Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
7M vs 5M intake manifold Sat, 26 October 2002 08:51 Go to next message
Does the 7M intake manifold flow better than the 5M and 5MGE intake manifolds?

Is it a simple matter of bolting it straight onto a 5MGE(everything line up)?

Do u have to swap the throttle body? and is the 7M throttle body larger?

thanx guys!
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Sat, 26 October 2002 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I highly doubt it would fit a 5ME at all. It should fit a 5MGE, although I can't see it flowing THAT much better to make it worthwhile.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Sun, 27 October 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont even think that the 7m mani will go on a 5mge. 5mge has its dizzy still sticking up on the intake side whilst the 7m has it on the ex side making more room on the intake for the manifold. 7mge manifold would be a HUGE diff over a 5me, maybe not so much over a 5mge or 6mge. runners may be a bit straighter.

also, just thinking, the 5mge being only 2v per cyl, does it have ovalised intake ports? 7mge does, so may not fit based on that alone.

cheers
ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Sun, 27 October 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the 5MGTE manifold goes on a 5MGE so I figures it'd be the same for the NA version.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Sun, 27 October 2002 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is true for the exhaust manifold (I assume you mean the 7M-GTE), but the inlet side is a different story. I seem to remember my 7M-GTE head having very different inlet ports to my 6M-GE, but I no longer have them to compare.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Sun, 27 October 2002 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops, sorry mind elsewhere and didn't read Sad
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Mon, 28 October 2002 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just something to note before you go changing manifolds around, I spoke to a guy who does all the flow testing at Unifilter the other day (also the owner) he was telling me that the biggest problem with the stock m series engines is the intake flow rate, which is basically caused by the fact that toyota decided to run an air filter that is no bigger than a standard two litre engines one!, in fact the MX83 panel fiter is exactly the same size as a holden barina/suzuki swift!!! I know that this is correct because my wife used to have a barina and its the same as what i used to replace hers with. the problem with changing to a bigger filter, particulalry in the case of the MX83 is that you need to make up a custom mounted bracket to bolt to the afm with a pipe to mount the filter on to. But the advantage is huge as with the right filter you can flow almost double the amount of air very easily...which as we all know = more power Smile

just something to consider before making major changes Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Mon, 28 October 2002 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may be true for Cressidas, but Mk2 Supras have a fairly large cylindrical filter which has plenty of surface area. I'd be surprised if there were any significant gains to be found upgrading the air filter.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7M vs 5M intake manifold Mon, 28 October 2002 07:15 Go to previous message
K&N filter installed, but is airbox replacment type, not pod

still, its surface area is larger than the pod and it is larger than the stock filter as well
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fly-cuts :: how deep to dig ??
Next Topic:Linx EMX ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:17:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050899982452393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.