Toymods » The Outhouse » Need for Speed Underground 2

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 20 November 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe,

I just saw the TV commercial of NFSU2, it had a blue trueno jumping around with hydraulics. Gave me a good larf ^_^

Played the game for like 30min, got bored. I found it pretty much like the first, but with more cars and customisable bits.

Were there are some interesting concepts in the game (ie. the dyno), i just couldnt take the game seriouly enuf to spend time playing it form start to finish. Probably best for random time wasting and drunken racing with friend with "tricked out" cars O_o

The only thing i found fun was the ricing up of the trueno, and the free roaming city drive, that's about it.

My 2c.

PS, I hate the soundtrack of the game more than the first one!
  Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't played it for long, but every other car i race against is an ae86.

someone tell me this varies a bit- i hated in midnight club 2 how all you raced were 5 of the same car- no variation. am i bound to racing 3 of the same car as i drive for ever, or will it get mixed up a bit?!

other than that, its fun Very Happy

and where can i get a respray? i hate the maroon
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to a place with a big bright red streaming light dude
they do sprays there

im still running my trueno, ive got 4 sections unlocked and have 6.4 stars car

uniques - engine, turbo, cf wing, cf bonnet, cf roof scoop, full body decals, sponsor decal (bride)

stage 3 everything except turbo brakes and tyres

ill post a pic of my rice rocket tonight Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bought it this arvo for my xbox, pretty cool got the sprinter. Only thing I don't like at the moment is how sensitive the steering is in drag races.
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only thing i dont like about the game is the soundtrack Confused , it needs to have more hip hop sort of stuff
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wonder if i can run a 20 second 1/4 in the second one aswell Very Happy
spose i gotta get the game first
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way y spend your hard well earnt cash on this cheap arse game when u could wait for the mother of all car racing games... GT4, San Andreas is more fun!
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..or forza motorsport if youve got an xbox
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 23:44

whens forza coming out?
ive been waiting for it
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look u don't even need to bother playing a demo or playing GT4 on yer mates PS2.... it is obvious it will be good, i mean it has an MA61 Supra GT2800 in it... so it has to be good, just like GT2
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 23:23

pjaw11sc wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 23:44

whens forza coming out?
ive been waiting for it

january i think, google for it
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well GT4 has been knocked back to Feburary, just cause it's so good
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't even own a PS2 and i know when GT4 is coming out... i think i will have to get one within the month and San Andreas. can't wait to do up that MA61
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant wait for forza
and ill be buying ps2 for gt4
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 00:16

and ill be buying ps2 for gt4

good at least i am not the only desperate one
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 18:25

go to a place with a big bright red streaming light dude
they do sprays there

im still running my trueno, ive got 4 sections unlocked and have 6.4 stars car

uniques - engine, turbo, cf wing, cf bonnet, cf roof scoop, full body decals, sponsor decal (bride)

stage 3 everything except turbo brakes and tyres

ill post a pic of my rice rocket tonight Wink

lol, i found it thanks matey

im trying to keep my 86 rice free, its white with a few silver 80s inspired decals- it looks alright. my other car (180sx) is cool, but i think ill have to have a rice car to get into some bullshit events

at this stage tho, the 86 is the covergirl Laughing Laughing
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 21 November 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right thats it, i'm gonna go buy NFSU2 right now. The shops will be open by now.
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 22 November 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone past it yet, bloody big game! Very Happy
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 22 November 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they had an MA61 in it i would buy it, that is why i am gunna buy GT4
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 22 November 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So far I've had it for a day and a couple of hours and have completed around a quarter of the game, played quite a bit although only a little today, man the 4wds suck, got a escalade celica and sprinter, Escalade has around 290kw, sprinter 140kw and celica has 200kw. Sprinetr is the most fun to drive cos the celica understeers way to much on the hairpins. The celica is my drift machine racks up heaps of points. I found the game pretty esay except for the drags cos the steerign becomes over sensitive for some reason, they should keep the same handling attributes throughout the game, only thing that shits me is the necessity to add rice to cars to get money, as for the music i'm glad there isn't too much hip hop and in true xbox fashion i can set up my custom soundtracks anyway go the hardrive.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 22 November 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tossed thr escalade and now have an all toyota garage sprinter 190.8kw, Celioa 223.8kw and supra not sure haven't dynoed after my mods.
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 23 November 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just unlocked stage 2 ECU last night and squeezed 193.1kw out of the sprinter on dyno last night i kept fiddling with the turbo tuning graph for about ten mins just waiting to unlock stage 2 turbo Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Wed, 24 November 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tossed the supra was slow piece of shit anyway now have new drifto car = audi a3 actually an s3, producing 270kw, still have trusty sprinter which is my track cra and the celica has been stripped to trade in on another car
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 26 November 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have unlocked all performance parts, and scissor doors, and all neons. Sprinter looks cool all riced up!! Laughing
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 26 November 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86_boy wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 11:48

i have unlocked all performance parts, and scissor doors, and all neons. Sprinter looks cool all riced up!! Laughing

Heh, speaking of riced up, I have a 10 star EVO and a 10 star WRX and didn't even change the paint, never added vinyl, never added decals, never changed the front/rear bar, side skirts, or spoiler. Just left the body at stock.

The trick is all in carbon fibre and all the other crap you don't see, (trunk, hydro's, sissor doors, etc). Smile

Level 3 hydro's is real bounce. I saw that AD on the TV, and it looks like that rolla had level3's.

For the drag races that was mentioned before, I found that handling plays a part. I've noticed that some cars fish tail like crazy while others will change lanes real smooth.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 26 November 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Where are the picy's of the 8-6's?? Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 26 November 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86_boy wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 11:40

anyone past it yet, bloody big game! Very Happy

Yea, just done it in a gayline. The end was crap.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 26 November 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far I am around half way through. My sprinter now has 298kw 360nm of torque with a little rice has visual rating of 3.13. My fully riced up car is my Audi S3 although it don't look to bad cos i have tried to get the best of the rice mods, has balck painted rims and well over 300kw visual rating is 6.02, just got a skyline which is stock and also have a rx7 which is sitting dormant after spending lots of dough on it only to have it way slower than the sprinter.
Have unlocked most level 3 mods but as yet have not installed all of them because of the cost ie 7000 for ecu.
Game is pretty cool but gets a little repetitive ie the url races are pretty much the same except reversed etc
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 28 November 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had it a week now and still under half way (have been busy with other things) But have a 'full sik' IS300 and Mighty MX5. Still to unlock the last Stage2 Turbo upgrade and still a wee way off ompleting the 4th sponsor

My problem is I can only find 4/5 shops in the City, I have the rest but one! Any hints
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 28 November 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are there are three levels of turbo and for a matter of fact every mod as far as i know. Thats as far as i have gotten. You cannot however get the level three mods at the original stores you have to either go to the bayview or the shop in coal harbour. they have level three mods once they are unlocked. I am only about half way through and my sprintere now has 330kw with some more level three mods to go for a bit more power weight reduction and brakes.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 29 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is gay, there is no races left, i've done everything- im nearly finished the second sponser, but i don't think my car is ricey enough... it was like .64 or something, so i got it up to 2.05 stars, got a DVD cover... but theres still nothing to do but outrun wanks and win shit rims.... any help? Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude I am on like my fifth sponsor you need to do the url races help you progress through the game thewy are worth lots of money and are part of the obligation to the sponsor. You will also need to do all the other races to unlock the url. I don't understand how you say youve done them and nothing has happened.
My sprinter is now a 10 visual rating yay, the front bumper is pretty gay though, has 338kw and 400nm of torque. 0-100 2.63 secs
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found the game to be a bit crappy. Thanks to EB and there 7 day thing, i took the game back and bought MOS chillout sessions 4 and worms world party.

Damn Worms is fun!
DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna see more ricey screen shots, has anyone made the trueno look half decent.

got rice bitch
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just finished the game
got a bit repetive though
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 23:37

wonder if i can run a 20 second 1/4 in the second one aswell Very Happy
spose i gotta get the game first

Dude.. you run a complete mile not 1/4 in the first one Razz
I thought it was a 1/4 too but in one of the races Samantha says something about you needing to win this midnight 'mile'.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Tue, 30 November 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone hook me up with a torrent that's still alive plz!!!
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Thu, 02 December 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got the sprinter dyno figures 316kw Very Happy just did a ls300 up goes better than the supra.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Thu, 02 December 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finished last night, all I gotta do now is find the last of the hidden shops in explore mode and its all done. Have completed every single race through going through the world map, and its says ther game is only 97% finished what the. There is only two shops left to find so I don't think that means it will be the next 3%, my sprinter now has scissor doors carbon fibre wide bosy kit only bit not carbon is the roof, cos the bonnet is a special prize which was a painted carbon fibre split bonnet.
GTI16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 03 December 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The street racing is cool but i hate it when the bastards do a u-turn on you.Am only 46% through though.A mate of mine just finished it and he said the ending sucked.By the way i have an AE86 for racing and a GTo for drag racing.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 03 December 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter owns all in the game even though its handling rating maybe not as high as some othe cars ie my celica at one stage because it is rear wheel drive it is very neutral to drive and can be good to hold controlled slides to build up nos. Soon you will learn my friend that it is the only car you need in the game. In the latter stages it is also the best car for drag racing cos it is so much quicker off the line. 0-100 2.6 once ahead you will either power away like me and probably blow the engine just before the line at 330km/ph or just ease off and hold them at bay.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 03 December 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya gotta finish with style Smile
Blow that engine baby!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 03 December 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah kinda sucks when your kicking arse prob 3 secs in front then bang 1m before line engine blows you carry over line but cos your engine blew you don't get the win. Sucks especially considering the top speed off the car is higher but cos you were in the redline to long bang yet it is only incorpararted into drag not other races. I had the sprinter much faster in other races after waiting for the car to get up to say 300 on the freeway then using a full tank of nos and seeing how fast it can go around 350km/ph. What sucks ballls though is the engine blows at say nine K after sitting there for a while redline 8.5k at the end yet at one stage after some dodgy tuning peak power was 9.45K yeah baby. Gotta admit the sound is pretty cool in the game especially when the note changes as you mod up the car, gotta love the raspiy 4age once you get the performance exhaust on the with each extra stage of turbo.
Gear changes are also pretty with the mechanical clunk clunk sound.
Will find the rest of the shops tonight and prob mod up some more cars the sprinter is maxed out, what I think is gay though is that the fwd and awds are thew best drifters this is the only event I don't use the sprinter for. The a3 is my drift car nice short wheelbase only performance tyres and 350kw of fun
That reminsd me Im gonna remove all the rice off the sprinter return it to stock even stock rims then outrun race it for fun, gotta love there bitchy insult followed "damn man you made me eat my words" about 10 secs later as you rip them my fastest outrun so far was about 8.6 secs or so

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 09:56]

WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 04 December 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I FAILED SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THIS DAMN GAME.... Laughing
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 04 December 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i finished the game afew days ago
the corolla is the best all round car by far, the least powerful but so much better to drive, zero understeer Smile

332kw it makes
the most powerful is the hummer or the gto making 405ish kw
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 04 December 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually a lot of the cars produce 410 or 411kw, My sprinter has 338Kw after some minor tuning and in testing did 0-100 in 1.64 secs and cut the quarter in about the low eights,The only thing the hummer wins is torque 720nm of it. The g35, skyline and lincoln can all produce 410kw
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and how did you do?
ive tried every car with everything up to stage 3
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tune settings. I have customize lots of cars and will check outputs tongiht then post tomorrow but pretty sure theres a few over 400kw. Remember the hummer on revs to 7K the others got to 9.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know
ive done evry car in the game to stage 3 not many make over 400
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres my list
Pontiac GTO aka Monaro = 408.5kw
Ford Mustang = 413.7kw
Lincoln Navigator = 399.9kw lol
Hummer = 411kw
350z = 401kw
Cadillac Escalade = 416.8kw power king
Audi tt = 391.2kw
Hyundai Tiburon = 383.4kw omg
G35 = 393.7kw
Supra = 392.8kw.
PLus you have to take into account that nos is not used on the dyno thus these power figures will beincreased when nos is used. In dynoi 0-100 figures are like 2.6 for the sprinter. Actually test drag it with good launch and nos and it will be 1.64secs. You can tell nos isn't used on dyno cos when you play with the nos setting it has fuck all affect on the curve, imagine nos with say set a 1 sec duration ie 100nm hit at peak power thats like another 50kw for most of the cars if not more.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok your tuning for peak power Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep always fun stuff driuveability, the accleration really menas shit anyway, look in the race and aparts from off the line the car barely drops below 5krpm and if it does hello nos thats what its there for. NOthing beats the peak for my skyline 9.75krpm. Or the rotaryies which are 9.95krpm. These are just my customised cars and generally do retune to lower output for racing. Just shorten the diff ratios though and your still faster then stock tuning and even without it some cars with higher peak aka my sprinter are actually faster than smooth curve.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at cars like the 300gt its stock peak torque is 2750rpm pointless when racing, has heaps of boost and ecu gain at 0-2000rom, reduce to zero at those points as you never use the engine that low and watch the power shift up further
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 05 December 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my torque level is also way higher than stock, some cars howeevr are not as responsive to tuning the celica is one of those only a few kw to be gained whereas something like a escalade of 350z gains like 40nm ot torque and 20+kw
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Mon, 06 December 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the audi tt has just joined the 400kw club now making 412kw thats pretty cool for a 1.8 turbo and seems a bit weird considering thats higher than the skyline even though that is a far more tuned engine and is a 2.6 turbo six
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 11 December 2004 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona, sounds like you havent seen the sun for weeks.. Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sat, 11 December 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually seen plenty of sun, more likely than not though the reason why I haven't is work, this week 8 days straight. I finished the hsc on 28th of October so have had plenty of time to do whatever. Most of my need for speed playing was at night, when I actually had spare time, and my room was cool enough to play curses the heat, all good now though with aircon
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Sun, 12 December 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Game is decent, fun, arcadey, got it on xbox, xbox live is DEAD

recommend for ricer arcader types, good fun

gets harder/hardest/impossible as you go on :/

Eldar.O.

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 17 December 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wanted to know how to control and/or use stuff like the sound system and hydraulics when in quick race/free run mode. I can't seem to be able to control it or anything...so theres not much point to put it in!

I have it on Xbox.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 Fri, 17 December 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
on xbox can't do anything with the sound system just good for visual rating so get more dough on special events. Hydraulics you have to be under 30mph stop hold handbrake and then you the steering controls to lift and drop each corner of the car, with level thre hydraulics you can make the car bounce.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How can i shrink a picture ?
Next Topic:The Grudge
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:32:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010015964508057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.