Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4A-GTE
Regular

October 2004
Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 06:58 Go to next message
Hello all,

just trying to source all the belts on a 4A-GZE except the timing belt. ie, Supercharger belt that goes around supercharger, water pump and crank pulley, the belt that goes around the air con compressor and pwr steering pump and the belt that goes around the crank pulley, alternator and air con compressor. Is this the correct setup for the belts for this engine? and where can i buy these three belts? Toyota?? does anyone have part numbers,etc? I am situated in Rockhampton Queensland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Regards,

Daniel
  Send a private message to this user    
4A-GTE
Regular

October 2004
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
measure the length with a flexible tape and go to an auto parts store, belt numbers correspond to length in mm
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just take the belts to auto one, auto pro etc. they will match them up no trouble.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adsport wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 18:28

measure the length with a flexible tape and go to an auto parts store, belt numbers correspond to length in mm

What he said and also remember you should find out how many peaks the belt is. I think the ze is 5 peak, well it is on the charger anmyways.

No belt is specific for a car, it is just the length and number of peaks (if any).

cheers

Jezza
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Main belt , supercharger and waterpump that is = 5PK0940
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and I think the AC one is a bit shorter, something like 5PK0890?? If I remember I'll have a look tomorrow. The PS one is heaps shorter, and I think it's 3 rib. Once again, I'll try and remember to look tomorrow.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are the toyota part numbers:

P/S Aircon Belt - 90916-02179 $32.45
Alternator Belt - 90916-02173 $56.10
Belt, fan 4agze - 90916-02232 $32.45

... that's the descriptions they use, but of course they are a little wrong with the latter two.

Probably cheaper if you get from Repco etc.

4A-GTE
Regular

October 2004
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks witzl, would i just take in the toyota part numbers to repco to course the same belts of would i need their part numbers?

Daniel
4A-GTE
Regular

October 2004
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl,

so the descriptions should probably be this instead:

here are the toyota part numbers:

P/S Aircon Belt - 90916-02179 $32.45 - is really for p/s aircon
Alternator Belt - 90916-02173 $56.10 - is really alternator aircon and crank pulley belt
Belt, fan 4agze - 90916-02232 $32.45 - is supercharger, water pump, crank pulley belt

Is this correct ?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Thu, 25 November 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
their descriptions kind of work... whereby calling it a fan belt inferrs that the belt operates the waterpump to which a clutch fan *would* be attached....
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sourcing 4A-GZE Belts ... help please!! Fri, 26 November 2004 04:49 Go to previous message
your kidding yourself if you get your belts from toyota, they get their belts made elsewhere and just put a hefty mark up on them anyway. do like i said, go to a parts store like auto one NOT REPCO they are fukin rip-offs and hand over your belts and they will give you the exact ones for a pretty good price.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarer stud pattern
Next Topic:Starting Drifting...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:11:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064651966094971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.