Toymods » The Outhouse » smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34'

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 01:29 Go to next message
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11 472350%255E421,00.html

Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 05:25]

Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch.... Crying or Very Sad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
used to look like this:

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/6559/gtr.jpg

Was in the Speed issue 14 'EVLR34'

The owner's son smashed it up
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit... so the father lost his car and his son?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's what it seems Confused

not to mention a male and female passengers.

how fucked up Confused
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before:

http://img121.exs.cx/img121/9224/post-4-11011702250.jpg

after:

http://img121.exs.cx/img121/5241/0360039832500.jpg

150km/h in a 50 zone.

Can happen to us anytime, I've seen this car on a number of a occasions with admiration Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 03:11]

AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh Man thats no good....
Safe Speeding.... theres no such thing...
Loss of Life is gonna be hard on the family.
150in a 5o zone?
do we no what area??
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God, thats terrible.
Seems like another situation where confidence out weighed
ability. No No No
Heart goes out to the families.

It was a gorgeous car.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Boy wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 13:15

ahhh Man thats no good....
Safe Speeding.... theres no such thing...
Loss of Life is gonna be hard on the family.
150in a 5o zone?
do we no what area??

Safe driving... there's no such thing.

Although 150 in a 50 zone is very stupid.
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRUE...
Safe driving....
Does anyone know what area and what time?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The first accident happened about 8.45pm (AEDT) yesterday at Wyoming, near Gosford."

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
valuable advice to all:

"people learn from their mistakes, but SMART people learn from the mistakes of OTHERS"
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that makes me feel sick
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite!! makes you think about how structurally sound a GTR is compared to an old skool celica or whatever...the celica would be in an even worse state...take it easy out there..
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150kp/h would F#@K anything up.
lite
Regular

November 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some people on the SAU forums say that alcohol may be involved and the female passenger was 7 months pregnant.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lite wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 15:38

some people on the SAU forums say that alcohol may be involved and the female passenger was 7 months pregnant.

that end bit just tops it... that is just awful Crying or Very Sad
lite
Regular

November 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Tue, 23 November 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the link for that thread.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/showthread .php?t=56640
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That should be a lesson to all TOOLS out there that speeding in a 50kph zone or any surburban street should have their heads checked. Rolling Eyes
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 16:31

That should be a lesson to all TOOLS out there that speeding in a 50kph zone or any surburban street should have their heads checked. Rolling Eyes

Well i'm sure we've all done it once but I would say it as, just be sensible and responsible. Your life is your own responsibility and when there are passengers, you account for them too.

damn. Just heard my gf's workmate lives a few house down from where it happened and she couldn't sleep the whole night. She said the bodies were so violently left to rest that it was horrific.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suburban area. Its a 50zone for a reason. Why travel 150+ in it? I dont understand.

News has said that

the driver was 20 years old. In the passenger seat was a 33 year old man. And the girl in the back was young...
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i agree that is very stupid... i feel more sorry for the other male passenger and the female.. they just had to be in a bad place at a bad time
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard on the news it was 4 teenagers in the car
damn when will the news get the facts straight and quit it with this bullshit trying to blame all accidents on P platers?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 06:55]

TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wasn't blaming a P plater for the accident... i am a P Plater myself, but i don't do 150k's in a 50k zone.. atm i don't have a car
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This tragic act of stupidity will reflect badly upon everyone else. esp. P platers.
The dicks in charge will have a field day with this one.

Correct me if i'm wrong, the GTR didn't do it itself. The fact that it was a young driver, who thought he would be invincable in a GTR, goes to show that this was a random act of stupidity and that he obviously took a big risk, that i'm sure no properly educated driver with the right attitudes would eva do.
They expect that the L's test properly ensure drivers are fully educated and exerienced enough to buy any car or drive any car alone, in any given situation.
This really pisses me off that the government will not accept the facts about why young drivers are dying on our roads and that Australian drivers are some of the most poorly educated. I am constantly drilled by this type of thinking by my Father and Uncle who are both advanced driver educators. This is why i am so passionate and all for real driver education and track days.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 November 2004 01:38]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here come the pasenger restrictions, the curfues, power restrictions and all that shit.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw that on the news at work...damn Shocked

I'd never let my kids (in future) touch anything powerful because of these possibilities... feel sorry for his family coz of his stupidity, and the other families Sad . Its stuff like this that screws the rest of us over
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lench wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 17:55

i heard on the news it was 4 teenagers in the car
damn when will the news get the facts straight and quit it with this bullshit trying to blame all accidents on P platers?

The driver was 23.

I really cannot believe that this car has been totalled, not to mention the 3 lives (possibly 4) were stripped away so instantly.
I read on another forums that a dude and his cousin were the first on the scene and as they approched the wreck, they saw the two halves of the car distant from each other, and the 2 male bodies in between, no pulse, both dead instantly.
Then the guy said he went to look at the rear half where he saw a clenched fist of a female under the squashed wreck (can't confirm if she had a pulse but i heard she died at the scene)

The only way the guy could tell what model car this was, was from the number plate which apparently was still on the front bar also separated from the carnage along with the headlights and cooler...

ok, enough graphic info, i pay my respects.

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was watching the channel 10 news, driver was 20, turning 21 on the 31st december, girl was 15 Crying or Very Sad

supposedly they were airbourne for 40m??? Confused don't see how thats possible as it looked pretty flat, but i don't know the area

the father was overseas they said aswell
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i've read over 4 forums and nobody can give an answer as to how old these people were. Can the f*^ing media ever get it right?

There is a dude on SkylinesAustralia.com who is holding a farewell cruise this sunday, he is one of the driver's best mates, but this is the first time i have heard a report of him being 20? Confused

40m airborne, hmmmm........i did read that the road has a dip and the car launched off this and lost control.

dad overseas? absolute tragedy. I would consider this to be one of the worst road tragedy's a family can face.

i guess this R34 was evil after all Rolling Eyes
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was the first thing i heard about this morning wheni got up eating brekky...made me sick to the stomach to think such an awesome car could be destroyed so easily. Even though i dont agree with what they were doing at the time, My heart goes out to all the unfortunate people involved, this really is a huge tragedy.

I also heard that the girl died later at the scene, not instantly...

Cheers, Jon
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepest sympathies to all families involved.

Evan wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 18:39

Here come the pasenger restrictions, the curfues, power restrictions and all that shit.

for P platers? its about time

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 11:56]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch the media blame nissan now....
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 22:55

Mate, it wouldn't stop anything.
You can still speed and lose control in a charade or whateva..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sad they died but they should have been doing that shit in the 1st place Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
power restrictions dont help - up the road from my house a honda shitbox was doing 100+ over a hill, got air and took out a telegraph pole, brick wall , and badly fucked the 3 passengers
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

.... good one, thats not going to help. only driver education is..

this car used to look like this

http://home.iprimus.com.au/easton/motion/motion1.jpg

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 00:43

.... good one, thats not going to help. only driver education is..

I dont want to discuss this in this thread, but, the road toll will be lowered by 20-30 % if restrictions are put in place. Absolutely no doubt about it.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"P platers" need restrictions like curfews???

There are a number of middle ages folk who are P platers...
I am 21 and a green P plater simply because I was hesitant going for My P's as tests of any kind scare me a lil.

So I think that is kinda a lil unfair.
Like old_mr2, u r like a few months older than me...
And just as easily I could be a P plater and a good fe wyears older than you. Now how does that make you "more responsible" than say a P plater of this given description.
(No personal diss dude just somethin to think about).

Do remember also this unfortunate tragedy is also resultant of a son taking out his fathers highly tuned pride and joy.

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious about thoughts on such a point of view.

Though it may have been a unthought action/mistake.

Driving a car and crashing (by the drivers fault) and killing the occupants [and themselves], is comparable to 2nd degree murder/manslaughter [and suicide]????

chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont give a f**k about these dip shits....and i especially dont give a shit about the car either - yeah like the world has a shortage of hotted up cars.

the only one I feel sorry for is the girl...15yo probebly didnt know any better than to hang around with dicks like these.....and what the fuck was the 33yo passenger doing - must have a real "cool dude" hanging with a 21yo and a 15yo....

thank fuck no innocent people were killed.....

this shit is so common....

yes we all have done stupid shit.....but that is downright reckless....150kmh in a suburban area is mad...

go suicide somewhere else..
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisss wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 05:29

ummm yeah ok... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also everyone must remember,

Driver education helps to a point, but the main issue here is driver attitude

put a dickhead through some driver education, he will have more confidence in himself but will still be a dickhead

and that dickhead will still end up doing stupid things behind the wheel.

Driver attitude must be changed, but unfortunately its the hardest thing to do.

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I dont give a f**k about these dip shits....and i especially dont give a shit about the car either - yeah like the world has a shortage of hotted up cars.

the only one I feel sorry for is the girl...15yo probebly didnt know any better than to hang around with dicks like these.....and what the fuck was the 33yo passenger doing - must have a real "cool dude" hanging with a 21yo and a 15yo....

yes we all have done stupid shit.....but that is downright reckless....150kmh in a suburban area is mad...

dude, grow up.

you don't know the circumstances, and i'm sure you won't be saying this if you knew them directly/indirectly.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A dip in the road would make sense.

Here's a thought for you all though. If the car wasnt a 1500kg r34 and it was say.. a holden barina, going 50km/h slower. Hitting this dip would of still launched it because of its weight and smaller grip factor, and the results would have been the same.

My point is a power/weight restriction is a good Idea but it wont stop these accidents. Curfew? gimme a break Kids dont listen to the laws that say 'slow down you'll die' as if they will listen to laws saying 'dont go out on the road after 9pm, because.... we say so'

Driver training. It will always come back to driver training. It is THE solution to ALL accidents. From then on you can introduce a tougher licensing system based on tier's/training/experience.

But the training must come first.

It's like going off to fight darth vader without training with yoda in the forest for any period of time.

Here you go luke.. take the lightsaber, Darths over there.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 22:49]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To get to from 50 to 150km/h is only a quick blat of the throttle in third gear on any highly spooled car.

The bit I think is really disappointing about this is that the kid took the car without the old mans consent (aledgedly) and now the old mans gotta come home from overseas to face the major losses and probably major abuse from the parents of the other kids as he left the keys to a weapon of a car in the hands of a kid.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 09:35

dude, grow up.

you don't know the circumstances, and i'm sure you won't be saying this if you knew them directly/indirectly.

Fraid I tend to agree with Chris. I mean i feel bad about the whole thing, but you cant JUST feel sorry for the them when its their own fault. 150 in a 50 zone? now I'm sorry, but even the lowest form of common sense has to kick in there.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think a lot of the time it is people overestimating their driving abilities.

i do it myself, i think "yeah, i can drive with real good car control on a race track, i could easily do this corner faster than everyone else". i think this kind of phrase would be common for a lot of people. the difference is, some people will totallly believe it whether it is true or not, and others will then say to themselves "wait, im getting too cocky, better take absoulte caution if i try this".

a sence of confidence in your abilities is good, just be down-to-earth about it.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 23:15]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 23 November 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 10:05

ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 09:35

dude, grow up.

Fraid I tend to agree with Chris. I mean i feel bad about the whole thing, but you cant JUST feel sorry for the them when its their own fault. 150 in a 50 zone? now I'm sorry, but even the lowest form of common sense has to kick in there.

Well what I'm saying is, you can't be 100% sure it was there own fault, even if the media tells you they were going 150km/h etc. If one of them came out alive and said they WERE doing in excess of that speed i'd be saying they were dumb pricks, but you just don't know.

I don't JUST feel sorry for them - but i feel sorry for their families/friends etc.

and they wouldn't want to hear this kind of 'your son was stupid, no common sense'

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=ae86drift wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 00:43]

this car used to look like this

http://home.iprimus.com.au/easton/motion/motion1.jpg

Man that was one sexy car.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay I really don't think this is a good time to be discussing this but anyway.

A car is a very powerful tool and any time people approach something with power you have to be very careful and use that brain thing so that you don't abuse that power, or lose control of it and suffer the consequences. This can be anything with power, from guns, knives, bombs to knowledge and politics. We fool around with plenty of things these days that we aren't able to fully control or over power by ourselves.

Cars require responsiblity and brains in order to use their abilities without having them bite back. If P platers continually don't show the required sense then perhaps it is time to reduce the amount of responsibility and power that they can take on when driving a motor vehicle. Or perhaps it's time to more thoroughly evaluate each driver and tightening up the driver education and licensing system.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep driver education and training is the key,and i believe they are quite different things,,driver education should involve,having to watch crash scene vids, crash test vids(i shat myself when i saw you were unlikely to survive in an 80kph accident)listening to guest speakers who have lost loved ones or become seriously damaged because of motor vehicle accidents...THIS SHOULD ALL BE DONE BEFORE SOMEONE IS EVEN ALLOWED TO GET ON THE ROAD BY THEMSELVES..

Then you have driver training: simple things like knowing how to spot traffic trends and movement 3 cars ahead,general etiquette,freeway merging,night and wet weather training,driving a car with distractions,advanced vehicle controll.People fear that giving people better skills in controlling a car will encourage them to get the thing stepping out more, i think that the very few that will do this, will do it in their own time and in a more controlled environment because they have seen and experienced what can go wrong...the only restriction i do believe in is power output restrictions on provisional drivers,,C,mon i understand that i used to get up to 150+ in my old celica with a stock 2T but it didnt get there in a matter of seconds Rolling Eyes All in all we need to realise there will never be an end to the road toll,so the solutions shouldnt be viewed in the tense of, eg:oh well you can get upto 100kph in a charade so power restrictions arent going to work, but..Will this type of law help reduce the chance of people killing or hurting themselves/other people, whilst also offering them the type of progressive learning everyone needs!

On a last note did you know that in the late 70's the average road toll was up around the 7000+ mark? Know what it is now? around the 2000 mark..

There will always be vehicle related deaths because unfortunately our bodies were never designed to travel at the speeds we do and the more people that realise this the better we may all be off..

[Updated on: Wed, 24 November 2004 01:46]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 10:14

i think a lot of the time it is people overestimating their driving abilities.

i do it myself, i think "yeah, i can drive with real good car control on a race track, i could easily do this corner faster than everyone else". i think this kind of phrase would be common for a lot of people. the difference is, some people will totallly believe it whether it is true or not, and others will then say to themselves "wait, im getting too cocky, better take absoulte caution if i try this".

a sence of confidence in your abilities is good, just be down-to-earth about it.

I'd rather have cocky, well educated driver than a cocky, aragant, never been shown how to drive a car quickly and safely, driver who hasjust bought a 180sx to be the next drift king. That is seen to often.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
700hp is just a little bit too much for a 21 year old to handle i think expecially when he would have had passengers possibly egging him on to use all of them. The event whilst sad would be totally preventable if it wasn't for stupid behaviour. As has been said before though power is not the only factor, if an old shitter was doing this speed with crap suspension brakes etc the result is the same but the temptation to do these speeds would be far less in an old car.
I am only 18 and on my green p's and whilst fun i would probably shit myself driving a 700hp car. My car has stepped out on me many times even when not trying to provoke it, this has lead me to seeking an advanced driver training course over the christmas break. Not the entire answer i know but will help me in situations that i need the skills for.
Curfews etc mean shit and they will just make the problem worse ppl will drive without p plates, the answer is better driver training and possibly a power to weight ratio limit.
There is one for motorbikes so why not cars.
The fact remians though that it all comes down to the driver exercising common sense when out on the road, if you wanna speed go on a race track or atleast on the freeway. Suburban areas are full of risks not only to the car but what about a kid crossing the road or someone reversing out of their driveway.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What ever you read in the or see in media do not beleive they are the biggest pricks that just want to stir shit, when my 16 yr old cousin died in a car crash a few yrs ago channel 10 news report they had weapons in the car and that they had been to go rob a bank or some bs.

The truth, the driver of the car had taken his dads work car for a joy ride picked up my cousin and crashed, the so called weapons were is fathers work tools, screwdrivers, stanley knifes ahammers etc. etc.

unless you know someone who was actually there or is a close friend of the driver and or passengers don't go slaggin them coz the media will have made some story to make them look bad purely for ratings.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 14:21

What ever you read in the or see in media do not beleive they are the biggest pricks that just want to stir shit, when my 16 yr old cousin died in a car crash a few yrs ago channel 10 news report they had weapons in the car and that they had been to go rob a bank or some bs.

The truth, the driver of the car had taken his dads work car for a joy ride picked up my cousin and crashed, the so called weapons were is fathers work tools, screwdrivers, stanley knifes ahammers etc. etc.

unless you know someone who was actually there or is a close friend of the driver and or passengers don't go slaggin them coz the media will have made some story to make them look bad purely for ratings.

Very true.

And in this case of the R34, it definately needs to be taken into consideration.

I've heard and spoken to people that know the deceased and it sure is a different story to what the media portrays
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this on the front page of the newspaper! It shocked me for the whole day today in the hospital and funny that I saw it in the spinal injury ward. The facts said the driver was a 20 year old and the female who was 15 years old was pregnant to the 33 year old occupant. All I have to say is that after working in the hospital and seeind all these quadraplegics after small car accidents I all want you drivers to drive safe and legal. My condelences for the family and everyone who is very upset due to this event.

For those who DONT CARE should be more respectful to a death. Any death is a bad death no matter what the reasons are because they might be the greatest people and only get know for something which seems bad. I guess no one can judge as to no one was in the car at the time so no one really knows the real situation of the car accident.

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a car to tear into 2 pieces its safe to say they were well and truly speeding.

In my opinion P platers should:

- Be banned from driving v8's
- Be banned from driving forced induction cars
- Have strict power: weight ratio enforced

Nice and simple like victoria in this respect.

and 700hp is just plain silly for a p plater.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

in vic its like P's can't drive a car with 130kw+/- or something (some one confirm/correct this) Confused
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:15

In my opinion P platers should:

Completely agree.
Also they should try driving on a racetrack somewhere,most will soon find they can't drive as well as they think.IMHO
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:computer gurus look in
Next Topic:STARGATE FANS?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:58:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088658332824707 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.