Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Very cheap mod (defective)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:06 Go to next message
This is a proven family secret so hush

what you do is chop the muffler off (or unbolt it) then hoon around to your local exhaust shop and ask for a bit o' pipe bent into the shape of the afore metioned muffler. Should cost 'bout $20 and has so far been proven on a RB30 (i think) VL Commodore and 77 Ford XC fairlane 500 with a 302 windsor.

I'm currently in of puttin' 1 in my 'rolla and can't wait.

Anywho have an idea what this would sound like on a GTR skyline, perhaps 150db Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry im confused? are you some kind of moron?
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me, no just your average joe on the dole. Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150dB will almost literally make you vomit.

Anyone who has experienced ABOVE 140dB or who understands sound pressure PROPERLY will understand that such high sound pressures simply mess with your equilibrium and the fluid in your inner ear...

NOT COOL.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey c'mon I AM hearing impair (almost deaf in right ear) so what does it matter if i vomit Freak
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno - but that sort of volume also messes with your bowel functions (as I can vouch for after a particularly loud acdc concert)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's school holidays for about the 50th time this year....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:22

I dunno - but that sort of volume also messes with your bowel functions (as I can vouch for after a particularly loud acdc concert)

That was the music, not the volume. j/k acdc fan from way back.

And yep, schooooools out for summa
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you take the tip off, its just a 150dB fart Surprised
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggo wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:18

Hey c'mon I AM hearing impair (almost deaf in right ear) so what does it matter if i vomit Freak

Also grammar impaired. 150db = receive stupid looks not good looks Rolling Eyes
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the obession with making cars loud? They sound crap when their too loud, ie 1.6 and 1.5's with 4" canon tips on them, its disgusting.

Just because your car is loud doesnt mean its good, it means you have fallen to the dark side of rice, ie "Look at me and my loud car" group, attention whore.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the louder the better

while you are at it i would suggest a big stereo system and also some blue washer jet LEDs
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 09:57

the louder the better

while you are at it i would suggest a big stereo system and also some blue washer jet LEDs

Under car neons anyone?
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Thu, 25 November 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your hearing impaired
whats it matter how loud it is
you cant hear it properly anyway Eye Spin Freak
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ERGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 22:35

it's school holidays for about the 50th time this year....

LOL!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing stuff like that i can understand how he got the hearing issues.
and from my experience having no muffler does make the car go better at all it's quite the opposite.

"There is no point in making a car if people can't hear it way before they see it"
- that bloke from monster garage
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a stupid as idea, watch a hole open up Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing This thread is classic!
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ive got an idea for all you guys with SS intercooler piping too , just get youself some pvc pipes , bends , and plumbers cement .. replace all your SS cooler piping with PVC.. works a treat!

Rolling Eyes
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be so obvoius if any police ever came near your car, instant defect, i don't know why you are bothering making it look like a muffler. Anyway on the subject of illegal modifications, removing your cat converter would probably yield more gains, however alsy the car will fail any emisions test.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tipped 151dB from the subs a while ago... I'll vouch for hearing problems and also stuffs round with your throat and your insides... Never had it up fully when I was in the car though...
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought removing the back of the exhuast system was loud enough.
Just because your bored i got some advice. Get a spre exhuast manifold or use your current one. Where it comes down to two pipes saw that of.
Head down to the local bunnings or hardware shop. Grab some tin. Weld up a big arse cone and weld it on there.

it more work but twice as effective. Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biggo wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 20:24

Me, no just your average joe on the dole. Rolling Eyes

New contender for dong of the year.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Fri, 26 November 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please tell me he is fishing?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Sat, 27 November 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 08:33

Please tell me he is fishing?

Either that, or smoking.. Confused
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Sat, 27 November 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, actually my mate has this done on his rb20det powered silvia. He only did it because his old muffler fell off! Shocked Rolling Eyes

It isn't very loud at all actually? It is about as loud as a regular turbo car with a decent exhaust. Before it was really quiet though?

I don't mind having a moderately loud exhaust. As long as it isn't always like that. Nice and quiet off boost and then a bit louder when you let it rip Razz
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Sat, 27 November 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

my exahust comprises of a 3 inch straight pipe off the back of the turbo all the way to the diff where it turns into a 4 inch straight pipe. no muffling or ressies.

its not that loud driving around, Ive heard cars with mufflers that have been louder, but once u open it up its loud Very Happy

then again mine is a track car and not a street car
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Very cheap mod (defective) Sat, 27 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous message
hmmmm.....

reminds me of a rental bus incident where we unbolted the exhaust just infront of the cat for kicks, after a short drive it was deemed too loud and stupid so we hooked it all up again Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Places in Japan
Next Topic:Crashed my celica! it's a write off!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 17:34:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064208507537842 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.