Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* { SOLD }

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* { SOLD } Mon, 15 November 2004 07:17 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I yet come back here to see what interest there is in a certain thing. Owell here goes...
It's a Red celica goes really really well and been looked after by a lady owner. ( 2nd owner from near new i belive ).
Great condition throughout including paint ( red colour ) and interior.
It's a 5 speed so i guess thats a plus. Smile Engine is in top noch, ie: engine don't blow smoke and gearbox is good condition ( no slipping nor any gears ripped out ).
Has 12 months rego, only just got done today so you ''l have heaps of rego before you'd have to pay again. Has a 2. something littre engine, i think 2.2 so correct me if im wrong.
Has your standard stock celica rims and decent rubber on the tyres.

Now the only thing thats a downer is it has 320 odd thousand on the clock. Hasn't even had a recon Very Happy yet despite this she still goes strong.

Rough estimite, bring out the offers. I'll get some pics this Sunday . If the offer is high enough you can have it.

Edit: Reason for selling is because it's not getting much use, 3 times a week. Has *not* been driven by any P plate driver so rest assured it aint been giving a flogging.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 December 2004 09:08]

Send a private message to this user    
n0va
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Mon, 15 November 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any pics and asking price
as i may be insterest
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Mon, 15 November 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can get pics this Sunday, *maybe* earlier. Asking is $3100ono which is fairly cheap when you look at the rego, interior and paint.

Edit: Am i asking too much or is it lack of pics?

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 08:59]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Mon, 15 November 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say its the high kms..
Realistically - around $2500 would be a good buy given the condition of the rest of the car...
Also - a picture is worth a thousand words - so that would help too.

Goodluck with the sale. Could have had a buyer if it was in Perth! Rolling Eyes

ps. an '84 is usually 2.4lt 4cyl EFI in case anyone was wondering. Smile

Damo
TRD 83
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 16 November 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price way to high..should look in paper..espeacily with the ksm..go down to around 2500..probly be luky to get 2000
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 16 November 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i'll drop the price down to $2500 and put it on ebay. She was expecting $2800.
If i wasn't honest i could of would the speedo back to 200 and sell but im not that type. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 12:04]

Wezelton
Regular

July 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 23 November 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Realisticly man, they go cheaper than 2500.. alot cheaper, i bought a mint celica ra65 for 1600 with monza seats and a decent sterio.. i would pay 2000 for an absolute mint perfect one.. hope this helps.. peace wes
cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Thu, 25 November 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested But as some of you know it costs around $2200 to recondition a Carby 4cyl engine so I can only imagine reconditioning and over hauling the injection system aswell as a recondition would send the price up near $3000.

oh yeah and prolly more for an engine upgrade considering the $600 engineers certificate alone

ok so could you tell us wether it has been sold yet? and if not at what price is it at?

P.S what part of Sydney are you in?
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Thu, 25 November 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry i've taken so long to reply.
Hasn't been sold. I have dropped the price to a starting price of $2500 and will be placing it on Ebay. I've been working nightshift so i haven't had time to get pics. Cross fingers and you'll see them tommorow.
I can't understand how such a car would cost so much to recon but anyways.
Edit: Would cost that much depending where you go and getting someone else to do it maybe?

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 13:08]

cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Fri, 26 November 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a recon and a rebuild are 2 differant things,
A rebuild is something a bloke does in his back yard when he reccons he's a mechanical engineer and usually involves replacing the rings and a few other bits

a recon it a profeshional Job done where the block is rebored all worn parts are replaced the valve seats get ground, new valves full head service crank ballence, new welsh plugs etc. etc.
and then theres the gearbox sybchro rings getting the fly wheel ground new clutch and so on./ Oh yeah and new injectors, and a clean and service of the air box and air flow sensires and ECU.

Yep we've had one done and it's a big expensive exercise.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Sat, 27 November 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i can safly rule out some things. It's RWD not FWD. It's carbie not Injected.
Chucked in a bonus,

* New Radiator
* Water Pump
* Timing Belt

then on top of that it got fully serviced

Factory sun roof and air con thats works and doesn't leak ! Smile

Here are the pictures, i took heaps so you can see it from all angles, enjoy.
O it's ALWAYS be garaged.

Location is Chester Hill
http://members.optusnet.com.au/shadow0050/

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 03:51]

checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Sun, 28 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last bump before it goes up on Ebay.

Am i asking too much i gather?
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Mon, 29 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Owell, here is the lin to it on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;rd=1&item=4508323293&ssPageName=STRK:ME SE:IT
cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH man LOL I was seriously going to buy this car untill o saw the interior puke brown ....no thankyou

no offence.
cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah man this would've been the perfect car it was straight a manuel , it had the later model flip up lightd and it didn't carry the fuel guzzler 22r engine.

why is there allways a catch?
I wonder how much effert would be involved in changing all of the interiors colour????
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U buy interior on top of $2500 and i'll put it all in for $70 Smile From dash to seats to carpet. Can't beat that. I can get Interior for $350 to $450 or if you can get cheaper; if you buy interior you can have the brown as a spare, if i buy you don't get brown Razz . So all up under $3000 you got yourself the car you want.

** Not doing head linng tho as thats a pain in tha but**
I wouldn't class it as a bad fuel eater. Does 100K's to under 10L.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 06:14]

cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually thats pretty interesting...

what would you do with the seats?
it might be cheap option to get supra seats or something

or maybe just get black seat covers..
please elaberate.
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cloud9crown wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 17:48

actually thats pretty interesting...

what would you do with the seats?
it might be cheap option to get supra seats or something

or maybe just get black seat covers..
please elaberate.

1) Sell the seats as incase i go over budget and to cover fuel/labour of getting another set of interior.. I'll only keep the brown interior if i have to get a interior for you. If you get an interior it's yours.

Im completly open to what you want you want to do. I'll change the interior to what you want for $70 aslong as you know they fit. ( seats, rear seat, carpet, dash, plastics and so forth. Again not the head linning. )

What parts of the interior do you have in mind of changing?

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 07:26]

cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah fair enough about the head lining and the black interior cars have the tan colour aswell so it's no biggy.

i guess it would be the parts i can't cover in black furr eg. the door panels and the dash and all that.

but I don't whant to send it over budget

ok so is using vynal stain an option?
cloud9crown
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hang on does this celi have air conditioning or not???
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Tue, 30 November 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, no problems in getting some black vynel spray, masking up the furr and spraying it black.
The same with the dash ? You planning on leaving the fabric brown?
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: EOI: 84 Celica *12 months rego* *Red* Wed, 01 December 2004 05:34 Go to previous message
Due to some interest i'll bump it back up.... Still for sale.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE93 SX corolla 4sale
Next Topic:WTB ae86 in meblourne, rolling shell or complete car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:20:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059750080108643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.