Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Fri, 19 November 2004 07:24 Go to next message
am going from 18r to 1ggte, almost everything is done cept engine mounts, before i go ahead with how I have worked out how to do it, I wouldnt mind seeing anyone elses, 1ggte into celica engine mounts would probably help too.

Cheers

Dust
  Send a private message to this user    
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Sat, 20 November 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
done this a while ago now, but we used two drivers side 18rg mounts elongate the holes slightly and its in (or that could have been passenger side Confused ) was deffinately one of them though.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Sat, 20 November 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, do you still have the car? if so any chance i could see a pic please? Smile
evilldave
Newcomer

November 2004
icon7.gif  Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Sat, 20 November 2004 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile dude i did this conversion before , i had an 84 model hilux , with the 3y 1800 .4spd .. alls i did was used 2 driverside 3y mounts welded up the existing engine mount holes redrilled to suit the 1ggte engine block ... It bolts strait in the existing 2 piece tailshaft fits straight up to the w58 gearbox... it took 2 weeks and it was on the road in no time .. Smile Smile
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Sun, 21 November 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well who the fuck do we have here, its the elustriave evildave, or the phantom, who eats sleeps roots and leaves, then disappears into the night. If only you grew some balls, instead of running away like scared little kitten, to scared to show hes face Rolling Eyes

it all comes out in the wash and you eventually know who your real mates are even if it does take some 26 years Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2004 06:39]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Wed, 24 November 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone could send me a picture of both engine mounts with the 1ggte sitting in the hilux engine bay, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Dust
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Wed, 24 November 2004 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the evil one said, 3y not 18r i fucked up Cool
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Thu, 25 November 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iwent and got some 3y engine mounts today, one side fouls on the oil filter, the other side fouls on the oil return? from the turbos. This is using the forward mounting position, should i be using the rear mounts? can you remember which ones you used when u did the conversion?

Cheers

Dust

edit- using the rear mounting position, it fouls on the exhaust.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 04:22]

evilldave
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts Sun, 05 December 2004 19:03 Go to previous message
yeah dust , i havent been near a computer as im in greece at the moment .. I dont have any photos of my conversion but there is a few guys in sydney that have taken pics of my ute they may be able to help you ... basically you have to slot the engine mounts back to the back holes on the block , grind a little bit of one mount away to make clearence for the oil filter than when the engine is in get your gear box mount and elongate the holes in it and the tail shaft by rights should fit straight in ... the oil lines will have to be remade to suit ..the old hyluxs go quite well with 1ggtte conversions ..any other questions ill try and help you ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much ower does the 3S-GTE give?
Next Topic:help with power windows
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 03:37:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065350532531738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.