Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
suff
Regular

April 2004

Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Mon, 22 November 2004 07:28 Go to next message
OK Guys.. its just starting to get hot in this neek of the woods, turned the AirCon on for the first of the year, and i get a loud squeaking sounds like the belt is slipping it will make this noise for about 30 seconds and then after that operates like normal, after it has been on for a minute or two, i can turn it off, and turn it back on 30Min later and it makes no noise, just when it first starts up for the day?!?! .. can anyone confirm this? how hard is it to replace the fan?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Mon, 22 November 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The belt is either loose or worn out. Tighten or replace as necessary.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Mon, 22 November 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This happened to a mates car have u look to make sure the pully on the comp. is turning ohk ?????
he hadn't used his for a while and it was a little seized but some WD40 fixed it right up
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Tue, 23 November 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm everything seems to be running smoothley, but the belt to the aircon compressor is always running, even when its off, i know nothing about aircon, is there an internal clutch on the compressor, so when i engage the airon, it puts load on the belt and then it slips?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Tue, 23 November 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The belt will always move when the engine is running, yes the compressor has a clutch that engages when you turn on the a/c, just buy a new belt and see if that fixes it up, it squeaks/squeals because the belt is slipping and not gripping, new belt should fix it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Squeaky Belt Aircon Compressor??? HELP :) Tue, 23 November 2004 08:54 Go to previous message
well when u turn the air con on have a look and see if the pully is turning.
that's how we knew it was seized, cuz it spun fine with the air con off.
i hear talc powder can fix slipping belts for a short while
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Commodore brakes into ta22
Next Topic:Water temps??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 16:04:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048449039459229 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.