Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 08:09 Go to next message
well i got 3tgte to run - five plugs were screwed!!
but its very very rich and black smokey.

what could be causing this?

i tried to run the hp fuel pump directly from the battery ie 12v constant but the engine dies. should this happen? shouldn't the regulator and injectors control the amount of fuel regardless?

i can hear a clicking from the fuel pressur relay prior to it cutting. i assume what is happening is it is getting a signal from the afm that more air is coming in, then actuating the fuel pump which in turn floods the engine.

the injectors could be opening too long too i suppose.

i must have gone through about 8 litres of gas in twenty minutes max. that would mean they were flowing around 100cc/ min on idle, which is way too much i would have thought

any thoughts?
  Send a private message to this user    
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: 3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Straight out grab a multimeter, and put the car in the "On" position, and measure what volts/amps/Ohms you get from the AFM as you move the accel

Next, check to see what signal LENGTH (Oscillator screen) you are getting to the injector...
Or before that one, you could also pull out each injector, grab a 9v battery, and throw it across the injector, see if it moves heaps, or little...
If it moves little, get it properly cleaned, it's a) jammed open, b) jammed shut

Then with injectors out, compare them, are they open (when closed) at different lengths?

The other thing to check is what voltage is being recieved from the O2 sensor (Using multimeter)

Also, what computer are you running?
craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had the injectors cleaned and flowed, i have checked they are pulsing.
i dont have an o2 sensor as its bung, but o2 only affects it when its crusing right?
also which of the 6 or so afm pins should i be checking and testing?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 08:33]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something simple, but is the wiring to the coolant temp sensor okay (or is the plug on properly)? If this is open circuit, your ECU will run as if the motor is cold all the time, injecting substantially more fuel. Confused
craufurd
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes that is plugged in but i guess its possible the sensor is not working. is there somehow i can check if this is working or could i trick it by just shorting the connection and tricking it
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: 3tgte starts, but floods Fri, 19 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous message
I wouldn't have a clue on which ones to check (Pins on AFM)

If you got me a wiring diagram of the AFM and of the ECU I could tell you then...
And the AFM should change in Ohms from memory (thats why I said check all 3)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Looking for EVOsti's 4AGZE tacho diagram thingy
Next Topic:4age 16v FWD gearboxes and ratios
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:50:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046708583831787 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.