Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 78 cressida ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
teckno_junky
Newcomer

November 2004
78 cressida ? Sat, 20 November 2004 11:10 Go to next message
hey ive got a 78 cressida.
i love the look of car but is just 2 slow!!!
any suggestions 2 get more power would be appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 78 cressida ? Sat, 20 November 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of budget have you got? The most obvious option would be an engine swap, 7M-GE or GTE, 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GE or GTE, 1G-GE GTE or GZE would probably fit (not being an expert on 78 Cressidas i'm not entirely sure)

Failing that, you could do some mods to your current engine, but I doubt it'd be worth it in the long run.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 78 cressida ? Sat, 20 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, Because of the fact you have a steering box, the 1jzgte/2jzgte/1uzfe aren't going to fit easily (or with a rack and pinion, or single turbo upgrade for the turbo engines), as I'm lead to believe that they will hit the steering box. Another thing to bear in mind is that I think that you have a 4m with carby? you will also have to do an EFI conversion to go with your upgraded engine in most cases!

Some options are 5mge, 6mge, 7mge, 7mgte, 1ggze, 1ggte, 2jzge etc etc. 5/6mges are quite old now, and you would prbly be hard pressed to find a good specimen. 7mge's are BHG worries, but if you are keen on fixing the HG once, you should have a good trouble free engine (they are quite cheap to pick up with BHG's as well if your lucky Very Happy). 7mgte is great bang for buck Smile

I'm not really keen of the idea of a 2l 6 (1ggte/1ggze) when the other engines bolt in easier, and generally have better potential IMHO....

If you have the money, I'd be keen to give the 2jzge a shot (tho there is the cost of making it manual if you got that route) Wink

Cheers
Wilbo
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 78 cressida ? Sat, 20 November 2004 23:20 Go to previous message
Oh and the fact that no one is suggesting doing any work to the existing engine is, frankly because it is not worth it! Besides inlet/exhaust mods, the gains are few and fa between really (esp $$$ wise), money would be much better spent on an engine conversion Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T50 Spline issues
Next Topic:Why do people get roll cages?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 23:09:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0032920837402344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.