Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
4agze rwd headers Sun, 21 November 2004 09:42 Go to next message
Any one used the Stuart Wilkins Motorsports headers on a 4gze?
Are they a good thing? Also, anyone know how to quieten a gze without robbing any power.Does the extra grunt of a nevo pulley come in higher in the revs at the expence of low end torqe.
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4agze rwd headers Sun, 21 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you cant quieten an exhaust without losing a small amount of power. usually not a noticable amount tho so its worth it imo.

i think youll find with a pulley kit you will lose top end with better bottom and mid range, as the s/c will become a restriction to flow at higher rpm. this is what i found anyway. i dont know it was a restriction as i theorised, but it defiantely lacked power in the top end but was still worth it for the extra power lower down.
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4agze rwd headers Tue, 23 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for that dood. Any opinions on the headers anyone???
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4agze rwd headers Tue, 23 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Havnt tried the stuart wilkins. The Anthony Kellam 4-1s are good though.
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4agze rwd headers Wed, 24 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx bud..Any idia where to purchase and price?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4agze rwd headers Wed, 24 November 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He is in Brisbane. Will post to you. $270. His email is: Email akellam@optusnet.com.au

Is this a commercial post? Laughing
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4agze rwd headers Thu, 25 November 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to put my stew 421's on my gze when i swapped over, no go because the alternator hits pipe 1. Seems as if the no.1 pipe has been welded at the wrong angle, although all the stew ones i've seen are built the same way.

I got the ant 4-1's and it goes good. I'm sure you can get it quieter, just means you have to carry more weight in real mufflers.
Still won't stop it sounding like a izuzu diesel tho.

dodgydan
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4agze rwd headers Thu, 25 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I have Anthony K's headers on my GZE and they work really well. Making some good power without any restriction.
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4agze rwd headers Thu, 25 November 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx boys,apreciate the info.I do have access to an original rwd manifold @ $200 .Not sure wich way to go .
Are these things realy fucken loud or just a bit noisy.
By the way, any one out there using a blower disable switch,whats a gze like ernatrual? Economy wise and driability.
thanx in advance
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agze rwd headers Thu, 25 November 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to come listen to a GZE, I've got one for the week Very Happy
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4agze rwd headers Thu, 25 November 2004 23:40 Go to previous message
I usually get 400+ out of a tank in the sprint, although i tend not to boost as much as i would like to. Stupid 20 year old t50s don't like that sort of punishment. Last time i worked out my kilometre-age i got 7.7l to 100kms, which is pretty damn good.
And i still don't have a o2 sensor or a intercooler. Heat soak sucks bad in traffic, but it doesn't suck nearly as much as no aircon Sad

dodgydan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Clutch costs + other
Next Topic:Power steering in T18
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 18:41:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047791004180908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.