over the water, generally you'd sit the bottle in a tree.

The mice crawl along the sock to get the cheese, when they hit the bare glass they fall into the water and then have a "nap".

We made these when we were on the farm during the mouse plagues and there would often only be about 2 inches of empty space in the top of the bucket in the morning.

I'll add that you should add dishwashing liquid to the water as well, kills them faster as it gets rid of the air that catches in their fur. Smile

My step grandfather up in Bilo, when they had the plague of mice last year, just had a heap of those traps that once they crawl in, they can't crawl out of, (yep, peanut butter lure as well), then he just dumped the contents the next day into the bucket of soapy water.
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: how to get rid of mice? Wed, 17 November 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix...mate can you do a drawing explaining your mouse "trap"

tks
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: how to get rid of mice? Wed, 17 November 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not build the aviary on concrete?? lay down a slab, keeps the mice out, and is heaps easier to clean....
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: how to get rid of mice? Wed, 17 November 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks everyone for the tips/ideas!!!

i'll start on joshstix one tonight Very Happy (yes could you please take a pic or draw your design Smile )

i also might buy my self one of those mouse trap thingys someone said, how they can get in but not out if the bucket thing doesnt work.

silverghost, our bird cage is 8ft wide by around 55-65ft long, so thats alot of concrete, plus its would be to hard now as its been there for around 6months, and everything has grown etc in there, so yeh, but i hear what ya saying!
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: how to get rid of mice? Thu, 18 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
point coloured smoke flares down there holes and have another guy with a big stick to smack em when the come out

pour petrol down the holes and set fire to it

bungers down the holes and blow em up

sparkler bombs down there holes and set fire to it

or continue with the air rifle Evil or Very Mad

and yes there is a common theme to my ideas Very Happy
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: how to get rid of mice? Thu, 18 November 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK you asked for it, here's a "drawing" of the trap I described.

http://www.FreePhotoHost.net/is.php?i=82376&img=trap.JPG
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how to get rid of mice? Thu, 18 November 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/AE86slut/is.jpg

On a serious note, that sounds like a good trap Josh. I might give that a go myself.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: how to get rid of mice? Sat, 20 November 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we caught a rat running around in the livning room the other day, we i was still oocking the door wheni hear erin scream and run out of the living room screaming theres a rat.

so i went into the living room shut the doors so it couldnt get out. about 15min of chasing it around with a golf stick (ie a golf club with the head brken off it) i came out with the corpse erin wasnt impressed by the yelling and swearing at it especially the "how you fell now you little bastard after i stepped on ya"

mayfield rats are hardcore you can almost mistake the bastards for cats.

but yeah golf club.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: how to get rid of mice? Sun, 21 November 2004 04:31 Go to previous message
For the past 3 nights you have been sitting inside the birdcage with a rifle?

You are crazy Laughing .... Just had a flashback from Friday, where Smokey is sitting inside the pidgeon cage going nuts after he had the angel dust....

Anyways, good luck getting rid of the mice .. Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Krispy Kreme
Next Topic:asleep at the wheel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:25:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005918025970459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.