Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nube
Newcomer

November 2004
icon9.gif  Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Sun, 21 November 2004 03:56 Go to next message
I have this recurring problem in my 84 corolla, where it occasionally just cuts out while idling. Both the electrician and mechanic have looked at it but could find nothing. The carbis been re done, and a ignition bypass switch has been installed, but this did nothing so i don't use it. What can I do?
  Send a private message to this user    
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Sun, 21 November 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come and get 1 of my free 4ac engines
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Sun, 21 November 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the aircon on? I had this problem when the aircon was on and just adjusted the rev cutoff point for the aircon system.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Sun, 21 November 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine does it and it doesn't have a/c.
My car usually revs up a little before she coughs so i listen for that when i am sitting at the lights. I always thought it was a carbie problem. Some one said to me that it was the "02" valve lifting or something...
just tap the accelerator when it is about to die and it should come back to idle

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2004 08:55]

Nube
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Mon, 22 November 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where from, junkie?
Nube
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Mon, 22 November 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dun have aircon
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Mon, 22 November 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nube wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 17:13

where from, junkie?

lol @ junkie Laughing

Every person who has replied is a 'junkie'. Who are you referring to?

I'd take up the offer by SEXY 16. Any issues with a 4a-c...find one of the masses who want to throw one out, and replace yours Razz
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Recurring Engine Failure in 84 Corolla 4A-c Tue, 23 November 2004 01:36 Go to previous message
this is a very common 4Ac problem, I had it before I swapped to a gas research carby (dont ask!). I was told the problem was due to the idler jets clogging up or something like that, he also said that he had someone have the carby recoed and it still did it, it was about 5 years ago when the guy was explaining this to me so forgive me for being so vauge. You could try changing your carby if anything.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fitting turbo to a diesle..what is needed?
Next Topic:Alternator wiring info reqd please.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:29:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056509971618652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.