Toymods » The Outhouse » smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34'

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 16:09

They should make a video full of horrific accidents and make you watch it... to scare the living fuck out of you...

totally agree.

It should be mandatory that you view this everytime you go for a licence upgrade.

Or have a focus group with actual real life victims or who have lost their loved ones in an accident speak.

Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 16:16

79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 16:09

They should make a video full of horrific accidents and make you watch it... to scare the living fuck out of you...

totally agree.

It should be mandatory that you view this everytime you go for a licence upgrade.

Or have a focus group with actual real life victims or who have lost their loved ones in an accident speak.

they do... seen some back in year12 afew years back
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really? wow they didn't have em back when i was in school Confused

but they really should have them at RTA's.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86twinky wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 16:04

ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 15:49

oh its a random breath test! i see..

ahaha and they just "randomly" followed you for the past 3k's to pull you over for this completely "random" test.

gotta love that one

my point exactly

and then after they have done you, they drive iff and pull over another p plater...
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After this horror there have been 2 WRX's destroyed and more lives lost in the past 24hours ...the driver in the second one did survive..both at speed...both young drivers..both torn in half...what is going on!!!!and tomorrow I go to funeral for a 29 yo woman who had an accident at home paling with her kids.....
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 4 cars within the last 3 days... 3 of them being rexies.. i dont know what the fuck is going on, but for young drivers in higher powered cars this isnt very good.....
i was mortified when i saw the gtr ripped in half, but the second rexy accident, the car was in 2 peices too, i mean, ??????????!
the 3rd rex accident, the guy only got a broken leg, but his car was absoloutley demolished...... the seconds one, the maroon one, rolled, and his car seems to have gotten out of it the lightest...... and all 4 accidents in sydney ?
im just waiting to watch the news tomorow to hear of another accident....
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Accidents happen every day. As i am typing this someone has just died in a car crash. and there again. and again. Thats on a global scale ofcourse. (well maybe its a little more spanned out) As for Australia, we have hypo media who like to jump on such stories and make them seem like theyre the only accidents going on. You'll never hear a story about an elderly woman dieing after her car hit a tree in.. tasmania.. (unless its the holiday season). Its sad that they happen Neko.. but its always happened.

Sometimes when im disillusioned I go to this site for evan more disillusionment.... Well it kinda puts thing into perspective.

http://www.worldometers.info/

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 12:13]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The loss of life is a tragedy and I pass on my condolences to the family's involved.

A worrying thing though(other than the loss of life), front pages of news papers like todays Australian I think with a red p plate making up the word Pathetic with the R34 in pieces.

It's almost as if this series of events could be the excuse the government needs to implement their new range of crazy ideas for road reform!

I admit something has to change, but certainly not curfewing 25 year olds. I could wind up being married and living away from home in 3 years time and I'd have to ring my Dad to pick me up from the movies....

Anyway thats off thread topic, but I just had to say it. Again it sucks all these crashes, the loss of life but hopefully people take notice Crying or Very Sad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 23:50

A worrying thing though(other than the loss of life), front pages of news papers like todays Australian I think with a red p plate making up the word Pathetic with the R34 in pieces.

Yeh...i noticed that, and thought oh shit here we go. All of a sudden the media are starting to report all the P plater accidents around the country thats why, normally they'd show the worst ones and it wont seem like there are so many.

Tell your family and friends to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, and not do crazy shit
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just hope they don't end up targeting car enthusiasts.

It sucks that those people lost their lives, the driver should have survived - that way he'd have to live with it.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work up at Gosford used to see this car driving around heaps but with the dad driving.

In short dad was oversea's and told son not to touch his car, yet his son took it for a spin picked up two people from gosford station who he had just became friends with 20min before hand as the other guy had an interest in cars, told him he would take him for a spin so the 33yr old got into the car with his pregnant 15year old girlfriend the 19 or 20 year old driver decided to show them what the car can do.

hit a dip in the road got airborn hit the pole car ripped into two leaving the rear of the car wraped around the pole with the 15yr old girl in it and the front half landed 20m away with the two males being thrown from the car.

the impact was so great it ripped the bell housing off the engine and so forth.

sure shit like this happens but i'm personally more worried about a 33 year old male with a 15 year old girl friend expecting a baby!!!!!!!!!

what the driver did was stupid

what the 33year old passenger had done was down right wrong and against all morrals
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sat, 27 November 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what a 700hp monster can do...rip it into two...
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this just agravates me
sure the driver caused the accident yet the lives of the driver and passangers might had been spared if the vehicle had a rollcage and/or racing harneses
the prohibitive mesaures to having these engineered probably are why if they wrent in the vehicle werent installed
shits me that revenue is more important than a safer engineered vehicle
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so a rollcage would stop a car from getting split in 2?
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothings a certian in this world yet prevention is better than cure
id rather have the right to have a rpofessionally installed rollcage and racing harneses to strengthen the chassis that rely upon dumb luck
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think anything could withstand a blow at 150km/h, not even a car made out of kevlar! the force is just too great.

i was going down the freeway the other day at 140km/h and pictured hitting a pole at that speed, found it pretty terifying, and can't imagine anything that would survive that impact.

then i backed off like a sissy Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a roll cage would stop a car from splitting in two look at many of the rally accidents and also graig Lowndes crash in the v8's a few years ago these accidents happen at high speeds and the cars haven't split in two.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but you have to remember there was a street pole involved, which diced it up in the middle.

but as mentioned, prevention better than cure
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but when rallying car are regularly wrapped around trees which are very similar to power poles and when graig lowndes rolled the car it roll across the concrete barrier that would have literally sliced a normal car in half as it rolled along it.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, come to think of it, i remember peeping inside the R34 at CRD, faintly remember seeing a cage inside, can anyone confirm this?

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Sun, 28 November 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this is the end result of one dead driver taking two other people out with him:
New restrictions for learner drivers:
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11 530975%255E1702,00.html
or this (fairfax registration required):
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/More-guidance- less-torque-the-Pplate-plan/2004/11/29/11015773816 81.html

NSW minister for Roads said .. exemptions would apply in "limited circumstances" but urged people to comment on the passenger restriction and high-powered vehicle ban within two weeks.

Given the past record of the NSW government in listening to public comment (when all they do is probably sample Laws et al) the two week period will simply be opportunity for more public comment (e.g. grandstanding) encouraging even tighter restrictions...

Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The stupidest thing is though if p-platers are so dangerous by imposing a passenger limit you will be putting more on the road. Doubling the hours to 100 for l-platers means shit all to the honest ppl like me who actually did fifty hours will be disadvantaged I could of passed the test after say 20. The ppl that fudge their hours now still will ans thus it has fuck all effect in helping improve driver training, the problem lies in the ppl that don't complete the hours and if they are still not completing the hours it has nil effect.
Night time curfews are the biggest load of shit ever, in other countrties they talk about reducing accidents by 30%, well if you take 8 hours out of a fucking day you'd hope you'd reduce the toll especially when they are driving for 33% less time thus it is even having an even proportional effect.
The only reason the government is focusing on p-platers at the moment is that it takes the focus of the trains hospitals and the fact that many of sydney's roads are just b-grade. The main road in Campbelltown, Campbelltown is an absolute shitter it has been for years and yet they won't fix it up.
The truth is they need to impliment better driver training enforcing ppl to undergo advanced driver training courses and the like.
The media has a lot of impact on this subject and there beat up has caused mass hysteria about how dangerous p-platers are. They talk about the spate of accidents last week, two woopdy fucking do involving p-platers, and it had been ages since the last. The third was a so called experienced driver in his 30's that will not be affected by the new legislation anyway.
I agree with limiting the power to weight ratio of cars for p-platers but most of the other options are utter bs.
They want to reduce drink driving by incoruaging designated drivers but how can one be a designated driver when you can only have one person in your car. The new system will see a massive collapse in profits for pubs and clubs cost employees and universities money through wasted time with them having to fill in form saying that such and such an employee/student will be exempt from your bs legislation cos he/she has to work/study.
As has already been said even limiting power just pushes the problem back until ppl are off there p's.
Another problem with the proposed ideas is generally the legislation cannot be back dated thus any changes will only affect people getting there p's after the legislation is brought in, how do police tell the difference do we bring in blue p plates for the new drivers.
An article written by Miranda Devine in The Sun herald also poses a legitimate argument for p-platers. When they increased the number of years on your p's to three it greatly increases the number of ppl on there p plates. Yet as percentages say there is catually less p-plater fatalities per 100000 p-platers than there was in 1990. It has dropped from around 35 to 19 per 100000 this alone is only .019% so I's hardly call it an alarming figure.
Considering how many youths die from sucide and drug related incidents I think the government needs to reaim its focus.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 00:29]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually coronart142 doublign the hours means more hours experience
be interestign to see what they "limit" p platers to power wise
maybe theres a positive out of this
if you desire a car thats too powerful for you while on p plates yet plan to keep it maybe this will open up the restrictive ecu mods area by allowing aftermarket units to be detuned and installed on these more powerfull cars to limit the cars power and top speed
imagine some form of pincode could be used to bring the ecu back to normal tune if the car is used by multiple persons and then is up to the parents for responsibility etc
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i am thinking is what happens tp P platers who currently own high powered vehicles?

Do the RTA come knocking on their doors and 'take the keys' ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't understand what I'm getting at. ATM many many ppl just fudge the hours these are the ppl that are having the accidents, thus by doubling the hours they double the fudging and fuck all happens.
The honest ppl will be better off but eventually even they will get sick of it. It is alomst impossibel for soem families to give driving lessons regualry cos they just don't have the time yet to pay for say even half of the lessons professionally you are looking at say 50hrs at $40-$60 an hours that's up to $3000 just to qualify to get the licence plus the costs of tests etc will increase it further.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 09:44

what the 33year old passenger had done was down right wrong and against all morrals

Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

An article written by Miranda Devine in The Sun herald also poses a legitimate argument for p-platers.

yes it was a fantastic article. Certainly the most "reasoned" article I have read so far on this whole topic.

P-Plater deaths are in fact DOWN by almost 30% DESPITE the fact that the length of having a p-plate has increased 300%.

I wish everyone would just shut up. The driver of the R34 was disobeying the law anyway, what makes anyone anywhere think that adding another law will stop it? it's crazy. And he had disobeyed his dad. The law had done it's job. end of story.

The point is, you cannot legislate against stupidity. You can perchance, educate.

edit: everyone being not you guys, but all the crap I readin the paper and stuff Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 01:37]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 11:37

Quote:

An article written by Miranda Devine in The Sun herald also poses a legitimate argument for p-platers.

yes it was a fantastic article. Certainly the most "reasoned" article I have read so far on this whole topic.

wow - first time i've considered a article/column by Miranda as 'reasoned' ...

seriously: regardless of the sense in the debate, this will probably resolved thru power (and unfluence) of the media... shamereally, as there's a lot more important issues that they could resolve in the favour of the publc.

i'm surprised this (current issue) hasn't been used to beat up holden and ford for their current crop of performance vehicles...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

first time i've considered a article/column by Miranda as 'reasoned' ...

lol yeah I know.. usually I don't particularly like her stuff, but her voice was the only voice of moderation

everybody else is knee-jerking so bad I am sure they all have bruised chins

here is the article fellas

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Miranda-Devine/Say-what -you-like-about-teen-drivers-but-fatalities-are-do wn/2004/11/27/1101495457392.html
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like the government to define "high-powered" because it is being thrown around a lot...

Should be around 150kw per tonne?

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 15:57

I would like the government to define "high-powered" because it is being thrown around a lot...

Should be around 150kw per tonne?

i know in victoria a high-powered vehicle is classed as one with 125kw/tonne or more.... Surprised
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Latest news is that John Brogden is apposing any idea of a curfew on p-platers yay.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/spooky/Monaro.htm

if you havent seen this b4 close ur eyes
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
police now suspect the car was doing 180-200km/h.

I'm a Green P-Plater with a love of fast cars (even though i drive a rolla sx), but i have the sense of knowing when and when not to drive in such manner. But Unforunately there are some who dont have that sense.

Brining in restrictions can only do so much, a lower power car can cause the same amount of damage, but some higher powered cars have more safety features (ABS, Traction Control, stability management, airbags, etc.)

Restrictions too cause problems, curfews make it hard for those honest young people who work their asses off at night to save up for a car or deposit on a house, or help the famly out to pick up a sibling. Passenger restrictions will put more cars on the road causing congestion when groups of young people go out, even more chanced of accos.

Power restrictions seem to be the only "solution" but i see a few problems: One car families that have the a Commodore or Falcon. I'm an apprentice mechanic on Green P's and i work on Porsches & Other Prestige Sports Cars to make a dollar, power restrictions would make it very hard for me to do my job.

Edcuation is the key, but they need to educate younger drivers on changing their attitude, not just how to drive better.

Take for example a friend of mine - a red p-plater. He tears around in his Camira with poor brakes & shot suspension, he has spent more money on the sound system than on fixing its problems. Had a close call with another friend of mines car trying to race through a roundabout. He doesnt accept criticism about his driving the usual reply is "oh shut up i'm not the one who has had 5 cars and 2 accidents"

My Fear is put him through an advanced driving course will make him drive more like a tool -the whole "I've done an advanced driving course therefore i can drive faster than anyone else"

They need a form of driver education that teaches better car control for when something goes wrong AND how to prevent it from happening in the first place. like has been said watch a graphical video before receiving their licence.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 11:40]

Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is some food for thought.

Research has shown the more peers you add to a car driven by a p-plater you increase the chance of an accident(not sure of the actual figure).

Now if you were to add passenger restrictions only 2 passengers in a car driven by a p -plater instead of 1 car with 3 passengers and driver we have 2 cars, 2 drivers and 2 passengers going to the same destination using the same route at the same time. Whats the chance of an accident now i think it will be even higher? how will this be policed? well sorry you are X times more likely to have an accident so now p-platers are only allowed to hang out with one friend. is this the way its going to go?

i'd like to hear other peoples views on this topic.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lastest news,
It 1 pasanger only applys to p platers under 26, because of children.

What happens if your mum wants you to drive her to the shopping center with your little brother? Is there restictions on that? if so why can a L Plater drive more then 1 passanger?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if your a fucking parent under 26

for fucks sake
this will never pass

what about the 1 sober p plater with the 4 pissed ones
and those toehr 4 now need to find a way home, ahh they can drive home!

4 more dead humans...

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 09:29

i don't think anything could withstand a blow at 150km/h, not even a car made out of kevlar! the force is just too great.

ok food 4 thought
kevlar bullet proof vests
theyre designed to stop sub-sonic projectiles designed to pierce anything
i believe its possible to strengthen a cr with chassis strengthening cage and harneses enough to stop a major percentage of major injuries and fatalities yet will this happen ?
ofuckingcoursenot were talking ablout lost revenue and thats more important than your or my life
dont kid yourself ppls
we are nothign but statistics to the media and governing bodies
we arent humans with individual stories unitl its convenient for them
write/emailvoice your opinions upon this so soemthign CONSTRUCTIVE is done for once rather than revenue raising beuracratic bullshit
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fucken Dick head with somthing to prove kills 3 :( Mon, 29 November 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

150km/h in a 50 zone.

Can happen to us anytime, I've seen this car on a number of a occasions with admiration

What a fucken dickhead

killed 2 ppl for wat nothing

sad sad thing RIP all who died

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 13:36]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:32

BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:15

For a car to tear into 2 pieces its safe to say they were well and truly speeding.

In my opinion P platers should:

- Be banned from driving v8's
- Be banned from driving forced induction cars
- Have strict power: weight ratio enforced

Nice and simple like victoria in this respect.

and 700hp is just plain silly for a p plater.

Im on my Ls,i havnt had the chance to drive a v8, you honestly think im going to wait till i get of my Ps. Im not just talking for me but all L platers we want to feel the power just as much as you all got to but to a certain extent. This is so hipacritacal i know you have all been threw it but i think we have our own right to choose to do the right or wrong thing. Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

It's moronic attitudes like this that fuck it up for the rest of us P platers. In fact, you're not even there yet. From memory mommy and daddy bought your car didn't they?
You know what?
I think if the kid driving the GTR or anyone else actually bought the car themselves with their own hard earned money and paid for their own registration, insurance etc. it would make them think twice before doing stupid shit because THEY would have to foot the bill.
I've just realised the people I know whose parents buy them $60,000 cars are the ones crashing into poles and having accidents. Why? They don't feel responsible. If anything goes wrong their parents will simply pay for it.
Mate, you go out and work and buy yourself a car and pay for everything yourself. Then go crash your car and let us know if it was worth it. Maybe you can kill a couple of people while you're at it.
F*cking d*ckhead.
I hope you're never allowed to drive.

Someone said maybe they should raise the minimum age to 20. Although people need to start driving to and from work, from attitudes like this you can see where that kind of thinking comes from.

Once again, I hope you never get behind the wheel.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no legislation against human stupidity...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesnt matter how strong your car is... going from 150+ to 0 in less than a second INSTANTLY turns you into mush
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember starting out on my P's I drove MUCH worse when I had a full car AND had the music on.
I'm one of the oldest among my friends and was the first to get my P's. I remember how weird it felt driving alone for the first time. I'd gone down the street to the shops on my L's but I mean there were hardly any cars and it was just down the street. I see it the same as a father letting their son bring the car into the driveway.
I'm just thinking back and I remember bumping the kerb and my parking was a bit shaky for the first 2-3 weeks on my P's.
Here is a typical situation. You're driving home from school and you have 4 idiots in the car. They yell and scream and you have music playing and they're so excited to be in the car. You know where some of them live and then it's time to drop someone off and you've got no idea where they live. Now you have to listen to directions. You keep driving. They don't say anything.
"Which way?"
"Oh, keep going straight"

"Hey man, which way now?"
"Oh turn right".
Uh-oh. I'm near the end of the road and I'm in the LEFT lane. I indicate right. Nobody lets me in. I don't move my car and edge into the lane. I didn't know about sticking my hand out the window. I'm still indicating and nobody wants to let me in. Getting frustrated now. Let's move a little bit shall we? Have a look. Whoops cars coming. Damn. People are honking and getting pissed off now. The music is still playing. All my friends who can't drive are giving me advice and I want them to shut up. Let's try now.
I move into the right lane and almost hit a car and get honked at but make it. Hmmm.. my car is a lot slower with 5 people in it. The handling is different and I have to accelerate harder.
OK now I continue driving and I'm pissed off. Why the f*ck couldn't my friend tell me sooner? I'm doing HIM a favour. I don't say anything though. I just sit there. Repeatedly asking him where to go. I'm very stressed.

This all took place in about 2 minutes but stuff like this kept happening. I've never had an accident but you can see how that kind of situation could easily end up a lot worse.
I ended up telling my friends to shut up and not make noise and let me know early where I'm going. When my friend got her P's she told me that she drove a full carload of people and her friend was asking her how come your driving got so bad. She too felt shaky driving with all the extra people. She drives a brand new 206 so it didn't really affect her car that much but mentally it was very distracting for her. She couldn't pay attention to the road when her friends were asking her to change the radio station etc.
In my case I told my friends to shut up but she's a very quiet person so she just put up with it.
Luckily she's ok with it now.

The most common situation in which P platers are involved in accidents (maybe even fatalities) is when there are 2 or more passengers and music is present. Either they're not used to it or they think they're a hero.

However. If you've gone out at night, you don't want to leave your mates behind and let them catch the train or bus. Public transport can be dangerous for anyone and especially girls.

I really don't think there is a solution. Maybe encourage driving a couple of times (when the Learner is confident) with a carload of people and purposely being noisy?
When I drove my dad wouldn't let me turn on any music because he insisted I had 100% concentration. If I had gotten used to driving with music then it definitely would've made the situation of having lots of people in the car making noise more comfortable.

It comes down to experience. People can always be hoons but when you get older it's just less likely because through EXPERIENCE you know it's not worth it. If a 40 year old WAS being a hoon, his years of EXPERIENCE will see that he gets out of a situation far better than any P plater.

P platers (and I'm generalising here because I'm sure there are individuals that can drive a lot better than many people on the road) lack the experience that acts as a catalyst in their attitude to driving and road safety.
You know when you tell a 15 year old not to do something they'll go on do it anyway. To look cool or for curiosity or whatever the reason.
In the same way, people older than us - through EXPERIENCE - know that if we get hold of high powered monsters we will want to trash the shit out of them. By limitting our ability to get behind the wheel of them, it WILL save lives.
Is it really that big an ask anyway? It's only a 3 year wait.
Neko said if you tell someone they can't drive a high powered car until they are off their P's:
1. It might be like learning to drive again because of the totally new experience in power and
2. They will just wait even longer (once they get their full license instead of Provisional license) to speed.

It may be like learning to drive again but they will have been driving for 3 years. With this will bring a change in attitude and improved skills.
After they get on their full license, with far more than 6 months experience behind them they will be better equipped to handle a high power car and I personally think that desire for speed will be overcome by a sense of responsibility.

While I don't believe in curfew and passenger restrictions, I am all for imposing power restrictions on P platers.

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Most 40yo drivers wouldn't even be doing that sort of stupid driving in the first place. As you get older you realise that you're not indestructible. You may have a wife and children and life becomes more precious as you age.

I think a 700hp passenger vehicle is ridiculous in any form. Why do you need that much HP for the road? You want a 700hp car, then put it on the race track where it belongs, not on the roads which are used by everyone.

Who cares about kevlar and roll-cages. Why do you want to protect and preserve the life of an idiot?

If they didn't hit a telegraph pole, they could of landed into someone's house and there could be a lot more carnage.

Driver education is only a partial solution. Some people go to school for many years and still come out as dumb as shit. You can't put brains in statues. Some people never learn.

seeyuzz
river

The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its all in GODs will who know there probually in a better place now Crying or Very Sad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
thu187 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 07:14

I remember starting out on my P's I drove MUCH worse when I had a full car AND had the music on.
I'm one of the oldest among my friends and was the first to get my P's. I remember how weird it felt driving alone for the first time. I'd gone down the street to the shops on my L's but I mean there were hardly any cars and it was just down the street. I see it the same as a father letting their son bring the car into the driveway.
I'm just thinking back and I remember bumping the kerb and my parking was a bit shaky for the first 2-3 weeks on my P's.
Here is a typical situation. You're driving home from school and you have 4 idiots in the car. They yell and scream and you have music playing and they're so excited to be in the car. You know where some of them live and then it's time to drop someone off and you've got no idea where they live. Now you have to listen to directions. You keep driving. They don't say anything.
"Which way?"
"Oh, keep going straight"

"Hey man, which way now?"
"Oh turn right".
Uh-oh. I'm near the end of the road and I'm in the LEFT lane. I indicate right. Nobody lets me in. I don't move my car and edge into the lane. I didn't know about sticking my hand out the window. I'm still indicating and nobody wants to let me in. Getting frustrated now. Let's move a little bit shall we? Have a look. Whoops cars coming. Damn. People are honking and getting pissed off now. The music is still playing. All my friends who can't drive are giving me advice and I want them to shut up. Let's try now.
I move into the right lane and almost hit a car and get honked at but make it. Hmmm.. my car is a lot slower with 5 people in it. The handling is different and I have to accelerate harder.
OK now I continue driving and I'm pissed off. Why the f*ck couldn't my friend tell me sooner? I'm doing HIM a favour. I don't say anything though. I just sit there. Repeatedly asking him where to go. I'm very stressed.

This all took place in about 2 minutes but stuff like this kept happening. I've never had an accident but you can see how that kind of situation could easily end up a lot worse.
I ended up telling my friends to shut up and not make noise and let me know early where I'm going. When my friend got her P's she told me that she drove a full carload of people and her friend was asking her how come your driving got so bad. She too felt shaky driving with all the extra people. She drives a brand new 206 so it didn't really affect her car that much but mentally it was very distracting for her. She couldn't pay attention to the road when her friends were asking her to change the radio station etc.
In my case I told my friends to shut up but she's a very quiet person so she just put up with it.
Luckily she's ok with it now.

The most common situation in which P platers are involved in accidents (maybe even fatalities) is when there are 2 or more passengers and music is present. Either they're not used to it or they think they're a hero.

However. If you've gone out at night, you don't want to leave your mates behind and let them catch the train or bus. Public transport can be dangerous for anyone and especially girls.

I really don't think there is a solution. Maybe encourage driving a couple of times (when the Learner is confident) with a carload of people and purposely being noisy?
When I drove my dad wouldn't let me turn on any music because he insisted I had 100% concentration. If I had gotten used to driving with music then it definitely would've made the situation of having lots of people in the car making noise more comfortable.

It comes down to experience. People can always be hoons but when you get older it's just less likely because through EXPERIENCE you know it's not worth it. If a 40 year old WAS being a hoon, his years of EXPERIENCE will see that he gets out of a situation far better than any P plater.

P platers (and I'm generalising here because I'm sure there are individuals that can drive a lot better than many people on the road) lack the experience that acts as a catalyst in their attitude to driving and road safety.
You know when you tell a 15 year old not to do something they'll go on do it anyway. To look cool or for curiosity or whatever the reason.
In the same way, people older than us - through EXPERIENCE - know that if we get hold of high powered monsters we will want to trash the shit out of them. By limitting our ability to get behind the wheel of them, it WILL save lives.
Is it really that big an ask anyway? It's only a 3 year wait.
Neko said if you tell someone they can't drive a high powered car until they are off their P's:
1. It might be like learning to drive again because of the totally new experience in power and
2. They will just wait even longer (once they get their full license instead of Provisional license) to speed.

It may be like learning to drive again but they will have been driving for 3 years. With this will bring a change in attitude and improved skills.
After they get on their full license, with far more than 6 months experience behind them they will be better equipped to handle a high power car and I personally think that desire for speed will be overcome by a sense of responsibility.

While I don't believe in curfew and passenger restrictions, I am all for imposing power restrictions on P platers.

WERD my friend.

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 06:29

For a car to tear into 2 pieces its safe to say they were well and truly speeding.

Im on my Ls,i havnt had the chance to drive a v8, you honestly think im going to wait till i get of my Ps. Im not just talking for me but all L platers we want to feel the power just as much as you all got to but to a certain extent. This is so hipacritacal i know you have all been threw it but i think we have our own right to choose to do the right or wrong thing. Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

It's moronic attitudes like this that fuck it up for the rest of us P platers. In fact, you're not even there yet. From memory mommy and daddy bought your car didn't they?
You know what?
I think if the kid driving the GTR or anyone else actually bought the car themselves with their own hard earned money and paid for their own registration, insurance etc. it would make them think twice before doing stupid shit because THEY would have to foot the bill.
I've just realised the people I know whose parents buy them $60,000 cars are the ones crashing into poles and having accidents. Why? They don't feel responsible. If anything goes wrong their parents will simply pay for it.
Mate, you go out and work and buy yourself a car and pay for everything yourself. Then go crash your car and let us know if it was worth it. Maybe you can kill a couple of people while you're at it.
F*cking d*ckhead.

Someone said maybe they should raise the minimum age to 20. Although people need to start driving to and from work, from attitudes like this you can see where that kind of thinking comes from.

Thats funny becuase from memory Rolling Eyes i work my ass of i have 2 jobs and i bought my own 2 cars. Im not going to bother swearing my head of because its just not worth it. I have been behind the the wheel and you better stay the fuck outa my way Twisted Evil as i said for the 50th time P really means freedom for us L Platers.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Mon, 29 November 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Monaro was in my local area, but once again comes from acts of stupidity and breaking the law several, he STOLE the car from the storage yard, was speeding ran from police and hit a tree on the infamous appin road and the engine ended up 50m away from the rest of the car. The guy shouldn't be doing any of the stuff he did and paid the ultimate price.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 09:51

thu187 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 06:29

You know what?
F*cking d*ckhead.

Thats funny becuase from memory Rolling Eyes i work my ass of i have 2 jobs and i bought my own 2 cars. Im not going to bother swearing my head of because its just not worth it. I have been behind the the wheel and you better stay the fuck outa my way Twisted Evil as i said for the 50th time P really means freedom for us L Platers.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/spooky/Monaro/MVC-047S.JPG
theres ur v8
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm Gen 111 goodness. One engine complete some minor damage few leaves going cheap
ps this is what happens when inexperienced wannabes drive high powered cars. nick2b calm down mate otherwise you'll end up like these ppl. While it might be well and great to have a fast car, your life is far more important.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 00:12]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 11:10

mmm Gen 111 goodness. One engine complete some minor damage few leaves going cheap
ps this is what happens when inexperienced wannabes drive high powered cars. nick2b calm down mate otherwise you'll end up like these ppl. While it might be well and great to have a fast car, your life is far more important.

u telling it like it is... WERD

edit:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/spooky/beetle2.jpg
DAM YOU KE70! its a red light

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 00:21]

DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the truth is people still and will drive high powered cars when there 18, events like this will always reflect badly on the modifing sceane, the goverment/ media will all ways twist things and use them against groups for as long as they want to, driver training is a good solution, but the amount it helps drivers who want the skill, it will always make cocky drivers more over-confident, and there will always be horrific accidents.

while the goverment are single out young drivers with imported/ performance vechiles, young driver attitudes are only going to get worse,

things have to be done to make drivers want to make drivers drive sensibly, and not something like drive right, were the used it to send out unpaid speeding and parking fines, they have to open up race tracks were its not a hard task for all those "hoons" to take their cars, and less stereo-typing.

drivers attitudes wont change unless they want to change it, simple as that.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 07:08

Doesnt matter how strong your car is... going from 150+ to 0 in less than a second INSTANTLY turns you into mush

that be true yet if the object hitting the other object @ 150 is of similar structural strenght it will ricochett off into an uncontrolable spin
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 07:06

There is no legislation against human stupidity...

and no law or legislation will stop it
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Tue, 30 November 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a tad off-topic, last night along king georges road i saw a p plater driving SEXR6 (ford xr6) speed up to an r33 (i was behind the skyline) and the xr6 egged the r33 to race. needless to say they took off into the distance. dont they watch the news?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 01 December 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 09:51

You either really missed the point of this thread, or you are just a complete fucktard.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 01 December 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was once on my p's and i know whats its like when you first get your license and you want to drive fast.

i had an RA23 when i first got my license, then two years later i drove a new V6 commodore and thought "shit this has some power"

then started working and drove a WRX and thought "fuck" i couldn't think quick enough and thought it was a rocket.

since then i have driven an E55 360Kw of power supercharged V8

and lastly the most powerful car i have driven was an SL65
with 460Kw of power and limited to 1000Nm at the flywheel

and now that is a fast car, yet i have the ability of being able to handle it aswell as the maturity.

when you first get your license you need a year or two in a low powered car to learn car control. "yes i know when you first get your license you think your the worlds best driver" been there done that. but when you get older you will think back and realise you were an idiot.

and as time goes on you should be able to slowly step up to more powerful cars.

personally cars like the E55 and SL65 you should need a special license to drive one as they are insane the amount of power

but i did an advanced driving course, which didn't make me think i was now a better driver, all it did was make me be more aware of other road users and learn how to react in an emergency situation, and how to keep yourself alive on the road from other idiots.

and i think everyone should do a course like that as i reckon it would make a difference on the road toll.

and for all of those young tools out there who can't wait to get off your p's to drive something fast then do what i used to do.

go join a car club $50

then every weekend there is some sort of event on, go to rally events and learn how to control a car on a loose surface such as dirt, mud ect.
or go to a trackday out at oran park or eastern creek and fly around the race track as fast as you like.

get your speed out of your system that way rather then on public roads.

i went to car club events before i even had my l's and i think that is where i learnt all my car control from, as you can go flat out and spin the car or whatever and not worry about hitting anything,

i also did a rally driving course which tought me everything i needed to know about driving in wet weather how to control understeer and oversteer ect.

and the advanced driving course tought me how to be responsable and sensable on the road.

i might not be here today if i didn't do those courses as there has been many a time where i have nearly gone into a rock wall due to understeer or slid side on into an armco from oversteer but becuase i've had the practice in controling the car in those condition's in a safe environment i therefor had the ability to save my life when it really counted.

also as for the rollcage talk, well your an idiot if you think they couldn't safe your life hitting a pole at 150km/h

watch the rally scene for a year see the kinds or crashes they have hitting tree's at speeds far greater then 150km/h and they all survive.

the difference is this, you put a cosmetic rollcage in your car, means fuck all looks good you might feel safe and it might be cheaper yet when it really counts it wont save your life,

spend decent money and get an FAI approved roll cage fitted to your car and i would feel safe doing 200km/h along a dirt track with tree's on either side. as i know if i hit one then i have a very good chance of surviving.

look at Simon Evans this year.

hit a tree stump into his drivers door at like 140 or 150km/h maybe even more and what happened? he broke his thigh bone.

so for those out there who say a rollcage wont save your life

then you are most likely the idiots on the roads who will end up taking your life and someone else's with you as you musn't be pretty stupid and unactached from reality.

anyway none of that probably makes any sense but i had to say it.

1:no more then two passengers in the car with a p plater.

2:power to weight ratio restriction's

3:compulsary advanced driving course

and for your own safety join a car club $50 to join around $50 every event and you can compete against other drivers in a safe environment and get all of your speed out of your system rather then doing it on our public roads.

or if you do choose to speed then do it by yourself and at 2am on a road in the middle of nowhere so you can see headlights of cars coming from the other direction and if you do fuck up then the only life taken is your own.

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 01 December 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i disagree with v8's, those ole 253 one tonner utes dont go that fast...

a restiriction on power/weight is probably a good idea, but the cops wound need to drive around with a dyno!
as a p plater no more than one passenger would help out a bit, ive seen car loads of poeple hooning around, its risking way too many lives, although i think a driver is just as likely to boot it carrying one passenger as 4

[Updated on: Wed, 01 December 2004 08:27]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 01 December 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Wed, 01 December 2004 19:20

Quote:

i disagree with v8's, those ole 253 one tonner utes dont go that fast...

a restiriction on power/weight is probably a good idea, but the cops wound need to drive around with a dyno!
as a p plater no more than one passenger would help out a bit, ive seen car loads of poeple hooning around, its risking way too many lives, although i think a driver is just as likely to boot it carrying one passenger as 4

Problem with making an exception to the rule is then people will modify the existing engine, or swap in a bigger v8.

By banning them all together, it removes any potential loop holes.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 01 December 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quote:

restricting the number of passengers would just result in more cars on the road anyway. then the risk would be even greater Confused
a power to weight ratio would be the most reasonable option there, all the others have major problems
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:computer gurus look in
Next Topic:STARGATE FANS?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:15:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010110139846802 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.