Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1ggte89
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Clutch costs + other Tue, 23 November 2004 11:02 Go to next message
I bought my car today Razz took it to the mechanic and he says clutch is gone which it is and its just slipping on boost Sad((((((

Car was a import with little body damage.. came with strut tower brace. came with a massive pod air filter. it also came with greddy fuel cutter and a ignition module and some other thing which i havent yet worked out what it is.. Oh i forgot an exhaust aswell and some rice spoiler..taking that off!!

the engine is very clean and paid $4k aus

at the moment any car would beat mine as the clutch slips but i need a new clutch.. costs?? which one is good?? also what boost could i safely run on stock turbos? its a 89 1ggte
  Send a private message to this user    
Pube
Regular

May 2002
Re: Clutch costs + other Wed, 24 November 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just bought an exedy heavy duty organic clutch kit for my gen 3 1ggte. It has 1/3 more clamping pressure and cost $350 including machining the fly wheel. Although i cannot comment on its performance yet as it is not inslalled.
PHA77R
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Clutch costs + other Wed, 24 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have this same problem Razz Different car (AE92) but i'm presuming clutch costs etc would be similar..

What have other people paid for clutches including install, whether you got stock or heavyduty/sports?

Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Clutch costs + other Wed, 24 November 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Expect to pay $3-400 for a heavy duty clutch. Add about $100 if you want a ceramic button centre.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Clutch costs + other Thu, 25 November 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 10:57

Expect to pay $3-400 for a heavy duty clutch. Add about $100 if you want a ceramic button centre.

Add about another $1500 if you want a decent twin plate Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Clutch costs + other Thu, 25 November 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quad-plate Very Happy
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

Re: Clutch costs + other Thu, 25 November 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for being naive but what does it mean for it to be ceramic or i've heard 3,4,5 PUCK

what is all of this .
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Clutch costs + other Fri, 26 November 2004 00:55 Go to previous message
Ceramic is the friction material, and it's arranged in "pucks" (usually 3/4/5 of them) instead of a full face like conventional organic clutches. The idea is to have a lower surface area, which makes the clutch "grab" better - but the downside is you lose a lot of the progressiveness of a full-face clutch. The lower the number of pucks, the "grabbier" it gets, but the more power it can handle without slipping.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is 'bluetop' 4AGE better than 4A-FE
Next Topic:4agze rwd headers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:21:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051140785217285 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.