Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sat, 20 November 2004 04:48 Go to next message
I figure a fair few ppl would have figured this out already, but just incase I am posting this to help anyone with my previous problem out...

AE80/AE82 Corolla hatch(not Seca) struts fit the Sprinter hatch, they are a little bit smaller that the Sprinter ones, but they do the job just fine, you just cant open the hatch the extra inch or so youd be able to with the Sprinter ones, and at $10 each from pick n payless its worth it if your struts are dead.

cya
-Whitchy-

[Updated on: Sat, 20 November 2004 04:50]

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sat, 20 November 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had mine regassed a few years ago, and I guess I was one of the lucky people who it lasted for. They still work like new.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sat, 20 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know a place in inner-west sydney that regasses?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sat, 20 November 2004 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got both of mine regassed, some of the best money i ever spent! it was like $50 or $60 all up... Very Happy should out last the car...
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shinny where did ya get ya struts regassed?

Jezza Smile
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex just pulled them in the centre so they have a slight bow. Now theres no problems.

His hatch almost made him a parapledgic more than a couple of times.

Mmmm, latch in the back of the neck....
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey rex how are ya?

Sent ya a pm

Jezza
Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2004 01:35]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bend em....free Smile
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a lot of the sprinters i have bought have a piece of wood cut to length of jam the gate up
i too have suffered many a sore back cuz of them
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 12:59

bend em....free Smile

w3rd.... You're good for something after all Des... Razz Laughing

Mine even pops open now since I bent the struts..... Dunno how that works Confused
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine musta been regassed before i got the car cause if i dont hold onto the hatch it flies open VERY violently. Rolling Eyes
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got this funky thing which attaches to the top of the strut, and has a little plastic bit which holds the strut open. Ill grab a pic next time i take the camera out.
Best bit was that it cost $2
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my hatch shocks are so good, i rekon they might be better than my rear shocks! hahaha j/k
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was an old dude called Ron, think he calls himself Eastern Strut Recharge or something? Comes round to your place and does them.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been hit too/ besides almost permanent injury it has destroyed one of my favourite dress shirts, but anywas.

Can Rex or someone explain the slight bow/bend fix?
How the hell does this work and still be able to open and close? And how much of a bow/bend?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically you just gotta bend em everytime the hatch begins to fall, i've done this everytime i open the boot and now it is solid as. Very Happy

http://img9.exs.cx/img9/7932/bend.jpg
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Sun, 21 November 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To bend them, you fully open the hatch.
While someone else is holding the hatch up, you lean on the top of the strut body where the shaft goes in.
This puts a slight bend in the shaft, which stops it falling into the strut.

Don't bend too far tho, or you'll never get it shut again.
But you will have to pull down the hatch to get it past the bent point.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Note to Sprinter owners with stuffed hatch struts... Mon, 22 November 2004 10:40 Go to previous message
you tight-arses spend $40 and get them done properly!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ct26 Q
Next Topic:4age....2tg......4age......2tg
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:53:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049839019775391 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.