Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
icon4.gif  Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Thu, 09 September 2004 08:34 Go to next message
happend about 8 months ago and i never got round to showing the pictures by the way i was travlling back up to townsville and we were about 50km from anything you would call civilsation took bout 4 1/2 hours @ 15-20 kph to get to the next servo the entire cooling system for the car was destroyed

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2004 01:27]

Send a private message to this user    
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Thu, 09 September 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't seem to post the picture? email if ya want them Confused
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Thu, 09 September 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh man thats hard!

did u have a roo bar on the sportage? im guessing not..

edit: did the roo live?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 13:39]

The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Fri, 10 September 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was ment to have one on but we put it off till we got to melbourne and then decided to put it off again with predictble results ended up getting a new engine it had damaged the car so bad ended up cracking the manifold and head gasket coz the was no cooling system ARRRRRRGHHHHHhhh

and the kangaroo was still alive but i put it out of its misery it was pretty hurt sorry if it sounds a little brutal but i could'nt let it die slowly
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Fri, 10 September 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude use http://www.imageshack.us and host 'em Smile
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Fri, 10 September 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keeps comming up with an error everytime i try to load em (stupid 56k)ill have a go at my mates house
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Fri, 10 September 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they gotta be under 1mb or something too dude
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sat, 11 September 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OWNED!!! Razz

Ouch dude that must have hurt....
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sat, 11 September 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurry with the pics
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sat, 11 September 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes yes, we want piks!

we want to see CARNAGE!
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sat, 11 September 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look im trying too the stupid thing won't do it there only 400k each its driving me nuts should be up sunday morn/arvo
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sun, 12 September 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH!!!!

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/7989/kanga3.jpg[/IMG]

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2004 01:25]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph Sun, 12 September 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that sucks, bad luck there mate. bloody skippys Mad they scare the hell out of me when I drive any where (even the smaller ones)
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sun, 12 September 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was skippy ok or did you eat that suckah for dinner?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sun, 12 September 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked that was a oretty big hit...did you throw him on the BBQ? Razz
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sun, 12 September 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch! Sorry about your car buddy!
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Mon, 13 September 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skippy Steak is nice Surprised but i would'nt want to have eaten one with bits of BRG painted bumper,grill and other assorted crash goodness emmbeded into him Confused + the BBQ was at the bottom of the gear and the back Laughing
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 14 September 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Splat.

Good thing you did put it out of it's slow death... thats far nicer than letting the stupid animal die slowly.

Bloody roo's always jump in front of cars!
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 14 September 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know as much as i hate the bastards when they do that even know its cost 3 headgaskets, 2 ecus, major panel work and a new engine eventually (hit the car so hard it fucked the ecu so the car was not pumping any coolant and hence the head gaskets but they eventually replaced the motor) i could'nt let it die slowly out in the middle of knowhere in the full sun so (BANG .303 medication) and its over quickly

*again apologise if it sound a bit brutal and savage
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 14 September 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's what you have to do... Sad
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 14 September 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must admit i felt guilty but that changend when i relised how much danger i was in
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Wed, 15 September 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roos can sure do some serious damage to cars ( especially the big ass bucks ), but a few years back, there was a stallion that got hit by a family wagon on a fairly major road, bout 2 k's outa town.
car was fubar'd, and some of the occupants were less than healthy ( bags on side of road ).
the horse had its arse facing the car, and it was jet black, and it was a foggy night, so they didnt see it. because of the height of it, its legs were taken out from under it, and its arse was put to the bonnet. because of the speed, it went through the windscreen and took the roof off the car.
800 odd kilo horse killed 2 out of the 4 people in the car if i remember right.
what else can be said cept poor bastards..... Sad
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Thu, 30 September 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember seeing a Magna in Moree while I was working there.

Brand new Hertz rental. 2000km on the odometer.
Hit a roo just after it had jumped. Front edge of the bonnet caught the legs half way down, filled the roo onto its side. It then smashed through the windscreen & ended up in the car. Shocked
Because it was trapped, it started to thrash around.
Occupants of the car bailed real quick.

There was stuff all external damage (smashed windscreen & a small dent in the front of the bonnet, but the interior was totalled.

Instant writeoff.

And don't worry about putting it down. It was the humane thing to do.
I tried to reverse over a mortally wounded roo after I hit with a mate's Colt. Because the car was so light, it took 5 goes before it finally died. Shocked
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Thu, 30 September 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i heard about that one Shocked
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Thu, 30 September 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooohhh thats fair damn nasty hey. Shocked

One of my mates hit a kangaroo in his brand new CooperS... he had 2500km on the clock. The car was then off the road for 7 weeks because they had to order a new wiring harness thing from BMW in germany >_<
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Mon, 04 October 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't understand how people can scream and call me cruel for hitting something on the head after i've fataly wounded it .
I've made the mistake of dodging wildlife before .
I'm in my datsun 120y a while flying down the hill i lived up.
then i see this kangaroo/wallaby jump infront of me so i thought "shit try and miss it that will fair fuck up your car".
I didn't think that there was a dirty great big drop off full of trees on 1 side and a bank on the other.
I ended loosing it hiting the bank and parking my car down the drop off in a tree.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Mon, 04 October 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

tried to reverse over a mortally wounded roo after I hit with a mate's Colt. Because the car was so light, it took 5 goes before it finally died.

*shudder*

poor roo
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Mon, 04 October 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate and me where very lucky, driving down a road that was fenced on both sides at about 140kmh in his uninsured TT soarer, slowed down to bout 110kmh then the roo poped out of nowhere, it froze in the lights we couldent swerve, he slammed on the brakes, we pulled up about a foot away from it.

It was a massive red roo, scared the fuck out of me and i wasent evan driving. We couldent pass it as it wouldent move and the road was enclosed by fences so he tapped the roo, it began to run, but kept running on the road, followed it at 30kmh, till it jumped the fence.

Damn fucking scary
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 05 October 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i was thinkin of doin a roadtrip frm melb. to sydney but after hearing all this stories, really gets me thinkin.

Does third party insurance cover kangaroo accidents??
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sat, 23 October 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 00:23

man i was thinkin of doin a roadtrip frm melb. to sydney but after hearing all this stories, really gets me thinkin.

Does third party insurance cover kangaroo accidents??

Not unless your insurance company is going to sue skippy for damages.
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sat, 23 October 2004 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. good call

but, sorry to hear bout this m8, aslong as no one was hurt aye
SYC02C
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Mon, 01 November 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a good roo story, prob one of the most shockin ones... one day in perth on a holiday a few years back i remember seeing a king red roo get belted off the front right of a road train, those massive semis, onto an oncoming semi which completely mauled it. I couldnt belive my eyes esp at the age of 16 where i watch this kangaroo bouncing along the desert onto the road behind us only to be tossed between 2 oncomming semis and turned into something from "rotten.com"... i think the roo gave up. nice morning present

and as for the humanity of putting it out of its misery... i doubt the bastard even felt it. let alone beccoming minced roo chops when the truckies got home. oh well thats wat happens wen u play chiken with a roo and 2 road trains.
Toyota Nut
Regular

December 2003
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Tue, 02 November 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shudder when i read this, especially since i just took delivery of a '74' Celica from Adelaide (was on ebay). I drove it back by myself, took 24 hours. I only saw 3 kangaroos the whole time but sure was looking out for them. I knew that what i was doing was completely insane and will probably be burned big time now for saying so. Rabbits can be just as bad. I saw one chase me, my car is lowered and no bull this rabbit was the size of wombat and moved like a greyhound. Forget any image of a cute little thing with a white furry arse. This thing was huge by comparrison.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 10:32]

phaser
Regular

November 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sat, 20 November 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a storey, hit two kangaroos less then 20 minutes, or should i say 2 kangaroos hit us in less than 20 minutes.

Anyway, we've got a country house up in Murchison, Victoria. At 6:00 in the morning, we have 2 Toyota Hiace vans full off peope taken to work. Drove out of the drive way, 5 minutes down the road *BANG* one decent size kangaroo comes outta no where and jumps into the right hand side of the van. ahaha, felt sorry for the poor worker who was sitting right next to that window.

anyway, we got out, saw that it wasnt that much of damage and deceided to still go to work. Later on, after about, 10 minutes driving, we hit this real rough road, just about as we were trying to slow down, we see this huge ass bloody mofo GOD DAMN- king kong sized kangaroo just jump right in front of the car. *BANg* again, this time the LHS was caved in. Even though we had a bullbar, its still manage to bend it. the kangaroo and went under the front tyre and was probably dead by now. BUT, it wasnt Shocked . poor kangaroo 'boing'd 'boing'd 'boing'd for a couple of steps until it droped dead in the middle of the road. i was sitting in the middle seat at the front and i ABOSULETY SHAT myself! being also cold in the morning, yhu can not stop shivering and yhur also been freightend the shit outta yha.

i felt really sorry for poor dad, if i had a camerea that day and had taken his picture, boy, would he of looked like he had been possessed by a ghost or sutmhun Shocked ...

.... SORRY! bout the long story everyone ....
phaser
Regular

November 2004
Re: Kia Sportage VS 7ft tall red kangaroo at 120kph (pics now up carnage for all) Sat, 20 November 2004 15:26 Go to previous message
ddidnt bother repairing the van. one of the workers borrowed it and was piss drunk. driving while your drunk + drivin on a rough road with loose rocks + lots of trees on both side + huge steep hill = BAD OUTCOME... ..the car had a write-off and the poor guy spent 2 weeks in hospital.

because it was late at night, and our neighbours knew it was one of our cars. we had this helicopter above our house with the big beam light on. that bloody woke me up! i thought it was a drug bust or sutmhun to be honest.

also, stupid thing was, it happened RIGHT in front of the house. Well around the corner of the house which was about 1 minute away.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:R34 GTR. VSPEC 2 VS AE82 TWINKY! ( AW11 ENGINE SWAP INTO ROLLA)
Next Topic:AE82 TWINCAM AGINST A ST162 CELICA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:10:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081429481506348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.