AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:54 Go to next message

go to schoolies?[ 28 vote(s) ]
1.yes! 19 / 68%
2.no! 9 / 32%

im just going into year 12 and everyone is booking schoolies for next year...
im REALLY considering dogging it, it seems to cost around $2000+
and i cant help but think what that money could do to my car
sure its a week or 2 of FUN but it'll all be over before i know it..
where as $2000 could get me a 4agze/3tgte that would supply daily fun for who knows how long!

jesse

Send a private message to this user    
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon you should go.. I have been twice and would go a third, but im getting a bit too old to look like i have just finished school!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i stayed here, and we had the maddest piss up in history Very Happy and it didnt break the budget Razz

Started straight after the last exam at 12noon and didnt stop till 5am, then had a break till about 12 and did it again Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schoolies was fun, in qld anyways

went 2 years in a row Smile

although that was 4 yrs ago, times have changed now and they have cracked down heaps Rolling Eyes
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go man...ull never have another time like it...its the bomb...although i was on the cruise with the "man overboard" and the "rapings" it was still awesome...where r u goin or might be goin for skoolies?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive gone from 50/50 to 60/40 in favour of going
i had a think about it, i may as well end my school life with some fun!
i have the rest of my life to drive and have a hot car!
and i would hate hearing the storys of what everyone did at schoolies...
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go for sure!
the best fun ive had in my life was had on schoolies. Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do it!
it was f***ing awesome! although i'll say stay in a decent play. i didn't along with mates and we found we spent most of the time hanging out at other peoples places because they had bigger and better rooms
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go!! When i went up last year i had the best time and didnt spend that much money. I spent a bit under $1000 for accom, beer, food, plane.
You just have to save money where you dont need to use it, so we had cheap canned spagetti on toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day Laughing .
We also got these chicks to come around and cook for us a few nights which was a bonus!
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a counterexample, I wasn't allowed to go to schoolies (!) so I went with some mates up to Guilderton for a few days. And then I went home. It sucked ass most suckily. I still regret not going somewhere that had (a) parties, (b) young people (the six of us halved the town's average age just by being there), and (c) ladies (although given the age thing that may have been a blessing in disguise).

Go to schoolies. You'll regret not going.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come it cost so much, going to schooliez next year..
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah go.. but on a budget. tent n stuff. and f@#k many many school girls.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban, Go or ban, go or ban,

And don't forget the schoolgirl thing Evil or Very Mad
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This pretty damm upsetting when I think about it. I mean what is this world coming to when the only way kids can have fun is to go somewhere, get drunk and cause trouble? Is it just lack of imagination, or has it got something to do with the additives in food slowing the maturing process?
I dont know but I'm damm sure I can think of other ways to have fun without trying to impress my so called mates by drinking as much hot beer as possible.
I actually feel sorry for these people. But oh well, ya get that.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in the same boat as you in year12. So I didnt go.
Then regretted it HEAPS because of all the mad stories from my mates.

So the next year, I got some other mates together and went. Half my mates went to Gold coast/Brisbane and said its overated... I on the other hand went to Byron Bay and had an awesome time.

If you want the 'fully sik' club scene with all teh associated crap, go to QLD. But if your up for a more laid back atmosphere head to byron. They have 1 club and 1 major bar. You might think this is bad but its good because all the people are in one spot. So this increases your chances of running into ppl more than once.

We just pretty much drank, surfed, hung out at the beach day (and night sometimes) and got into some interesting situations. Our place cost $1400 between 6 for a week and it was a DUPLEX double story house on the beach (there just happened to be 6 girls from sydney next door Wink

I've been meaning to go back

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 20:41]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 20 November 2004 04:22

This pretty damm upsetting when I think about it. I mean what is this world coming to when the only way kids can have fun is to go somewhere, get drunk and cause trouble? Is it just lack of imagination, or has it got something to do with the additives in food slowing the maturing process?
I dont know but I'm damm sure I can think of other ways to have fun without trying to impress my so called mates by drinking as much hot beer as possible.

Old Fart Razz Laughing

Jokes dude Smile
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeaaah forget the car!
im going, ill just do it on the cheap!

thanks guys!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: schoolies? Fri, 19 November 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 20 November 2004 04:22

your right. i definantly have lost my imagination.
a few years ago we used to have the best times without a drop of alcohol.
we did stuff like nuddy runs through caltex, swimming in the castle towers fountain, dressing up in suits and set up a table in maccas with candles, a table cloth, plates and cutlery, then we ate our burgers like we were in a classy restaurant.
and the best one was getting inside a huge cardboard box with the bottom open and walking through the piazza section of castle towers!

now we are all stupid and have no more ideas so we just drink a lot.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: schoolies? Sat, 20 November 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to byron too, much cheaper than $2k for a week.

Rent a house, split it between a few mates and its cheap as chips!

Was an awesome time

P.S go to cheeky monkeys.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: schoolies? Sat, 20 November 2004 03:29 Go to previous message
yeah i only spent a grand. thats airfares, accomodation, beer, food, tatoo, piercing. all the must-do's of schoolies.

chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need help?
Next Topic:tailgating idiots!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:53:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059058666229248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.