Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Toymodders - I want your blood.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon4.gif  Toymodders - I want your blood. Tue, 22 October 2002 13:45 Go to next message
Dear Guys and Girls,

As I am sure most of you are aware the Red Cross is under a great deal of strain and is in urgent need of blood to replenish it's stores. This of course is due to the recent events, namely the Bali Tragedy. Crying or Very Sad

I am trying to organise a group to attend Nepean Hospital at Penrith to donate blood. Smile

I will be speaking to the Local paper about covering this if we get enough people,so that the public can see that Toymods supports the community. Very Happy

If you are interested in helping this very worthwhile cause could you please show your interest here and state the day that would be most suitable to you.

Thanks in advance for your help and I will keep you updated. Cool

Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Wed, 23 October 2002 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there even tho I am sure my blood was replaced with racing fuel Wink Weekends are best for me a Saturday perhaps.
corollaman
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Wed, 23 October 2002 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teenz,
I would be more than happy to donate blood, haven't done it for a while. Any day is fine with me just let us know.

Cheers Simon
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Wed, 23 October 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys when I get some more people I will organise a definate date and time.

Hugs

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2002 05:19]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Wed, 23 October 2002 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cut my finger today when working on the car! Can I put the blood in a bottle and send it down?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Wed, 23 October 2002 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get too carried away yet people!!

red cross wont be needing blood for another 3-5weeks. no point giving blood now as it will just go to waste. just hold back a few weeks then give it a go.

cheers
ed
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

Tina actually spoke to the red Cross yesterday and apparently they are in Deep poo as far as blood supplies go. I'm sure she can let you know more but apparently they need it now.

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teenz.
I can't actually do it myself... But working hard on getting Mark to help out. Smile
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We should make it an Official toymods event????? Make it the Blood Cruise!!! Shocked
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Ed MA61 Thu, 24 October 2002 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

Quote:

dont get too carried away yet people!!

red cross wont be needing blood for another 3-5weeks. no point giving blood now as it will just go to waste. just hold back a few weeks then give it a go.

With reference to the above, I actually spoke to Chris (female) at Nepean Blood Service on 02 47 343124 on Monday and Today. The Red Cross supplies have been depleted enourmously since the Bali Tragedy. They have lots of O type bloods(they are used the most apparently for cross matching) but not specific combinations like AB, B, A etc. O would still be appreciated tho.

Guys,

It is not just for the victims of this tragedy that the supplies are needed for, it is for normal Day to Day occurences in the hospitals and special need patients.

The Red Cross can never have enough blood.....I know first hand what it is like to might need blood during surgery (I have been in hospital quite alot recently)and had the prospect given to me that they might have trouble getting it.

If we are considering doing this it should be so that we are seen to be helping the community and you never know, God forbid, it might help one of our loved ones if the need arises.

The choice is yours it was just a suggestion.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by "full" I think he meant they didn't have enough staff to take the blood, which is what I heard as well, official announcement on the news a little while ago.
but they also said in a week there's be plenty of staff, and by the time we organise this a week will have definitly passed.

PS: I'm definitly in, being type O i figure it's my duty to give, since everyone can take it. they dont like me any more though... I think my blood gets used to keep whales alive, and to give transfusions to orangutangs in the zoo.

and for special effects in movies
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can offer a bit, however being in Adelaide I'll have to put it in a plastic bag and mail it to you Laughing
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was planned to go at the next Saturday opening at Parramatta, I think the first and third Sat of the month.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any day of the week could be a prob for me, so I'll just wait to hear when it's set.
I've tried before, but always been rejected. Maybe my blood is too contaminated with pollutants....... Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rejected?
too many drugs or too much sex? Smile
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll leave it up to your imagination. Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'm going to come under one of those categories this time too Sad
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Thu, 24 October 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure if they will take my blood now. I was in London in 1997 eating Beef.
BoRaZ
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm in, been considering going to do this since the
Bali Bombing, and I live right near Nepean Hospital at Penrith,
also I think I am AB- which i think is a rarer blood type,
so they could probably use it....
plus I wouldnt mind meeting some of you guys,
maybe after we all donate some of the thick red stuff
we could go down to the Red Cow tavern and thin it out a bit
with a few beers???? (RC's is opposite Penrith station, nice pub!)

cheers, Matt.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would not recommend drinking alcohol after you have given blood.

The last time I gave, I had one beer two days after and I felt sick.
BoRaZ
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hehe, never thought of that,
maybe we could just go down there for a nice lunch
and a glass of coke????
(or beer if your up to it) Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
givcing blood at uni was always followed and preceeded by a few beers
but then, so was everything to do with uni Smile
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Thanks heaps............ Very Happy

Your support is greatly appreciated - I will get on to the blood bank and the Local Paper and organise this ASAP.

Boraz,

Quote:

I think I am AB- which i think is a rarer blood type,
so they could probably use it....

Mine is the same - you are right it is a rare blood type....I might have to keep you in mind for future donations to myself....hahaha.

Again guys - Thanks

Kisses
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh pfftt!
AB can accept blood from anybody, but can only give to other AB people, so no need to feel special Smile

it's the O's who should get in there, as anybody can receive a transfusion of type o (resists the urge to add "negative")
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Fri, 25 October 2002 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have much so I'm sorry, so you can't have any of mine...
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sat, 26 October 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
I would like to do this. Donate blood.
My parents had been back from Bali for 1week when this trajedy happened.
Considering i wanted a holiday to Bali next year, my parents been to Bali 8 times in 12yrs. Hurt me alot.
I would drive from the Central Coast (Gosford) and get a group of mates to come down too.
I am on holidays for a week, if you plan it for early November, count me in.

Cheers.

My warmest feelings go out to the family and friends who have suffered. Crying or Very Sad
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sat, 26 October 2002 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will definetely be in for this.... haven't donated for a couple of years and have been feeling a little guilty.

Considering I have a blood type that less that only .5% of the population have it is probably quite vital (AB+)

Count me in and let me know the date asap.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sat, 26 October 2002 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey HyEnA^,

Might be easier to visit a local donation centre

http://www.giveblood.redcross.org.au/DisplayDonati onState.asp?StateID=1
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sat, 26 October 2002 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work in a high school and the list of donators has trippled over the past weeks for donators .we all lined up for a jab ,my first time
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sun, 27 October 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm another one ruled out due to the fact i lived in London thru during the mad cow disease period.

I must strongly disagree though with one point raised here;

The Red Cow pub in Penrith is an absolute dump!!! The fact that they have a lingere waitress there proves that.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sun, 27 October 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, for a d&d guy like me, a lingerie waitress would be quite nice, assuming she was sexy
Rala
Regular

October 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sun, 27 October 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey I'd be happy to help out.. what's the deal with restrictions though? is it things like drugs/glandular fever/low red cell count or what?

Just wondering! Haven't donated before, and know they ask a bunch of Q's..

ta Cool
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sun, 27 October 2002 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe @ 'blood cruise'

sounds cool

Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Sun, 27 October 2002 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drugs, diseases, and sex

main things that will stop you from donating
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Mon, 28 October 2002 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 27 October 2002 22:29

drugs, diseases, and sex

main things that will stop you from donating

Seriously? Obviously I can understand the drugs and diseases part, but why would too much sex stop you from donating blood? Does it reduce your blood cell count or something?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Mon, 28 October 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not too much of any of the 3
just the wrong kinda of any of the 3.

they dont like you if you've had unprotected sex in the last (18 months??) or there abouts. so I know I'm out... I'm not even sure if they'll use your blood for blood products.

Maybe if I went to a GP and got an STD test done, and showed them I'm clean .... then again, maybe not
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Mon, 28 October 2002 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, thanks for the info dude.

Guess I won't be donating either in that case. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymodders - I want your blood. Mon, 28 October 2002 07:56 Go to previous message
tsk tsk tsk
didn't you pay attention in PD/health classes at high school?

wear a condom! Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Last Nights Meeting.
Next Topic:Advice on what i should do here.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:33:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063929557800293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.