Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Body and Interior » FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
opiate
Regular

June 2003
FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Fri, 19 November 2004 07:52 Go to next message
I was giving thought to buying an AW11SC or an SW20 turbo, but looks as though I'm heading for an MX-5 instead. I won the gearknob in a raffle, and since I'm pretty much about to put money down on an MX, I figure I may as well flog it off.

It features an engraved silver TOM'S logo across the top, and comes in it's original Japanese box complete with shift gate stickers. I believe it is made of an extremely hard, dense plastic, possibly even a resin. It has a matte black finish and is even toned throughout. Upon inspection is it clearly evident to be a very high quality product, absolutely nothing like the autotechnica crap you find in Australia.

Tom's Racing specifies that all their MANUAL gear knobs will fit all MANUAL Toyotas.

The gear knob comes with two shift gate stickers, one for 5 speed manual, the other for 6 speed manual. It is the law in Australia to have the gearing arrangement shown inside the cabin.

The thread is M12 (12mm diameter) by 1.25, and simply screws tight into place. This is the only reason why I believe it will only fit a Toyota since different manufacturing companies have different standard sizes.

The item is absolutely, brand spanking new. It has never been tried, tested, used or fitted onto any car. It still remains in it's original packaging complete with Japanese pricing stickers and was solely taken out for photographing purposes associated with this listing. It was won as a prize and is of no use to me since it will not fit my current automatic car.

This knob is rare in Australia. Where you can find it, it retails for approximately AU$90.

Here's a pic or two:
http://www.jerks.cx/charlie/toms1.jpg
http://www.jerks.cx/charlie/toms2.jpg

Anyway, email me if you need any more info or you're interested.
I'm not sure if toymods has an anti-ebay link policy or not. I couldn't find anything to that effect, so here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=30861&item=4505423485&rd=1

Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Sun, 21 November 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but what if tom comes looking for it... Laughing

um...give u $50 and u pay postage...i think postage is about $5

Adam
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Sun, 21 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opiate wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 18:52

I'm not sure if toymods has an anti-ebay link policy or not. I couldn't find anything to that effect, so here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=30861&item=4505423485&rd=1

Cheers!

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Mon, 22 November 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah stuff that, ebay pfft
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Mon, 22 November 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only just realised you wanted me to pay shipping for it.

when have you ever heard of seller paying shipping?

ebay's great for bargains. paying them a commission to sell stuff through them is a bit Confused but my missus and i make a bit off it nowadays.

back to the point.

it's a rare tom's knob, i've already had about 6 people say "hey man i'll give you 50$" and i've had to quote my linking to ebay in every one of them.

it's not hard to make an account, and it does offer a bit of protection to both the buyer and the seller.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Mon, 22 November 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt be on toymods if i didnt trust the people i deal with
either way...i said what i have to say....good luck with the sale if u dont manage to get rid of it my offer stands

Adam
LEX-80Y
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Tue, 23 November 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 18:11

u pay postage

Adam

You gotta be Jokin'

Bloody Low Ballers

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 00:23]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Tue, 23 November 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm ebay Surprised
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Tue, 23 November 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude is it threaded on the inside?
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Tue, 23 November 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it's threaded on the inside.
apparently to suit any manual toyota transmission, says tomsracing.co.jp

LEX-80Y: amen brother.
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: FS: TOM'S racing gear knob (black with silver lettering) Sun, 28 November 2004 02:59 Go to previous message
bump

auction's ending today... and it looks like you can't get it in Australia anymore
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 JDM early zenki Tail lights - Sold pending Payment
Next Topic:Aftermarket bucket seats
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:16:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051441192626953 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.