Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biggo
Regular

November 2004
AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 06:38 Go to next message
Hi every1

Just want to say AE82 r cool

so....... yair post reply

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 06:44]

Send a private message to this user    
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae82's r cool
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey c'mon fellas AE82's r fully sik

especially ones with 4A-C that go brummmmmmmm brummmmmmm
or r they?
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really. I brought my FXGT and it blew up within a month. Not my fault tho. The driver before me blew the head gasget and then used 'no smoke' and by the time I noticed what was wrong, it was all over!

Also made funny noises/rattles at 100kms. Not the Character building type, the shit your pants and do 80 down the motorway ones. And something drained all the power at idle, so it would stall (think it had something to do with the head gasget)

Moral of the Story......... Do the proper tests before buying any car, no matter who trusting you think the guy is.

For the record, it was a AE82 JDM FXGT with a transplated redtop TVIS 4AGE. Just a few simple mods, but very tidy interior.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a sad story 'bout my AE82.

I'm driving to school one fine morning (I later find out is wasn't) when my rolla starts wheezing and sputtering. So anyway we continue driving until we reach town (in this case Cooroy) and shift down a gear (4th) and it stops with steam pissing out and the in the road (wait for it) right in frount of RACQ (a blessing in diguise). Keep in mind I had this car on the road for 3 weeks at cost when i find out it gonna cost another $1000 to fix a 4A-C.

Yair i know its sad but i still like AE82 that go brummmmmm.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy Crap! $1000 to fix a 4A-C? You can buy a 4AGE bluetop for around $500nz over here.

I just traded mine in on my new car, let the car dealer get rid of it because as I didnt want the guilt of selling a bomb (Sad bastard aint I?)

I was thinking about buying a AW11 for a track car but when I looked at a AE92 Levin and a AW11 4AGE, my new car felt faster, so now I dont know what to get anymore Laughing Maybe another AE82, this time with a blacktop 20v.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yair it was $1000 to fix but chappo's did it in 4 days.

However while that was happin we found a nice blue top 4A-GE for my friends AE71 which rips now (if only they had a fwd model Crying or Very Sad )

But still 4 days i pretty quick (for premium price) plus i hate pulic transport.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My lil weapon

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/4581/UploadDSCF5143.jpg

AE82 Seca twinky
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Thu, 25 November 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Foglamps and nudge bar included.
Do you actually use them?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 26 November 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh phuck yes! I do a shit load of night driving.

Edit: Just realized ya local biggo, you've most likely seen me tooling around the streets. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 00:22]

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 26 November 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D D double p p post Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 00:23]

MattHothatchboy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sun, 28 November 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thinks AE82 Twin Cams are a very nice car to own. For less than 3k you can buy a decent one with rego. Mine has aircon power steering and of course the twin cam goodies like better engine and running gear, four wheels disc braking and factory alloys all in good condition and with 6 months rego all under 3K. Much better value than Suzuki GTi's which have week gearboxes and smaller less powerfull engine and only 2 doors for entry. I should know, I had a GTi Suzuki
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Tue, 30 November 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And here i thought we had a quite a few '82 drivers Rolling Eyes

Anywhat.....
rx-3 ip
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Wed, 01 December 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is a 4 door weekender
has 20v black top 5 speed trd close ratio box & trd lsd 4.3diff coil overs 4 wheel disk brakes jasma extractors with open exhaust run by autronics very soon will have 190hp silver top good fun
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sat, 04 December 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesus H. Christ
190hp and here i was thinking my 61kw 4ac was sik.

BTW post a full report on this "weekender"
rx-3 ip
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sat, 04 December 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Biggo,
That is what the engine builder told me , it will be between 190-200hp. about 145-150hp.on the wheel.
balaced bottom end,fully worked head, big cams , adjustable cam gears ,3.5kg.flywheel with 3 puk clutch rev to 9000rpm should pull 63-64 sec.at willowbank ( clubman circuit) serious fun
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 10 December 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering, whats with the name?
Are you a rx driver too?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sun, 13 February 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a simple little bump to keep the thread somewhat alive and for any AE rolla newbies out there Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sun, 13 February 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought the 20V black top made 120kw at the flywheel about 100kw at the wheels, so with those mods you'll be getting about 110kw at the wheels Confused

What's a good place to source the black top's from? I'll be needing one within 2 years or so Very Happy

EDIT: what does a 4AC make? (not much i know, but just out of curiosity) Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2005 09:08]

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 14 February 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 20:06

Around the 55-60kW mark from memory
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 14 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of my mates has a nice white AE82 with a silvertop 20v in it. hes spent so much money on that thing but goddamn its worth it. such a nice car. ill have to get him on here and share some pix and spec of the car.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Tue, 15 February 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 12:16

dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 20:06

Around the 55-60kW mark from memory

that'd be at the fly right Confused Laughing
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Tue, 15 February 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was at the wheels.
But i'm having a look see and double check

Edit: Me dumb. At the flywheel

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 08:54]

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Tue, 15 February 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flywheel
Horsepower 70@4800
something around the 60kW mark
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Tue, 15 February 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All

i used to have a AE82 she was a litle beaut payed about 2k for her and it was a little rocket..i loved that car it was awesome..was the sx version, but unfortunantly i ran it into the ground and she died on me Sad,

dad traded it in to get his new car ( a very nice AE112 corolla i might add ) and i got dads old AE92 seca.

i love the AE82 hatchs...they are top lil cars, wish i still had mine

( picture in avatar is my old girl ) R.I.P UPU-51E

CHEERS

NOLAN
redtwinny
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 18 March 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got an AE82 twin cam hatch in shiny red with blue top 86Kw motor. Had for 7yrs and I love it. Everytime I see it I reckon it looks really good. It's not lowered, but they look great when they're subtly lowered with a nice set of wheels and a 'stock' exterior.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 18 March 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
70hp is actually only around 52.5kw woot gutless, no wonder ppl are always complaining about there lack of power. Razz
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 18 March 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, i was close.
If you want to call 7.5 as being close....
BillusMcFlunday
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Fri, 15 July 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i just thought i'd drop in and put my story down here too....

I've got 2 ae82 1 85 sedan cs and a 87 seca cs... bothe 4ac manual. the sedan was my second car and it was a freak... i had a reco put in as the old owner (a drug dealer) killed it. but who ever put it in oviously didn't have a engine manual when they did it coz they forgot where all the vacum lines went so the got it to start then just pluged them on where ever there was a vac pipe and the line would reach. this resulted in the vac choke working intermittly, then the timing belt needed changing... i took it down to a mechanic, 1 recommended to me... at the local BP Servo (big mistake) the replaced the belt and i went to pick up the car and it was a slug. hold acc flat to the floor dump clutch and car would jerka little and start to move. no mass ammounts of wheelspin all thru first then into second... (seamed like a hell of a lot more wheelspin due to my first car being a nissan praire - station wagon version of a n12 pulsar also like 300kg heavier with no more power) neways long story short i got them to advance the timing so it would go properly again. we ended up with 14 degrees at the dizzy and 35 at the cam as the vac advance also didn't work and was jammed on permantly... this resulted in when i went for the final test drive with the mechanic in the car to make sure i was happy, i took of slowly flat changed 2nd had wheel spin for about 5 seconds before the little 13's bit down and started to boogie. this gained a responce from the machanic Holy S#@! i've never seen a carby corolla do that!!! lol...

neways a few diff things happened to that red rocket, the only problem was the rate at which it drank fuel, i got approx 250-300kms per tank depending on weather i did highway kays or not also what speed i did those kays. if it was under 110 it was cool 120+ was not... also every 2nd tank was lrp with pro strength octane boost to stop pinging...

my 2nd corolla the seca is boring. standard, manual, red, mags and a cd player... but plans are to put a 4age in it with a bit of work... neways i think i've ranted and raved long enuf.

LONG LIVE THE 82!!!!
Give me a A, Give me an E, Give me a 8, Give me a 2.
Whats it spell AE82!!! lol

Billus
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Sun, 17 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillusMcFlunday wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 15:03

my 2nd corolla the seca is boring. standard, manual, red, mags and a cd player... but plans are to put a 4age in it with a bit of work... neways i think i've ranted and raved long enuf.

Sounds a bit like mine Very Happy
Well at least being a manual, red, mags and a cd player Wink
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 18 July 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive owned 3 of them (read sig)

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 18 July 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hum, maybe i might just have to put the pic back up again.
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 18 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a beutiful ae82, then some fucker did a hit and run at 120km/h! and to top it off, on christmas eve of 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was stock as a rock, with superlows and a 2 inch exhaust if i remember, lol. Did me very well indeed, had a lot of fun with that twinky! anyway thats my rant.
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 18 July 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my ae82, posted it in a thread ages ago but meh. It may be slow, but who cares. It gets me around. I like it. Its not the best car, but its no piece of crap either. It's seen 110 km/h in second gear tho Laughing and stil going as good as it ever has. Needs new suspension tho cos it has more body roll than a fat chick.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/20/10004340rk.jpg
v8xc
Regular

March 2005
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Mon, 18 July 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do the red/green wires on the electronic distributor run to?
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Wed, 20 July 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is my AE82 twinky.. bought it in January this year and have done 10 000kms since then (thats a fair bit since im still at school every day!) the only problems i have encounter was that my starter motor shat itself about 2000kms ago, but it has a reconditioned one now and has no trouble starting on the coldest of mornings!

other than that there hasnt been any troubles since ive had it.. an awesome little car for such a cheap price! thrashes the pants off most small cars ive come to (mirage, lancer, 306..) and even a few ones i didnt expect (AU falcon and almost had a VP commodore which sounded a bit mean!)

it hasnt had any major mods at all really..
-lowered 2inches front and back
-genie headers
-k&n high flow filter
-gay muffler tip (previous owner put it on, doesnt do much for the car but as soon as i get my tax return im getting probably a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2inch cat back exhaust)
-totally hektik TRD sticker on the dash! Razz
-BIG NAAAIGHT sticker on the back window!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4076/therolla20by.th.jpg

behind my brother 4runner.. looks as though it could back straight over the top of my car!!!
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3101/runnernrolla9os.th.jpg

P.S sorry for dodgy photos.. i had to use the camera on my phone!
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: AE82 dedicated thead (everyone else has one) Wed, 20 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous message
i probably should have posted that in members rides...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 GT survivor list in Oz
Next Topic:um, xr4 = sex.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:03:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078670978546143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.