Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Motor Show Mon, 14 October 2002 09:12 Go to next message
Who's going to the motor show this year???

I know of a few people that are going and I suggest that we get a group together to go there...

What are people's thoughts???
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Motor Show Mon, 14 October 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im possibly going next weekend with my gf and my mate and his gf Smile

might cya there
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 14 October 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill eb going to the melb one and the GP money providing - got to get a heap of happy snaps of the new GT falcon for a friend in the states
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 14 October 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mean to exclude people but I was talking about the Sydney Motor Show...
Sorry for the mix-up...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Mon, 14 October 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
er, ben... when do u want to go?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Tue, 15 October 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, I was thinking of tagging along with Martin on friday... Wanna come then or do you wanna go on the weekend??? I was thinking of a weekday cause there would be less ppl...
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Tue, 15 October 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there saturday night
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Tue, 15 October 2002 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben we will be driving in on Friday probably leave Hornsby just after 9am as Tom has to be back by 5pm for work. and i got my SLR Camera now so its time to chew through some roles of film Very Happy
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 16 October 2002 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be going on Sunday along with Bandit and a few other friends.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 16 October 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i might just have to take a day off work then hey Very Happy

ill talk to benny aboot this tonite...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Ferrari... Awesome!!!

The fastest and most expensive Ferrari ever built will be the feature attraction at this year’s Sydney Motor Show.

Five-time world drivers champion Michael Schumacher had a hand in the Enzo’s development, declaring it the closest road going vehicle ever to his all-conquering Formula One Ferrari in terms of performance.
Weighing just 1363KG and featuring a full carbon-fibre monocoque, the mid-engined, 6.0 litre V12 Enzo accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in just 3.65 seconds, making it as fast as an F1 car.

Ferrari will build only 349 examples of the Enzo – one fewer than the F50 and the McLaren F1 supercar – to ensure its exclusivity.

http://newsmotoring.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,210683,00.jpg
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also just found this... The new Holden SSX... Looks *different*... I dunno what to call it actually...

HOLDEN has released an all-wheel-drive V8 sports hatch concept car at the Sydney Motor Show which chairman and managing director Peter Hanenberger says could be driving on our roads in less than two years.

The car, dubbed the SSX, is described by Holden as a luxury four-seater sports lifestyle machine. A key feature is its flat-floored, multi-purpose load area which is accessible through a large rear hatch.

Peter Hanenberger, Holden Chairman and Managing Director, believes vehicles like SSX will complement the off-road AWD capability of cars like the upcoming Cross8 as Holden enters a new era of manufacturing flexibility based around families of niche vehicles.

"SSX is our vision of the future. It is the cream of our Australian design and engineering expertise channelled into a car of world class standard. It heralds a family of low ride height, inspirational all-wheel-drive niche performance vehicles that could become reality in less than two years," Mr Hanenberger said.

Michael Simcoe, Holden's Executive in Charge, Design, says the company will be monitoring reaction to the car to gauge future demand. "We're asking questions with this showcar. We want people to tell us if a flexible performance vehicle like this is something they'd like to see in a few years. We're saying that where we are with the Commodore SS right now isn't necessarily the only way to go.

We intend to expand the range with more and more inspirational niche models with a variety of powertrains, drive systems and innovative body styles," he continued. The sleek SSX (SS + Crossover) is the product of the company's biggest ever concept car project. Besides its V8 powerplant, the SSX has a wide track stance, wheel arch extensions over 19-inch magnesium alloys, front fender vents, Venturi-style aerodynamic underpans - punctuated at the rear by twin central exhausts - and dual aircraft-style fuel filler doors.

Styling cues are VY Commodore with a more aggressive edge - in front a bold, deeper facia with twin projector headlamps, foglamps and exclusive grille. At the rear, the hatch is integrated and edged with a slim black spoiler. Specific blackout tail lamps set SSX even further apart. The rear load compartment features a matt black floor bisected by stainless steel wear strips, and side storage compartments finished in Titan silver.

With either or both of the rear seats folded, the steel-highlighted floor finish continues and an integrated rear storage bin remains accessible.

The Holden SSX design concept is powered by a high output, 5.7 litre Generation III V8 engine. S

SX Feature Highlights

Mechanical: 5.7 litre high performance GEN III V8 engine 4-speed electronic automatic transmission All-wheel drive Front, rear and centre open differentials High-performance Harrop brakes with specific SSX caliper graphics Anti-lock braking system (ABS) Traction control Power steering Front track: 1,623 mm Rear track: 1,680 mm

Comfort/Convenience: Power side windows, power rear window Steering wheel with height and reach adjust Electric driver's seat height function Large screen menu-controlled multi-function display Dual zone climate control Cruise control Headlamps auto off; programmable time delay Rear window demister Roof-mounted storage compartment with integrated spot lamps Solid, fold open seatback map pockets in Titan silver Safety/Security Driver and passenger airbags Remote hatch lock and remote key release Anti-submarining seat ramps Automatic collision engine shut down Encoded remote key Engine immobiliser Dual stage unlocking Remote deadlocking

http://newsmotoring.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,214289,00.jpg
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ferrari is on channel 10 news now Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahh! that holden SSX is just a jazzed up RT132 corona Laughing
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone hear about the new ferrari not being road legal ???
how gay

can they still drive it on a track or something ???

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Thu, 17 October 2002 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but its a LIFTBACK!!!!

did i hear anyone say cool??? Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 18 October 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The motor show was cool with lots of nice promo girls... Especially the ones from Audi and Mitsubishi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... I'll see if I can do something about pics but can't promise anything...
There were a few cool cars whick included:
The Holden SSX,
Turbo Echo,
Magna AWD,
MR2 'Stret Affair',
Toyota Rugged Sports Coupe (wierd),
and the Jeep Willy's 2... Even with handles at the back to tie the kids up... It also had a wicked gear shift lever... Jet style with two tubes for it to slide along... I really can't explain it properley...

So yeah, the show wasn't bad at all...
wannatoy
Regular

July 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 21 October 2002 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have some pic but wouldn't have a clue how to post 'em up

i took some pics of the turbo echo and some of the concpt race cars...

wow, did anyone get turned on by the cutaway camry????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NOT! Laughing
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 21 October 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats wrong with a Camry ??? Shocked
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Mon, 21 October 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who thought the stereo in the corolla sounded pretty average, i did sounds very muffled

wannatoy
Regular

July 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 21 October 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on FWDcelica....

the camry still fails to get the heart pumping as claimed in the ads

yes, it it dynamically a great car, awesome engine... but the car looks our of proportion and bland...

the boot looks way too big

i mean, you want a sexy car, check out the new mazda 6. if toyota brought out something like that then it would be worth drooling about.

... re the eclipse rolla.... i think it is simply just decked out with a whole lot of top stuff in their catalogue. it looks pretty good for a rolla though

actually one rolla that did catch my eye was in carlingford court. a guy was driving a black new rolla with 18inch roh adrenalines and lowered. no kit on it. it looked very slick.

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also have 98 shots from the show and need to get them online... Any1 wanna do some hosting???
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 23 October 2002 16:58

I also have 98 shots from the show and need to get them online... Any1 wanna do some hosting???

Total, how big are all the 98 pictures you got ben? i got just under 9mb on offer blank on my webspace....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a whopping huge total of 29.8MB... If someone knows how to downsize them (Not the dimentions, the file size), then pls let me know... This would be using Photoshop 6.0...

But Steve, I could only send a few of the good ones to ya if you want...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they in .jpg format?

you can change the quality of them, depending on how much you reduce the quality they should still look as good and to the naked eye you could probably tell nothing between them.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they are .JPG files... They are 1240 x 960 but I don't wanna downsize them... They are cool for wallpapers... I spose I could downsize them and save them in a different folder...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea downsize them to about 640x480

good size for the net.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Wed, 23 October 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Report back to us ben when you have the resized total size....

im easy, doesnt bother me....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries... I'll do it soon...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben.. i want the pics bitch!!! Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What, all of them??? I'm resizing them at the moment...
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's mine

http://www.smellytofu.com/motorshow2002

http://www.smellytofu.com/motorshow2002/DSC04923.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 25 October 2002 22:07]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, All the pics have been resized and I'll send 'em to ya tomorrow when I get home from the auction... I'm at Luke's house now so I can't do it...

Smelly Tofu,
Your pics were cool... I saved 'em all...
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Fri, 25 October 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate. However, I am not happy with all the red car photos. Somehow ACDSee doesn't compress them that well.
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Motor Show Sat, 26 October 2002 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to the motor show and i liked it.
I was happy to see my pride and joy broom broom car. Dodge Viper. Was a disappointed wgeb u saw this as being the RT/10, i prefer the GTS much more.
But still a torquey car i love to own.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Sun, 27 October 2002 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smelly Tofu, by the looks of that photo, you got behind the fenced off area of the Ferrari section... How did you do that??? I saw one bloke taking pics and from what I gathered by evesdropping, the bloke and the Ferrari dude were mates... So how did you get the opportunity???
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Mon, 28 October 2002 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy,

I work for the company that imports these things so I can get into the stands. Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Motor Show Tue, 29 October 2002 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey/.. happy ben??
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Motor Show Tue, 29 October 2002 08:03 Go to previous message
Nope... I'm not happy with that at all!!! Is there some way that you can give out passes or get people into the stands??? Cause that would be cool...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Yet ANOTHER rice Joke
Next Topic:ATTN:- Troyboy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:37:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062801837921143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.