Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

icon9.gif  Pulled over for the first time Fri, 25 October 2002 09:28 Go to next message
Well i got pulled over for the first time after having my license for over a year, driving along, highway patrol car on the side of the road once i go past he pulls out and gets in behind me. after a little while he pulls me over and says"you know your tow bar is blocking your number plate, you probably have it on there to stop getting booked by speed camera's, i gather it your a local so if i see your car on the road in 1min's time with it still on there i will give you a $175 fine"
then starts walking back to his car then walks back over and says "your P plate is meant to be 100% visible not 75% so fix it" then walked off again, some cops really give me the shits and need to get a life, i've passed thousands of cop cars and had heaps driving along behind me and never been pulled over for any reason at all. i reckon this cop is new to the area and just marking his turf by trying to scare some P platers.

anyway i'm disapointed my "never been pulled over before" stint had to end by a cop who just had nothing better to do. Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Fri, 25 October 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warnings are better than fines every day. lucky!
mick
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Fri, 25 October 2002 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had some fat pig say that about my p plates...... i'd been driving around for over 2 years with the plate in the same spot. He tried telling me otherwise too Embarassed Embarassed dumb cop!!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Fri, 25 October 2002 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got pulled over in Hornsby for being a 'hoon'... That was all because I have an exhaust... Gayness... I wasn't over-revving, just going 50km/h at about 3,000rpm... And also, he complained that my "P" plates were not visable enough... There was like 1cm of the bottom of the "P" not visable and they had a hissy fit Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad ... Friggen pigs!!! They suggested that I get some of those metal frames and I told them "no"... So I got a nut and bolt and bolted the friggen thing to the side of the no. plate and it was done... They didn't even say anything about the angle that the no. plate was on as it is cable tied to hang over the join in the bottom lip of the front spoiler...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Fri, 25 October 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and for anyone who knows the back of a celica there isn't any room to put a p plate holder on unless you want the p plate facing the the side of the road, still haven't taken the tow ball off Laughing need something to clamp onto the ball to stop it from spinning.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: Pulled over for the first time Sun, 27 October 2002 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, ginsie. they are having a big crack down in the
hornsby local area, they have some crack down on beginner drives, i was talking to a cop at a party that i was at in hornsby south last week and he said that they have been having a lot of probs with P platers, but i dont think thats very FAIR, me being one myself hate being discriminated against because of my P's. i hate cops, got nothing better to do than pull me over and tear apart my whole car just because they thought that i may be carrying/transporting elicid substances.
FUCK WITS, FUCK EM
CHEERS
JUZZO
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Sun, 27 October 2002 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was browsing another forum and came across this witty idea for a bumper sticker

what a classic
"I must be lucky ive been RANDOMLY pulled over 5 times in the last hour"
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Mon, 28 October 2002 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got pulled over once about the P plate thing, a chick cop pulled me over and said that its hardly visible and should be next to the number plate. It was on the rear window behind tint.

i was actually doin 60 in a 50 but i think it was my sweet voice that got me off. Rolling Eyes
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Mon, 28 October 2002 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got pulled over for FADED P plates - 10 years ago - sheesh!

like GIN51E says - get a life. i know they have to do a job, and probably sux just as much as mine, but there is something called give and take which seems to have gone out the window lately with common sense..
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Mon, 28 October 2002 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds discrimanately just having the P plate on your car.. take it off and that way they won't bug u about it.

God. in QLD we don't even have to have a L plate on our car.

reading all your posts just makes it seam like the government is making it harder for the every day australian to drive a roadworthy car. "your guilty without being able to prove yourself innocent"

I wonder if there are any books around that tell u what the cops know. i'd love to have a look at it, make my car comply with all those rules then shove that book up thier ass when i get pulled over.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Mon, 28 October 2002 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm suprised I haven't been pulled over once and I've had my P's for over 2 years. When I've been pulled into a boose bus I've always flashed a smile at the cops and they've always been nice to me so hopefully I wouldn't have any troubles. Very Happy
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 29 October 2002 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had this problem with a vehicle inspector. I was pulled over in the same place by the same inspector 3 times within a week. It was quite obvious that he was purposely picking me out due to my P plates, as a couple of these times, I was surrounded by traffic, and this dickhead chose me Mad .

The third time he did it was just too much, so I asked him if he remembered pulling me over twice earlier in the week. He said he did(wrong move), so I had to let him know my feelings on this matter. I told him that it he was being unfair in targeting me over the other cars. He tried to argue back, saying that my car didn't look very roadworthy. This was a 1989 magna in excellent condition. I told him he was full of shit. He said something about giving him respect, so I told him that I'd give him some respect when he gave me some. He didn't like that either. I wonder why Twisted Evil .

Anyway, I told him that he knows that my car is roadworthy, so I had no reason to be there. I told him that if I was pulled over again by him I would report him to the real cops.

I know this was stupid, and it could've ended with me on a black list, but instead I now seem to be immune to vehicle inspections. This guy must be scared of losing his job or something, cuz he's too afraid to pull me over again Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's amazing what you're capable of when someone pisses you off enough Very Happy
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 29 October 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's pretty lucky. You probably made him realise that he didn't have as much authority as he would like.

My friend is well know to the cops because of his cortina. But he was driving this really crap Pulsar (which we now own) It had no front grill, no bumper, the bonnet was covered in surface rust, bald front tires (reverse doughnuts!) and a huge rust hole in the floor. He got pulled over by the cops in it and chatted to them nicely and they didn't even canary him.

I think if you're nice to them then they won't be too bad back to you.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 30 October 2002 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree that it is best to be nice to them. The moral to my story was "I'm an idiot" Razz. I forgot to add that to my previous post.......

Still I was nice to this guy twice, and he was still giving me a hard time so I had to go to plan B..... hehehe
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 30 October 2002 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're lucky. I'm really surprised that i haven't been pulled over or got a ticket yet.

That traffic dude probably just got on a power trip and you put him back in his place. Hopefully he'll think twice about picking on P platers again!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 30 October 2002 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a p plater myself and i have been booked for no p's, i got one point left Smile but i will say this and i know i wont make friends for it but i have NO sympathy for people who put their p's in stupid spots like laying flat on their dash or bluetacked behind some darker than legal tint. i mean, if your gonna go to the trouble of having p's, put them with the plates. id rather have no p's atleast you can say they blew off cause they know and you know that inside the car isnt legal. its just stupid i could go on.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 30 October 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's legal to have them on the inside of your car windows in melbourne. We don't have the ones that go with your rego plate. Our's are the ones that stick with static and have small holes in them so it supposidly doesn't create a blind spot. If we get booked for not displaying P plates it's 1 point per plate.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Pulled over for the first time Thu, 31 October 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same fine for us.
i know the ones your talking about my mate has them behind is 20% tint Rolling Eyes
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Thu, 31 October 2002 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, we can get in trouble if they aren't visible at all but as long as the cop isn't a prick and they can still be fairly clearly seen then it's ok.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 05 November 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being nice will get you a long way with most cops
but with some, there's just nothing you can do to get out of it

I got away with doing a burnout in front of some cops (not quite as bad as it sounds, but almost)... got pulled over, acted all embarrased (well, it wasn't all acting) and was generally nice.
and apart from checking to see if my tyres were bald, and asking if there was anyhting illegal inside my car, they let me off
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 05 November 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As Ginsie said earlier, there's no space to put a p plate on the back of a celica without partially obscuring the P. The 'it must have blown off' excuse worked for me a couple of times. After being pulled over three times, I still haven't been booked for not having my Ps on.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 05 November 2002 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found that if you tear it up a little can have good results.

I mean, pretend like your on the verge of crying. Sad

Last time I was pulled over (85 in a 60 zone) I made like I was lost and late for a date, got a bit upset and he let me off.

Its a little embarrasing Embarassed but worth doing when that would have been the difference between loosing my license.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 05 November 2002 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Being a chick and having a guy cop would be one advangate. A lot of the time when I'm in my car I'm wearing a skirt for work or a fairly tight or low top(especially in summer) so I hope that would get me out of anything! Very Happy

I can live in hope can't I?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 November 2002 00:52]

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Tue, 05 November 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celicachick wrote on Wed, 06 November 2002 09:17

Being a chick and having a guy cop would be one advangate. A lot of the time when I'm in my car I'm wearing a skirt for work or a fairly tight or low top(especially in summer) so I hope that would get me out of anything! Very Happy

License and registration pls
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate the cops...

they think they know everything

i think out of the times ive been pulled over for RBT
or anything ive only met one nice copper
who had a smoke with my while they were putting my plates thru the computer

i am currently unlicensed and i know that i deserved that and everything but damn... sometimes they just take their bad day out on us young people

like one time this copper goes out of his way to pull me over
i mean he was turning right at the lights and when he saw me and my car he ran the red light [with out lights or siren]
followed me after about three streets and then pulled me over

just to tell me that i was missing a P plate..

after that i just didnt bother wearing them... its too much hassel.
i lost my license for speeding about 8 months later...
and the cop didnt bother about asking me about my P plates
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23chick... you're definitly right.
one of my gorgeous female friends (yes, I have many) was pulled over for 89 in a 60 zone... let off.
another was pulled over for 130 in a 110 zone, but she was on her P's so only allowed to go 80, plus she didn't have either of her P plates on

she got let off with a 15km/hr and over fine, that was it.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's true, Power of the pussy!!!

Knowing my luck though, I'll get pulled over and be wearing a really daggy old track suit. Or coming home from basketball not looking my best, or the day I wear something good, it will be a chick cop.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh
a winning smile from a pretty face will always give a girl a much better chance of getting away with it.
Problem for us guy being that most chick cops think they have to act uber-tough to get by in the police force, and usually end up twice as nasty as the male cops.
Although I have met a couple of exceptions
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, that's what I've heard about chick cops too.

And if they go to road worthy my car then I'll act like a typical chick and pretend not to know anything about cars. My friend did a good one and told them that her dad said it was ok and she got away with it. They just told her to fix the problems.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there used to be plenty of things my car could have been defected for (there was only one mechanic who would pass it for rego), yet in all that time of being RBT'd etc, not one cop mentioned the broken housing on my rear indicator, or the 2 front tyres down to the canvas
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Wed, 06 November 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took mine to get a roady last year and I had no back breaks cause the cylinder had a leak. I drove it in over the hoist, the guy checked the lights and wipers. Put it up and said I had a oil leak which I new about, but the oil light switch was still functioning so it didn't matter, then he said the break lines were starting to perish, but they were still functioning. Then passed it. He didn't even take it for a drive or take the wheels off. Very Happy
moukey_lal
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Thu, 07 November 2002 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THe first time i was pulled over, i had an unregested, and un isured 77 celica.. I was on my way to get the blue slip for it, mind you it had no plates, and i was speeding and a cop came the other way. THen he turned around and pulled me over. He didnt do anything just wanted to know where me plates were, and stuff. He was pretty cool
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Pulled over for the first time Thu, 07 November 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the last week i have driven straight past 1 speeding camera, 1 unmarked cop car, one marked cop car and one RBT.

All had a look at me

I was doing 95 in an 80 zone past the speed camera ... thank god my speedo is out Twisted Evil

Was going 125km's on the highway in a 100zone... once again, thank god my speedo is out Twisted Evil

110 past a marked cop car, once again i knew my speedo is out so i didn't bother slowing down.

Then the RBT was on the other side of the road.

Though from all this i'll know in a few weeks how lucky i really was.
I got 12 points, i think i'll be right.
Unfortunately it's not the points i'm worried about, it's the $$$.

CelicaLuva
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Pulled over for the first time Sat, 09 November 2002 11:02 Go to previous message
A few months back I was going home took off from the lights at a T intersection and I floored it. Saw a car coming the other way and I just knew it was the cops, so I thought should I or not so I kept the pedal to the metal and by the time I passed them atleast 110km in a 60km zone in my TRX hehehe Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Then I thought oh ohhhhh Confused and slowed down to like 55km hehe and waited for them they turned around and flew up behind me, pulled me over for a chat hehe.

The guy was cool said nothing bad just breatho, I said I was offered a beer that arvo but chose not partake and he said "Gee your lucky I can't remember the last time I was offered a beer."

Then I cruised home...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3 Idiots in 30mins!!!!
Next Topic:TAIL GATING LANOS WANKER!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 12:17:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007260799407959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.