Toymods » Track Talk » Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 05:46 Go to next message
was pulling onto guilford road news king william st. and see a mk2 supra.. I had to wait for him to go past, and pulled in a few cars behind him.
was thinking,, okay its some nana in a supra as usual.. but catchup anyways.
he is waiting at a red light and I pull behind him.. and he waves! was cool.. then we boot off again.
the next set of lights I was a bit behind him in the other lane.. and see this red light.. and 'oh goodie' hehe
but there is another car in his lane.. so I stop back from the line on my side and rock up next to him 'Hey!! nice car mate!!" etcetc
have a 10sec conversation about what engine you got.. yeah I got a 5m.. yeah.. ive got a 3t.. etcetc
lights have been green for 5secs now.. and the other car has gone.. and we have a lil drag thing.
then I had to turn off to goto the shops.. and we waved each other.
it was really cool :D

I dunno if the supra guy is a toymodder.. but it was a cool random encounter on the street.

Edit: I was driving my 81 Celica with 3T-GTEU Engine conversion (stock engine for a while *evil grin*)

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 05:48]

Send a private message to this user    
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh, I'm sure it's someone we know ... or at least we'll know someone who know's him. The Mk2 Supra 'family' is pretty small in Perth ....bada-bing bada-boom.

So, what colour was it?
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was white. not exactly a show car :P
it had a 5M according to the driver.. was stock methinks.
driver was prolly 28 odd years old.. though I am a very bad guess at these things.. he was no "P" plater anyways :P
think he had bit of a goat-tee.. not too sure.. heehee.

it was prolly bout 4ish on saturday.

mates got a MK2 Supra (VG30 DETT Powered [well soon to be powerd by-- when it gets running *grin*]) soon to join this family.

I like the MK2's maybe thats why I got my celica :)
supra - popup lights = my celica :)

what do these cars weigh?
*shoves a rotary in one*
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 16:46

mates got a MK2 Supra (VG30 DETT Powered [well soon to be powerd by-- when it gets running *grin*]) soon to join this family.

*shoves a rotary in one*

Mr Woodwards car? Wink They weigh about 1300kg, but it depends greatly on what engine is in it.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed!

justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 18:39

setsuna wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 16:46

*shoves a rotary in one*

Mr Woodwards car? ;) They weigh about 1300kg, but it depends greatly on what engine is in it.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, there can't be too many VG30DETT Mk2 Supras in Perth Wink
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nodding!
its been quite a while in the making!
quite a few will be interested when its going! =)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Mon, 15 November 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the only thing I know to make Project Decade seem quick.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 19:46

Strange choice of engine for a transplant. My curiosity is piqued.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it was either a N/A Toyota V8 with an auto box.
or the VG30TT with a manual :D

decisions.. decisions.. :D
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are the pics his brother Pete sent me before:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=47175&rid=162&S=49ad7a55ebf0085e26568551 53deb526&pl_view=&start=0#msg_430271
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 14:07

setsuna wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 19:46

Strange choice of engine for a transplant. My curiosity is piqued.

go and race him for toyota pride when it is done Justin! Razz
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 14:51

go and race him for toyota pride when it is done Justin! Razz

Hmmm ... what will it do for Yota Pride when he wins? Until I get the twin GT2510's (or other turbo set-up), I doubt the 1JZ will do better than that ... though I'd like to think it'll be close Very Happy

Just imagine that twin set-up on a VH45 ... Oh well, ETTO.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 05:25]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the 1JZGTE doesn't at least give that a run for its money, especially with your exhaust, IC and ECU, I'd be VERY surprised.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hehe, that sounds like a challenge for me Rolling Eyes

If it were an indurance marathon, I'd be very confident. A quarter mile, I think that VG would use it's torque advantage to pip the JZ at the post (assuming similar suspension and tires). But it would be fun trying ...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The VG30 torque is only going to make it harder to launch, time will tell if it has enough power to reel it in, and mid-range and top-end power is where the 1JZ excels.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 16:30

The VG30 torque is only going to make it harder to launch, time will tell if it has enough power to reel it in, and mid-range and top-end power is where the 1JZ excels.

nah, not with stock turbos. the 1j would pull away nicely if you can get traction becuase of shit all lag but they run out of puff around 5500rpm depending on mods.

sorry, what turbos does this vg30 use?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factory T25's. Just relocated to remove some of the width from the engine.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh, only t25's! I don't see what the negativity is all about then! My mate has a vq30 t04 powered laurel and it makes around 265rwhp. that is with FMIC, wolf 3d, exhaust etc.

I think this would be a very good race and would come down to the driver ability! get a video camera when it happens! Smile
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Tue, 16 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ohhh ... only stocker T25s Smile . Given the fancy IC piping and stuff, I'd assumed they were GT25somethings. In that case, I think the 1J would have a chance (with a good drag driver, which I'm starting to think I'm not - I hate to hear the tortured screams of my little pet). With the help of the Haltech electronic boost controller, I'm getting boost at insanely low RPM's and spooling to the max 13psi very quickly. Definitely need to trade the 4.1 diff for a 3.7 to smooth things out.

PS: I was just looking at an RB23 Laurel for auction in Japan - very nice. Shocked

Justin
Armchair Racer
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Cool Random Encounter with Supra. [perth] Thu, 18 November 2004 15:22 Go to previous message
negative. they T03's Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OOPS... I THINK I JUST SHIT MYSELF!
Next Topic:18RG corona VS 2 x commodore V8's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:27:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044820308685303 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.