Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Thu, 30 May 2002 12:00 Go to next message
How much do they cost??? where can i get one in sydney and i was told they'll bypass the boost cut and speed cut for the 1JZ-GTE
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Thu, 30 May 2002 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt it will remove the 180km/h speed limiter.

Manny should know how much they are worth, he installed one in his Soarer I think. Probably looking around the $1k mark new.
jza70-mel
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Fri, 31 May 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The S-AFC probably costs about $770-700 (shop around)and is a generic (one model fits all) device that alters the MAP signal vs RPM to fool the ECU into leaning/enrichening the mixture.
They can delay the boost cut by fooling the ECU that the boost pressure is under the boost cut limit.

It does not remove boost cut or speed limiting. The RSM (rev speed meter) can be hooked up to cut out the 180km/h limit

Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Fri, 31 May 2002 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy
As stated above, the S-AFC will allow you to raise the boost cut limit but will not remove the Speed Cut - RSM-GP will do this.
It does a great job of trimming the overfuelling that occurs above 4000 rpm on the 1J and will bring your A/F ration to a more reasonable level resulting in 5-10 rwkw depending on how safe you want to run your mixtures. Torque felt very good with strong off boost cruising and light acceleration.
Prices vary slightly state to state, but expect to pay about $700 new or if you can find one second hand as I did for $300.
It's not uncommon for find users upgrading from S-AFC to full blown aftermarket/replacement ECU so they are around from time to time. In the last 6 months, I've come across and purchased 2 second hand units on the various Australian forums.
If you want to buy new in Sydney, try Advan, Croydon or any of the other boutique workshops.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Fri, 31 May 2002 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks, hey if you do come across another going cheap gimmi a yell please Smile Smiley = i bet all the guys say that to you Grin
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Sat, 01 June 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was enquiring about one, Unique Autosports in Sydney wanted $850 fitted. I would fit it myself personally, theres only a few wires to hook up. very simple.

Its a good fix if you have overrich/lean mixtures, but i'd rather have ignition control also.

Phil
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Sun, 02 June 2002 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to be keeping it simple as in big exhust(twin dump pipes) boosted to about 12 to 14 and high flow air filter, i shouldn't need to play with the ignition shoul I??? Basically i want the SAFC to keep things safe
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Sun, 02 June 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough, as a safeguard against leaning out it definately has its merits, i was just referring to ignition timing cause it also allows productive gains in power on a modded intake/exhaust system.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi SAFC for 1JZ-GTE Sun, 02 June 2002 10:08 Go to previous message
go on??? Nod
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Guys from Bullet Supercars rock!
Next Topic:lookout for black jeep
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:26:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060410499572754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.