Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 06:42 Go to next message
We made a new track at a mates house but there is a small jump in it . I was wondering if anybody has ever done any damage to a car doing this ??
the ground is pretty soft and the tyres run at about 25 psi.
We will be taking SA63 x2 soon a mazda 323 and maybe a gemini.

it sounds really dukes of hazzard i know but i've lost my license but i need to drive like a dickhead somewhere.
  Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"SA63 parts for sale going cheap"

haha
dibs on not getting the suspension Smiley =
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my thoughts..
don't take it out if you don't want it broken Smiley =
but better than playing silly buggers on the roads.

a jump at speed and dirt may result in.. a stack.. and a roll?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I managed to crack both A pillars amongst other things being silly in the dunes with my Sierra. Cars are not meant to fly Smiley =

Dude, it's really going to depend on how high you're jumping, and the way you land. ie, a rally style jump where you are going over a crest at speed and land at a very small angle on the downhill is going to cause little problems (except for maybe a roll if you don't land straight). But a jump off the top of a 45-50 degree dune, getting 3-4 feet of air and landing on flat ground, now that f*cks sh!t up.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 18:16

I managed to crack both A pillars amongst other things being silly in the dunes with my Sierra. Cars are not meant to fly Smiley =

Dude, it's really going to depend on how high you're jumping, and the way you land. ie, a rally style jump where you are going over a crest at speed and land at a very small angle on the downhill is going to cause little problems (except for maybe a roll if you don't land straight). But a jump off the top of a 45-50 degree dune, getting 3-4 feet of air and landing on flat ground, now that f*cks sh!t up.

sierra?.. as in SUZUKI sierra?
if so, your insane.. those cars are rolltastic death machines
my mate rolled his
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gran had one at her farm and it was a rollover waiting to happen. I drove it around a fair bit and although it could climb just about any hill I tried to avoid slopes for fear of death.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to the mud run and saw a vitara roll 6 times in like 5 mins.
It's the most air we could get is around 50 cms if that.

Oh dave i've seen a hilux come flying up a hill only to get almost 2 metres of air and snap both axles when landing.

we won't be hitting the jumps all thast fast like 50/60 kms an hour cuz the ground is so soft traction is almost non exisistant.
I was just wondering what the weak spots were so i can keep checking on them.

This is the car the parts are coming off and needless to say not the one i'll be doing jumps in.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=50342&rid=3868&S=4e9643d5f797dcf325d096f 5edea0912
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we managed to crack the chassis rails under the front seats ( one side was almost all the way through Shocked ) in the shitbox sigma rally machine by doing smallish jumps. . . although, it might have been mainly due to the angle of landing (flat ground and front nose diving VERY badly Embarassed). . .
but then we just welded it all back together, braced it all with some plate, and kept on rallying it. we didnt do jumps in it after that repair though.
still was the best rally basher we've had in a long time Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boxh34d wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 20:59

although, it might have been mainly due to the angle of landing (flat ground and front nose diving VERY badly Embarassed). . .

nose dive?? try jumping a van!!
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 18:34

Oh dave i've seen a hilux come flying up a hill only to get almost 2 metres of air and snap both axles when landing.

lol, seen that too, well almost. Mates hilux, same dunes, about 60-80kms/hr, big air, land, snap (might have been snap then land, still unsure of if it broke on the jump or landing). Only broke the front though. We stuck it in 2wd and drove it home Smiley =.

Man I was a tool when I was young Smiley =
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back when i was young and stupid i got air in my EA falcon wagon off a sharp rise in steepness in the road. Not cool... twas kinda funny at the time but it made a huge noise when we landed.
Best thing was one of my mates was on the phone at the time and didn't realise that i was driving 100km/h in a 50 zone heading towards this bump in the road. He smacked his head on the roof and almost shat himself. Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havnt broken anything on the feral, but my feroza has a nice front camber now after the last lot of airborne fun in the sand pit. Evil or Very Mad
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We smashed my cousins subaru 1800 wagon to shit , found a track up the road from my house with a huge rise then drop .. that car got some massive air and rally time before we sold it for $50 Very Happy
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Thu, 25 November 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well after getting airborn over a sanddune at about 70ks then realise in mid flight there was no dune on the other side and nose diving my holden drover(sierra) pushing my nuckles and steering wheel through the dash, rupturing my spleen and bending my car like a banana big time.

wasnt fun! well was up till impact Rolling Eyes
rossvw
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Fri, 26 November 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My mate took his hilux over a dune with a steeper dropoff than he thought. front wheels got bout 2 feet off the ground and the engine went through the radiator when he landed. two of the engine mounts had gone. he managed to get it home by bending off some of the radiator fins or something. it was like a brand new radiator before that but.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Fri, 26 November 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've put a the fan thru the radiator before in my old mans nissan dual cab ute it had a holden 202.
coming over the top of the hill the front of the car got massive but the rear not so much.
it nose dived and the fan went right thru the radiator in one side out the other.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Fri, 26 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have one thing to say Very Happy

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/5596/Img_0112.jpg

the rally car can do it all day.

Ben.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Fri, 26 November 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i busted up the front suspention in mine, one strut has some nice neg camber now and the otherside has a busted strut top

u can witness the beating here: http://gb.detonated.org/fun.avi
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Has anybody ever broken their car doing jumps ? Fri, 26 November 2004 11:42 Go to previous message
Quote:

the rally car can do it all day.

Ditto That! Laughing
http://web.omni.altweb.net/dkeeler/public_html/mfoto/photos/dk/56_psr_dk04_10441.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1.8ltre xa6x coupe? wtf
Next Topic:Looky at what just arrived at my doorstep :D
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 07:02:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006058931350708 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.