Classifieds » Parts Wanted » MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Fri, 26 November 2004 01:48 Go to next message
Hi Im looking for two transmission control units to replace the ones currently in my 1992 Toyota Cressida Grande. I am willing to pay postage.
  Send a private message to this user    
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Fri, 26 November 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a pm
Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sat, 27 November 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry about the pm, im kind impatient and have been wanting to get this prob sorted for a while.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 12:49]

celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sun, 28 November 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly I would like to welcome you to the forums. I might have a spare kicking around, ill call you if I do within the next day.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 08:44]

Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sun, 28 November 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the welcome! I have been told that one computer is for the transmission and the other is the main computer. If need be i will only need the transmission one. (I clearly dont know what im talking about!!! But was told id have more luck trying this forum) I am always contactable on my mobile after 11am and up till 1am.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sun, 28 November 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, haven't got one.

I think the transmission control unit is built into the engine computer on the 92 MX83, what seems to be the problem with the exsisting one? I have made a conversion to manually control the auto, so it would be a semi-automatic with 5 gears... If your interested?
Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sun, 28 November 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for looking anyway. The problem i have is that the gears are not shifting properly, if i give it a boot full it wont kick back, that kind of thing.....
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Sun, 28 November 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a model number for your transmission type? I may have one from a 1983 Crown, will check tomorrow morning.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Mon, 29 November 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you checked your transmission oil, kick down cable could be loose etc? I dont think the problem will be in the transmission computer, I could be wrong! Maybe put up a post in Tech & Conversions about your problem and see what people think. Anyhow let me know how you go.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Kate 0418285887 Mon, 29 November 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kate,your trans control is built into the main computer on your mx83.Can you have a transmission person referred by family or friend test drive your car?Good Luck. Smile
edit-who is good for transmissions in Maitland or close by guys?

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 15:31]

Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

Re: Kate 0418285887 Mon, 29 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I took it to ATS and they couldnt find the problem. The only reason I am aware of what it most probably is, is because a friend of my has had a few cressies and his first one had the same thing happen. Eye Spin
Cressie_Chick81
Newcomer

November 2004

Re: MX83 7m Toyota Cressida Transmission Control Units Mon, 29 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah everything seems to be fine (although i dont know where the kick down cable is). I had taken it to ATS and they couldnt source the problem, which really helped. I will just have to see what I come up with. Thanks for your help!!
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: Kate 0418285887 Tue, 30 November 2004 02:12 Go to previous message
kate,beg borrow or steal the main computer from wherever you can and test it without purchasing to test your theory.To access you need to remove some of the dash.the computer is above the glove box interior.I think you remove the hinge screws on the glove box door and the metal catch for the door then the interior light twists out.undo the connector.once glove box is out you will see comp.above it.Youi should be at this point when you plan to pick up and test your helpers computer to test.Good Luck.Pete.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB AE92 Body Kit
Next Topic:AE86 Aus spec passenger headlight
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 02:44:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00701904296875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.