Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 03:32 Go to next message
Toyota Car Club (Qld ) are Cruising to the Noosa Hillclimb
for Sunday 14 November
The event is held at Tewantin state forest, Gyndier Drive, Tewantin.

Meet at Salisbury Motorama 4x4xMore
711 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury Brisbane.

Heading off at 9.30am sharp!

Driving up to Noosa via Beewah, Maleny & Montville.

Contact a club committee member for more info, e.g. Eric (NOT162), Jeff (jeff1600), Blake (V8_ma61) or me (thechuckster) (anyone else want to be listed here?).

Sunshine-coast drives may want to meet along the way - post suggestions to this thread and CC the committee members just in case.

BYO: hat & sunscreen stuff, comfy camping chair (or you sit on the ground at the event), UHF radio (for the drive), painkiller (for the noise), digital camera. There should be a shady tent and the club will have the portable drinks eskies ($1 a tin). There should be food at the site.
  Send a private message to this user    
rozz
Regular

April 2003
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i wouldnt waste your time
the hill climb is shite.
and if u cruize up through montville, all the good cars will have run already and it will just be the old stuff
thats my 2cents
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it could be a good drive.. I mean afterall that's what the people going on the cruise are going for. The hillclimb is just the end Wink

I should be up for it Charles, if Saturday night isn't a big one Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought this was on the 7th ie last Sunday? Am I wrong?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris: the 7th was the Gympie skidpan outing - this is a drive thru the hills to Hill Climb race site.

Kirk: hiya! i thought you had moved to Victoria? anyway, i'm not sure if i'll be there (i got a fence at home to build) but i figured everyone should know about the cruise anyway!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you are driving to the race site but the actual hill climb race was on last weekend right? And you intend to drive up the road they use then?

Is this correct?

BTW I should be able to come hopefully.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Tue, 09 November 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noosa Hillclimb is on this weekend - last weekend was the Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana

see here for more info on the Hillclimb:
<http://www.noosacarclub.com/hill3.html>
and here:
<http://www.hrcc.org.au/Events_2004.htm#Noosa>

the drive is a fun opportunity for folks to stretch their legs (and steering arms) up thru to Maleny and Montville.

perhaps there might be a unofficial run up & down the actual course at a later date? Wink
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I had moved to Victoria... but hey I'm back now Wink It would be good to go on another cruise some time.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I am in!

So where shall I meet? I really don't know that area very well so you suggest somewhere Charles Smile Just tell me approx. what time also and I will be there.

Any other Sunshine Coast kids coming?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys, i'm not certain if i'll be there (my front fence beckons me to finish it) ...
... but the route was going to be:
-leave salisbury Motorama
-head towards motorway (and try not to get personalised DoT photo)
-leave motorway at Beewah exit
-drive thru Beewah and take road to Kilkoy/Woodford
-at top of hill, turn right onto beewah/maleny road
-drive to maleny then onto Montville
-down from montville towards noosa (i not know this bit)

i'd say the best meeting point for you would be Beewah?

I'll try to get Eric or other TCC(qld) to confirm the route. The event was listed in the club monthly magazine so there should be a few toyotaloonies going. Wink
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beerwah sounds good.
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, if all goes well saturday changing the brakes and dash over, i'll try and make it. A nice drive up the mountain might be fun with some newer / bigger brakes in the ever so slow 2s-c corona Razz

christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Wed, 10 November 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may be already up there. my mates dad is competing in his 260Z, it should be an awesome day! if i had a car, i'd definately come for the cruize. might see yas there. Very Happy
toyoTA22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Thu, 11 November 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez Charles, those directions are a bit confusing..Smile I know exactly where we need to go. Been on those roads millions of times. That's a huge drive going from Brissie to Maleny to Noosa - my ta22 will need a week long break! I'm keen to go, even though some of the Noosa club will probably roll their eyes at us. I just need to consider whether i will go from Brissie or from Landsborough/Beerwah. Either way add a ta22 to the list.

By the way, i 'll show you where to go when we go the MtGlorius/Nebo cruise - and no stealing my work keys for the forest tracks.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 06:26]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Fri, 12 November 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is there an approximate time to meet at Beerwah? And where abouts in Beerwah?

thanks
Chris
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Fri, 12 November 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris (and others thinking of meeting at Beewah):
i'd say we'll take at least 1hr to 1:15hrs from Salisbury, this map maker:
http://www.travelmate.com.au/MapMaker/MapMaker.asp ?TM_Page=Mapmaker reckons 1:30 but that's driving thru the city and behaving like you're towing a caravan.
i'll try to contact some TCC(Qld) guys on Saturday and post a more definative time.

As for meeting place... dunno - safest places are service stations or supermarket carparks? This map:
http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/mapmaker/m appage.aspx?town=beerwah_QLD
isn't very helpful, and whereis.com.au isn't much better.

From memory i'd suggest somewhere shady along Beerwah Parade - but i'll try to post something definative on Saturday?

Everyone: i'll bring some A3 maps to Salisbury on Sunday - that was we can quickly work out the details of the trip. Plus dont forget to bring/loan a UHF radio.

cheers,
Charles.
toyoTA22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster,

Sunny Coasters should meet at Landsborough (a few k's nth of Beerwah) if you guys are going up to Maleny etc. The road from L'borough goes to Maleny, (Landsborough-Maleny Rd). Otherwise if we met at Beerwah we would be back tracking.

NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all. Chuck, the route you suggest is by far the best for traffic and fun. If we meet at Beerwah at the Woolworths car park then we can head up towrds maleny from there. Try and avoid going up Maleny via Landsborough as the "Icebox" is under major reconstruction with long traffic delays because of the road works traffic lights. I am going to meet you all at Caltex Carseldine - same as last weekend - should be there at 9.45. See you then. Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so which is it? Beerwah or Landsborugh?

So 11:00am is the time to meet then.

Since no one can make up their mind. I will meet at the service station there. So please look out for me. I will be in a yellow ke70 corolla with rust in the rear!

what channel on the UHF? Unfortunately, mine doesn't have that great of a range though.

So can someone who is going plese sms me their mobile number as I won't be able to get on the net again I don't think. My number is 0404029203.

thanks
Chris
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris: eric may have SMS'd you? Beerwah is meeting place - woolworths carpark - i'd say 10:30 instead of 11am. UHF - i dunno - we used #23 on the drive up to Gympie. i'll SMS you as well.

toyoTA22: the road going up from landsborough to maleny has significant delays (and surface damage) from road works at the top of the hill climb - i went thru it last weekend in the rain and most of it was 1st gear + serious ruts/washout on the road. I understand it's not much better now.

i know it might look slightly longer going down to Beerwah then around 'the back way' to Maleny, but this route will be fun!!
-Beerwah onto Peachester
-from Peachester towards the Woodforde-Kilkoy Rd
-turn right aout 5-6 Km after Peachester and you take a hilly, windy road up thru to Maleny
-Maleny onto Montville
-Montville to Mapleton
-Mapleton back to hwy
-hwy to ...

cheers,
Charles
toyoTA22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it.

I didn't know about the Landsborough roadworks. The other way is probably more enjoyable anyway.

Thanks

See you at 10:30 Woolies Carpark
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Sat, 13 November 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys would have already left. But I will see you at 10:30 at beerwah woolies then Smile

Channel 23 is the go.
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: TCC(Qld) Cruise to Noosa Hillclimb Sunday 14 November Thu, 25 November 2004 07:21 Go to previous message
rozz wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 19:30

personally i wouldnt waste your time
the hill climb is shite.
and if u cruize up through montville, all the good cars will have run already and it will just be the old stuff
thats my 2cents

Spoken by a true racer.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The day was great and the cars were great! Cool

Try participating instead of watching and events such as these will take on a whole new meaning. Nod

The sight of brucey bumpit dummett sliding his XU-1 up the hill as if he was being chased by the lord of hell was enough to sell me! Twisted Evil Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Final Round of the QRC
Next Topic:Streetcar performance shootout
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:04:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01937198638916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.