Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dixie
Occasional Poster

October 2004
MX83 fuel economy Sat, 06 November 2004 03:31 Go to next message
I seem to be getting rotten economy in my recently acquired MX83. A tank of fuel lasts about 300 km (suburban running). Does that sound right? I am not a total lead foot or anything.
  Send a private message to this user    
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: MX83 fuel economy Sat, 06 November 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your oxygen sensor to make sure it operating correctly.cressidas in my experience dont have great fuel economy around the city.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: MX83 fuel economy Sat, 06 November 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine does about 13.5-15L/100km but I know a friend who gets about 12L/100km. My engine was reconditioned with new injectors O2 sensor and a bunch of other new shit. His engine is 300,000km old. My fuel ecconomy was the same before and after the rebuild.
dixie
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: MX83 fuel economy Tue, 23 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 02:01

Mine does about 13.5-15L/100km but I know a friend who gets about 12L/100km. My engine was reconditioned with new injectors O2 sensor and a bunch of other new shit. His engine is 300,000km old. My fuel ecconomy was the same before and after the rebuild.
How much were the injectors and O2 sensor?

Did you change your injectors because the car was running really rough - like it was missing all the time? Just wondered, as mine is and I reckon it is probably a fuel problem of some kind.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MX83 fuel economy Tue, 23 November 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that's about what I got in mine.
spraypainter
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: MX83 fuel economy Wed, 24 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well dixie,beerfart may be right but I've just bought one after years of dithering.The red light was on when I picked it up,so straight down to the servo and jam in as much as I can( 61LTRS ).

Drive and drive - Hey it's my new car and I was loving it - red light comes on again and back to the same servo for another 62LTRS and a tripmeter reading of 494kms.

Any paintwork dramas? feel free to ask guys...hope your problem turns out to be something minor.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: MX83 fuel economy Wed, 24 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did you get 62L in? I thought they were 60L tanks. :S
spraypainter
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: MX83 fuel economy Wed, 24 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think you'll find its a 70LTR tank and the light comes on when you have 10LTRS left as they would prefer you not to use it for obvious reasons ( dixie?)

If I'm wrong - hell,bend me over spank me
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: MX83 fuel economy Thu, 25 November 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, 70 Litre Tank
(copy from owners manual)
http://www.pbase.com/driftking/image/21894791.jpg

more specs and images at

www.projectsleeper.com and
www.pbase.com/driftking/toyotacressida
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: MX83 fuel economy Thu, 25 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous message
mine was a pig! i got 15l/100km's twice and that was doing 50/50 highway/suburban with the auto changing up at no greater than 3500rpm. the first time i thought i checked it and did the maths wrong.. no no, i was correct Sad i was going to check the 02 sensor and check the mixtures but was told this is what i can expect from a 3.0 litre 1300-1400 kilo car. so i fucked it off
i cant imagine what it used on rainy days Shocked Laughing Rolling
so now i gots the 20v Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The new Avalon (tech stuff)
Next Topic:Modified car insurance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:04:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062990188598633 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.