Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
white86
Regular

May 2004
ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 04:36 Go to next message
Hey...

What do people think on the issue of painting a bodykit on a sprinter white (body colour) or black?

If black... what other little bits do people paint to achieve a good look?

Atm im tending towards white, but the blockiness of the rear bar on a vertex kit makes me consider white...

Thoughts?

Cheers, Dan

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 05:24]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well here's mine, basically i've substituted the purple as white, so there is a two tone effect.

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/4517/S4.jpg

I think if it is a white colour, i'd colour code the whole kit white, as i can get away with the darker colours mixed together. If you need an idea, check out Shane's ae86 from Brissy.
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u love showing that thing of don't u?

not that i won't when mine's finished of course...

yer, i've seen both shane and beau's car. they look very good, but my only complaint is the slightly plain looking rear.

wonder what you can do to break it up? who knows, mightn't even be that bad when it grows on me.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha so you actually getting a vertex or streeter's kit?

IMO it doesn't look plain - it all depends on what cosmetics there is - like JDM lights and muffler etc.

Use gloss white to break the dullness off
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer a streeter kit. i'm going to contact him today or tomorrow hopefully and see if its possible to put a deposit on the new "version 3" kits he is making when he closes shop on the 4th of december.

the version 3 is mainly just a revision to the front bar from what i can remember him showing me... a few alterations here and there that make it more appropriate for running a fmic and a remote oil cooler, as well as hiding some of the ugly bits usually visable.

he is also pretty keen to get the fit and finish of the kit to a much higher level with this version.

my white is about as glossy and bright as you can get and still call it off white, so it shouldn't be too bad.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think ill be going all the same colour
havent seen any 2 tone ae86s in japan with bodykits
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so white it is...

how did u do ur parkers des? i'm sure u've been asked heaps before, but i just hate the look of the dodgy clear ones sometimes, same thing with the orange side indicators.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go black.
Too much white. Althought it would
look good with black wheels and
an all white finish
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill say go a craaaazy colour d1 style!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 15:57

well here's mine, basically i've substituted the purple as white, so there is a two tone effect.

I think if it is a white colour, i'd colour code the whole kit white, as i can get away with the darker colours mixed together. If you need an idea, check out Shane's ae86 from Brissy.

soo nice
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or not to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does one prove if its a genuine vertex or not? Is there a stamp or something?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 22:00

ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 15:57

soo nice

is the pic taken at Auburn reading cinemas?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Mon, 22 November 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 23:38

How does one prove if its a genuine vertex or not? Is there a stamp or something?

i spose there would be of some kind, but the only real proof would be the fibreglass that is used

thu187 wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 04:44

sure is

Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: ae86 vertex kit - to colour code or note to colour code? Tue, 23 November 2004 06:55 Go to previous message
ae86slaver wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 09:07

old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 23:38

i spose there would be of some kind, but the only real proof would be the fibreglass that is used

thu187 wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 04:44

sure is

tell me about how your hatch stays shut Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:whos supra was that on Today Tonight??
Next Topic:aftermarket supra steering wheel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 03:28:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056798458099365 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.