Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
JJJ Fri, 26 November 2004 04:44 Go to next message
Anyone listen to Adam and Wil's last ever show? It was great! And im extremely happy to hear Jay and Lindsay are the host for next year. They were GREAT when the did the arvo shift while Chris and Craig were doing the election thingo.
Does anyone know what Adam's getting up to next year apart from baby and wedding?
  Send a private message to this user    
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Fri, 26 November 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i listened to the last half hour of it...it was pretty good... i reakon the stink and doyles would be awesome if they had a bit more confidence tho...those guys are funny
but jay and the dr should be tops....
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: JJJ Fri, 26 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah the stink is mad, i hope he still does appearances next year.
Adam and Wil were better than merrick and rosso imo.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft Triple J, Triple M rocks!!

James Brayshaw, Brigitte Duclose, Pete Berner, Tim Smith with Fitzy in the morning on The Cage, Mick Molloy, Robyn Butler, Alan Brough mid-monring with Tough Love, then Fifi Box and Marty Sheargold with Byron Cooke in the arvo with the Shebang.

seriously Triple M must have paid an absolute packet to get all these guys together, and its paid off, some of the absolute funniest live comedy and radio ive ever heard. 3 awesome shows, all with recognised stand-ups and general comedians. plus the music is pretty good too lol!! Very Happy

i thought JJJ wasnt even on the radio anymore, thought the station was bought out or disbanded or something. Confused
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they paying you to write this stuff? seriously - do you like the sound of these commercial radio tossers? why?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ads...
god i hate radio ads..
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 20:43

are they paying you to write this stuff? seriously - do you like the sound of these commercial radio tossers? why?

haha obviously you dont appreciate Australian comedy, and i pity you for that. how are they "commercial radio tossers"? have you ever listened to their shows? a majority of the hosts on Triple M didnt even begin their careers on radio, they worked hard yards on Australia's stand-up circuit and on television to make it to where they are today. Triple M isnt the most "mainstream" radio station out there either, so i cant see that they are copping out by doing radio, which is what i think you're trying to imply here.

i would have thought that moving to radio would be a posituve career move, you get a good audience, on a strong network, and hell i know i wouldnt mind Triple M paying my wages with the amount of profit they make.

btw Chuckster, what station(s) do you listen to? community radio perhaps? Rolling Eyes
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no fight between jjj and commercial radio...

if u know wat music u like listen to jjj if u want someone to tell u wat u like u listen to commercial radio...

triple j were about 6 months late on that jimmy eat world song the middle...1 whole year later...(18months after release) triple m claimed it to be there "new stuff" (tuff radio voice)
i cant stand it..
go the j's....

try coma.fm its new and u might like it..... Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its late and I cbf writing much so I'll keep it brief...
Commercial radio sucks in general.
- Triple J is brave enough to play new songs from new bands... Commercial radio plays old mainstream stuff and just calls it new.
- There is a lot of Australian music on Triple J
- Triple J have live music from their studios quite regularly.
- Ads suck balls... Triple J has no ads.
- Triple J presenters oviously are required to have a brain to get a job there... Commercial radio presenters only sometimes have brains. Sadly those that are endowed with brain matter rarely use it on commercial stations.

To sum up, Triple J is better than most of the crap that surrounds it on the FM dial.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Sat, 27 November 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the commercial stations try to fill their mandatory australian content requirements at odd hours, which doesnt support aussie artists. JJJ makes it a point to support our artists regardless of genre too!

its a funny situation as the government funded JJJ ends up having more free space for political and other commentary (well mainly satire) while the commercial radio stations are tied up with sponsors so they have to watch what they say and what they say is usually boring "do u know what happened to me the other day" shit.

as for supporting aussie comedians, ever heard of Will Anderson? or the guys from CNNNN (today today today segment)? last i heard they were aussie comedians as well.

as for the triple M isnt the most mainstream station comment LOL it is owned and run by the Austereo network which owns the 2 most commercial stations out there!!!!

j00 d00 teh math!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

your fave radio station[ 21 vote(s) ]
1.Triple j 15 / 71%
2.Triple M 4 / 19%
3.Nova 2 / 10%
4.96.1 0 / 0%

No Message Body

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polls are the worst way to judge the merits of something.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i realise that but i noticed a lot of jjj fans on here...more than i expected so im just curious...
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with community radio?
JJJ poached a few of their presenters from RRR (Miff the annoying and Safran are 2 I can think of) as did MMM, & Nova.
I don't mind JJJ, but too many of the presenters talk like they're taking a kinda class - Wosie Beaton anyone!??
I guess Melb is pretty spoilt for good community radio though.
I went to a RATM gig about 10 yrs back that was presented by MMM and some guys had won tickets through the station. They looked like they were from a Rose Tattoo convention and had never heard of Rage Against the Machine or their support (Jesus Lizard I think).
It's like MMM tried to sponsor interesting acts but there were so many listeners left over from the EON FM days it was pointless.
Man. I sound old.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usually listen to all the stations, flick between them... but to be honest, the frequency rarely goes above 106.7.

I fucken miss KISS fm, live from clubs on the weekends... Christian Radio got the 89.9fm channel and do fuck all with it! Sad

I find myself listening to 102.7 and 106.7 alot. Occasionally I'll flick to JJJ and like what they are playing...

As for "they support new band etc" there's alot of politics and other BS to get JJJ to play your song lol. Got a mate whose band was played by one of the DJ's, but then they were told to go get a profesionally produced CD before coming back... so they are lol Smile

Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 09:13

the commercial stations try to fill their mandatory australian content requirements at odd hours, which doesnt support aussie artists. JJJ makes it a point to support our artists regardless of genre too!

its a funny situation as the government funded JJJ ends up having more free space for political and other commentary (well mainly satire) while the commercial radio stations are tied up with sponsors so they have to watch what they say and what they say is usually boring "do u know what happened to me the other day" shit.

as for supporting aussie comedians, ever heard of Will Anderson? or the guys from CNNNN (today today today segment)? last i heard they were aussie comedians as well.

as for the triple M isnt the most mainstream station comment LOL it is owned and run by the Austereo network which owns the 2 most commercial stations out there!!!!

j00 d00 teh math!

Listen to this man.

Lets make him PM

Cheers

jjjezza Very Happy
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Triple MMM have been doing what they call free outdoor Garage Sessions for a while now. they are a paid for by Triple M free to the public concert, held at some of Sydney's best outdoor live locations, featuring some of Australian music's best talents. if that aint local support i dont know what is. they also play alot of Aussie music during the day, so theres no need for them to do a "local show" at like 11pm. they actually have a show at like 9/10pm which contains both new local talent and also music from abroad.

i never stated that JJJ didnt play or support Australian comedians, the Chuckster accused the comedians/hosts on Triple M of being "commercial tossers", which imho is an unfair statement.

i meant that they dont play mainstream music like the rest of the ghey FM stations. they play what listeners want, and most of it is good rock with a bit of bite.

its not that i dislike JJJ, i listened to them a few years back for a while, the music they played of a night was excellent, but i prefer to listen to Triple M atm with its current setup.

horses for courses i spose. Smile
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Triple MMM have been doing what they call free outdoor Garage Sessions for a while now. they are a paid for by Triple M free to the public concert, held at some of Sydney's best outdoor live locations, featuring some of Australian music's best talents. if that aint local support i dont know what is.

they support Australian artists that no longer need support thanks to triple j...(jet, grinspoon, powderfinger etc etc)
unlike triple j who support epicure, love outside andromeda, wolfmother,decoder ring, the cops plus 100s of others...listen out for those names ull earthem on triple m or anyother commercial station in about 2 years time Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 06:16]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i flick between jjj, mmm, and wsfm.
i dont wanna hear any talk or adds when im listening to the radio!
I used to listen to tough love on triple m all the time at work but now i hate it because its the same old jokes each day. I just wanna listen to music is that too much to ask!? Very Happy
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 17:13

Quote:

Triple MMM have been doing what they call free outdoor Garage Sessions for a while now. they are a paid for by Triple M free to the public concert, held at some of Sydney's best outdoor live locations, featuring some of Australian music's best talents. if that aint local support i dont know what is.

they support Australian artists that no longer need support thanks to triple j...(jet, grinspoon, powderfinger etc etc)
unlike triple j who support epicure, love outside andromeda, wolfmother,decoder ring, the cops plus 100s of others...listen out for those names ull earthem on triple m or anyother commercial station in about 2 years time Very Happy

My mate's band has been touring with epicure in Adelaide, Sydney(I think) and Melbourne this past month or so. Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 19:57

thechuckster wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 20:43

<big snip>

btw Chuckster, what station(s) do you listen to? community radio perhaps? Rolling Eyes

interesting that you suggest that i like community radio... i once worked at a community radio (4DDB in toowoomba) and did a graveyard shift (one nite a week) for about a year - the music was my choice - but the point is that i participated and helped keep a community station going.

i prefer to listen to music, not DJs sprout off the crap from the scripts they have to follow... i usually go for JJJ or ZZZ in brisbane but tend to change channel as soon as the anouncers speaks for more than 20 secs. Some days, it'll be ABC fm. Raarely is it commercial radio.

i have a musical background (piano, voice, brass... followed by live mixing for bands) so my taste varies wildy - classical, h/metal, house, trance, US indie, au indie, avant garde (e.g. phillip glass), dub and groove, goa, ... i like to listen to music mostly uninterupted - it's not that announcers that make me choose a station, it's the content.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: JJJ Sun, 28 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r.i.p 99.3 new wave fm
a real station for real people Smile
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
radio in general sucks

when i do listen to it i flick between JJJ and MMM. Ms comedy stuff is heaps better than js but they do over play a lot of songs and have too many adds. on the other hand js often forget that any music made prior to last month could possibly be any good, as someone who appreciates a lot of older rock this pisses me off a fair bit. also js play heaps of really crap music, you know the stuff where you look at the radio and go "WTF??".

i want a rock station with no ads, funny hosts and no overplayed music. i know its not gonna happen and thats why most of the time i listen to cds

chris
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ yeah but funny hosts who know when to SHUT THE FUCK UP! some of the guys on triple m just say stuff without thinking in an attempt to be funny. plus they put on the hugest "radio voices" which gets to me sometimes aswell... bastards.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to listen to MMM years ago, and i still love classic rock like cold chisel etc... but they play the same songs from the same bands, never anything different. and by god there are alot of adds! but what got to me was they always preach that they are a rock station, yet they play shit like eminem. WTF???

JJJ has alot of talented presenters cause thats where they make a start on crap pay and have to prove themselves, before they go chase the $ which you cant blame them for.

did anyone hear that bit on hack when there was that drama about frenzal and jacky-o? they were talking about aus content and on the week previous to the drama, JJJ played 17 new aus songs that they hadnt played before, nova played i think 2 and 2UE played like 7 and they are a fukin AM talk back station!

does anyone have a link to the nova/frenzal interview? its good listening!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but what got to me was they always preach that they are a rock station, yet they play shit like eminem. WTF???

couldnt agree with you more. i felt like smashing my stereo the first time i heard them play hey ya
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

does anyone have a link to the nova/frenzal interview? its good listening!

i know wat u r referring to...i had the link ages ago but i cant find it anymore...its classic..
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as much as i hate frenzals music i did admire Jay whooping arse in that interview.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: JJJ Mon, 29 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every radio I own got tuned to JJJ and then had the tuning knob snapped off.

I pledge my undying love for JJJ. If it wasn't for unearthed, I would never have heard some of my favourite bands. I don't really listen to the radio for comedy or shit - I want music and good quality music. I want Aussie music, not some plastic, pre-formed American bullshit.

Long live the J's!
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: JJJ Tue, 30 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about FBI 94.5 ? They say that 50% of there music is all Aussie, and of that 50% is from Sydney !!! But yes, JJJ for me all the way, combined with abit of 2SER and 702!

Cheers
Soapy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: JJJ Tue, 30 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah FBI is more like the older JJJ. i dont really listen to FBI that much, but i was waiting for someone to mention it.

love or hate frenzal you gotta admire how lindsay gave it to kyle. atleast he came up with smart and proper answers instead of the shit kyle was coming up with.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Tue, 30 November 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said Jay whoops i mean Lindsay Embarassed
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: JJJ Tue, 30 November 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can listen to the final show if u missed it. Just follow the links on the JJJ website Smile
Dero
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: JJJ Thu, 23 December 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haw-haw-all-right - you're tuned to GenericFM (sfx: fm fm fm fm) with Damo, Wazza, Robbo, Jono, Benny and Bruce (and some chick we can make sexist jokes at the expense of) In The Arvo. Comin' up soon we got the wicked new (2 year old) tune from Nickelback, a track from awesome hard rocker Avril Lavigne, and a bit of alternative with the sick newie from Offspring! (Well, they were alternative a while ago!) And if you like those tracks, great! Because we'll be playing them again in our new non-stop rock box at 5, 5:15, 5:30, all the way through until that zany duo Kylie and Wacky Joe take over at 7! GenericFM - it's rock with BITE! (sfx, sfx, ad, song with and ad in it, sfx, ad, ad, sfx, bad song, mic break with some "hilarious" jokes, ad...)
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: JJJ Thu, 23 December 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood.... COMA FM.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: JJJ Fri, 24 December 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JJJ is the best, at least they try new shit, whether it works or not it's better than listning to the same ad's repeated 15 times an hour and jet's "are you gonna be my girl" flogged well beyond its useful life.

The only thing that pisses me off about the j's is megan spencer's fucking movie reviews. It takes a special kind of person to be able to project yourself as patronizing, elitest and completly stuck up on a pre recorded radio slot.

I really like that new angie hart song JJJ is playing, anyone else?

Anyway, merry xmas, it's 20 mins to midnight and i reckon santa's genna be here soon with my new mk4 twin turbo Very Happy (fukin' better be)
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: JJJ Sun, 26 December 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk27m wrote on Sat, 25 December 2004 00:14

The only thing that pisses me off about the j's is megan spencer's fucking movie reviews. It takes a special kind of person to be able to project yourself as patronizing, elitest and completly stuck up on a pre recorded radio slot.

I couldn't agree more!
Have you watched her on The Movie Show (SBS)?
It's her with two other stuck-up ponces outponcing one another.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JJJ Sun, 26 December 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2SER

but seriously, for proof of the moronic inteligence of commercial radio audiences, listen to merrik and rosso on nova... they have to dumb down their comedy SO much its embarassing, and you can hear them cringe when they have to answer phone calls from retarded joe average listeners...

the only time theyre funny is when they let themselves get out of control, suddenly realise it mid sentance, and quitely go back to being dull idiots

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: JJJ Mon, 27 December 2004 08:04 Go to previous message
Spirokeet: I have. As if she wasen't bad enough by herself they went out and found two more gimps just like her. No one watches sbs for anything but it's porn and southpark anyway.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:broadband accounts
Next Topic:yahoo japan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:09:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010517120361328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.