Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » penalty without catalyst convertor?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sqmax
Newcomer

June 2002
penalty without catalyst convertor? Sat, 26 October 2002 23:31 Go to next message
what are the penalty if caught without a catalyst convertor?

if possible direct me to the relevent dept or legislation
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The penalty far outweighs any gain you'd have from not having one. Speak to the EPA about it.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, since it affects the environment so much, this brings on a much heavier fine than normal defects. It's just not worth it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to mention you are dumping a heap of carcinogens for people around you to breathe.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok now heres a dilemma. My car is 1985, and so therefore is regulated to run on Leaded petrol. But i now run Premium Unleaded, and the old owner didnt put in a cat when he did the exhaust... is this defectable?

cheers
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring up vic roads Hoon. Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check with Vic Roads, I'd be inclined to say legally, no. Technically it'd be better to.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hoon,

Not to sure on the situation in Vic but in NSW the exhaust (as well as some other things) has to be current with the ADRs that were in force in the year that the engine was made. For example a 1971 TA22 with a 1989 4AGE in it would have to run all the regs for 1989, exhaust, fuel system etc right down to the unleaded fuel filler. This is of course not done by everyone, but you get that.
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: penalty without catalyst convertor? Sun, 27 October 2002 11:16 Go to previous message
Hoon, if you work it out, please let us know, because it could effect me as well
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGTE in new Zoom
Next Topic:Coastie advice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 03:29:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047140121459961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.