Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Who's had Chickenpox?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Who's had Chickenpox? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:20 Go to next message
Just wondering who's had chicken pox and how long did it take until all the dots pissed off? Im asking this question because i currently have it Mad and does anyone know some special drug i can take to speed up my recovery??
  Send a private message to this user    
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh no,i feel for you mate I got it when i was 18 and it was hell,it nearly drove me crazy..theres not much you can do man,I know plenty of people say it but drink plenty of water basically enough to the point that as soon as you finish a glass you have to piss,do this for 2-3 days plus heaps of vitamin c and it will definately nock a couple of days off the total,otherwise keep up the calamine lotion and anti histamin tablets to help with the itching..good luck..ah and if you are over 16 you will have to get a sperm test as it can cause you to be impotent when you get it from puberty onwards...
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im 19 so does that mean i got to give a sperm sample?
Thanks for your good advice riceburna.
Im taking 1 week off work to Mad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh just take the battsock in for a sample Very Happy
yeh once it is over talk to your GP and see what they rekkon,just find a surgery with a nice receptionist and see if she can give you a hand..ie Very Happy
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had it for the first time last year, i was and still am 18
it was the worst experience i have ever had
all my muscles cramped up and i couldn't move for days
turning over in bed was impossible
it took 2 weeks before they formed scabs and go away
DO NOT SCRATCH THEM
you will regret it if you do
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had it like 4 times...all in primary school though. I used to get it every holidays! Mad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEP NEVER SCRATCHN THE FUCKERS the marks are still on me 2 years later
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the itchyness was so fucking bad i had to send my mum out to buy me calamine lotion
i couldn't sleep because all the chicken pox were driving me crazy on my scalp but the calamine lotion soothed it a bit

in my opinion

worst. experience. ever.

Confused
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MAKE SURE ITS DESNT GET ON UR DICK , LOLLLLLLLLLLL

also be carefull of it going towards the eye and ear its not good
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 15:23

How is he suposed to becareful/prevent it from going on his dick,eye.ear ?? P.S Dont scratch them my gf still has a scars hidious Evil or Very Mad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AS IN DONT SCRATCH AND BURST THE DAMN THING the stuff from it can go else where and get that place infected as well

but once ur not infectious anymore then its ok

but u will still scratch it no matter what its very hard to resist
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotrolla wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 10:20

Just wondering who's had chicken pox and how long did it take until all the dots pissed off? Im asking this question because i currently have it Mad and does anyone know some special drug i can take to speed up my recovery??

Sure its chickenpox?... maybe you loved a woman who wasnt clean?

Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 04:32]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea mate, had it a few years back when I was 18.

When I went to the doctors the first time he said that I could take a vaccination and while it wouldn't stop the chicken pox since I already had it, it would definately reduce the duration and the severity of it, BUT it would reduce you bodies immunity to the virus....so I passed on the vaccination as I dont want the bloody things again!

Took about 2 weeks to stop being as itchy as all hell, there are bath additives available which will help reduce the itchyness, availble from your local chemist, they do actually work, but only for a few hours.

Took about a month for most of the dots to go away fully.

A few tips, wearing a beanie helped me sleep as it was always in contact with my head, so...not so itchy. Change your sheets every couple of days, drink lotsa water to keep your body temp down, as it's a virus and you generally get pretty hot in the first week.

Anyway that's all I can remember, got 4 weeks off work, missed stocktake(yes!!!) hopefully now mostly immune for later in life.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i had it wheni was alittle girl.. it really sucked....
my dad put me in a calomine bath... it was heaps good, only thing to make you stop scratching, coz when you are little, you scratch, and the more people tell you not to the more itchy it gets.. i have a tiny little scar just left of my nose from one that i kept scratching in my sleep...!
But yeah i heard for guys puberty onwards, it can be really bad, and affect your chance of having kids....

and how can you have it four times? i thought you only ever got it once? after i had it, i was around people who had it and i didnt get sick again???

Neks ^-^
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had it back when I was about 6 or 7, but like the rest of my childhood I don't recall many details Rolling Eyes

From memory it cleared up pretty quick, took around 2 weeks. And after that I was still allowed to play with my friends when they got chickenpox a few years later. Suckers!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 15:42]

JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again : Dont scratch them!!!!
I had them when i was like 4 or five, and real bad (under nails, in my mounth) I have the scars still and im now 22. Those freakin scars were a source of ridicule my whole life, especially at primary school being called moon man and crater face Sad kids can be bungholes.

Go the calomine, only thing that will stop it itching!
sorry to hear of ur misfortune
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had it at a very early age... No scars at all... I musn't have scratched at all...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was fairly young when I got them... well, in my teens, but still young.

Sometimes you'll just have to scratch one, you just can't help it... just make sure it's not one thats easily visible Razz
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Fri, 26 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to everyones worthy advice. So most people suffered the pox for 2-4 weeks because the doctor told me it should be clearing in about a week. I havent been to itchy yet so thats a good thing.
Cant wait for this to be over with so i can go out again Mad Mad

Cheers matt
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had them at 22yrs
they didn't itch as much, but I got loads of them. The shitful thing is, sometimes they just fall off/get knocked off by accident, and leave you with scars (I have 1 on my bicep, 1 on my shoulder, and 3 on my face)

The baths are good stuff, and there's this weird ointment thing I put on them afterwards that made them go away faster (or at least, the one I couldn't see on my shoulder stayed for a few days longer than any other)
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have chickenpox ONCE - this confers immunity for life. In older age or in immunocompromised states, one can have a recrudescence as shingles. This is where the pox are confined to a dermatome or two.

Chickenpox as an adolescent/adult is more dangerous as the incidence of meningoencephalitis and varicella pneumonia is increased (though still uncommon - about 1 in 400 adults). The pneumonia is life threatening - we recently put a young guy on a heart-lung machine for a few days till his lungs got better.

We give acyclovir to those patients with life threatening complications, but not to those sods who only have the skin rash - if used early, it only reduces the duration of rash by a day.

To the person who suggested infertility is common, I believe you actually are referring to mumps.

As far as the scratching goes, trim and file your nails or wear mittens.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 03:13]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh gt our resident doctor/nurse/medi-cal-guy! Wink

ps. i had it when i was 7yrs old
but i has them for 6-8 weeks..
and i had them everywhere, nose, eyelids, ears, in my mouth!
feet, cock, asscheeks, underarms, scalp, GAH!

man those fuckers were everywhere and hella itchy..
my mum taped up my hands with medical tape for the whole 8 weeks. cant get out of that shit when all your fingers are sticied together

but after it all i only have 1 scar, 1 HELL DEEP scar too, those who know me have probably seen it, cos its right smack bang between my eyes.. still deep to this day, and im almost 22...

but yeah, i had the ultimate sickness treatment when i was ill, sega games, videos, anything i wanted to eat (as long as it wasnt scratchy..)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was wondering where that bit about infertility came from - had never heard that one before!
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 14:11

To the person who suggested infertility is common, I believe you actually are referring to mumps.

that guy had me scared for a second. i didnt know if he was saying taking antihistamine tablets makes u impotent or not. Confused
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i was told, if you are a male adult, and you get a really bad case of the pox, it does affect your chances of having kids... not 100%, but it does play a factor innit..... maybe its just one of those old wives tales....
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 20:04

Well, i was told, if you are a male adult, and you get a really bad case of the pox, it does affect your chances of having kids... not 100%, but it does play a factor innit..... maybe its just one of those old wives tales....

A cursory glance of the literature revealed that two cases of varicella epidydimo-orchitis have been described since 1965. No comment was made regarding long term effects on fertility.

When are you planning on submitting your ground breaking manuscript detailing your extensive case series with 20+ year follow up looking at effects on fertility?
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uh-oh, looks like someone is a little cranky and/or upset...

Would you like a box of tissues?

Maybe.. because you were thinking of those super long words and really uber witty sarcasm to reply back to me with, you didnt read the last part of my post, you know, the part where it says, "Maybe its one of those old wives tales..."

As stated, i was saying what i was TOLD, i didnt say "this is the truth, and if you dont believe me, im going to shoot you in the back of your head with my BB gun whilst you arent looking".

Chill out, re-read my post, or blow me.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 17:22]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 04:16

Uh-oh, looks like someone is a little cranky and/or upset...

Would you like a box of tissues?

Maybe.. because you were thinking of those super long words and really uber witty sarcasm to reply back to me with, you didnt read the last part of my post, you know, the part where it says, "Maybe its one of those old wives tales..."

As stated, i was saying what i was TOLD, i didnt say "this is the truth, and if you dont believe me, im going to shoot you in the back of your head with my BB gun whilst you arent looking".

Chill out, re-read my post, or blow me.

LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I just finished playing CS. Feels like I haven't left. Blow you? Now here I was thinking you were a chick Razz
If it didn't have an effect on your fertility why would they take sperm samples? This makes me think that it CAN affect fertility.
As for my own personal experience I got 'em when I was about 10 and they weren't itchy and I don't have any scars from them at all. Lasted about a week. It was pretty good actually. I just stayed home and watched TV LOL.

^__^
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sat, 27 November 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The world is doomed.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 04:16

Maybe.. because you were thinking of those super long words

yeh GT d0nt b 0pre55in us wif ur l0ng w0rdz n sh!t j00 c0mmi-nazi dis iz a f0rumz wheRe if j00 u5e l0ng w0rdz j00 r n0t c00l n da tr00f can b watevr i say n if j00 c0rrect me wif aktual fax i pr3tend j00 r a crybaby.

teh 411: referin t0 teh chixnp0x by itz sc1ent1fix n4me iz n0t c00l

OMGLOLHI2U
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey rob, do you use a translator to do those, or do you type it all out?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i had them i used this stuff called "pinetarsol" (sp)
it looks like iodine but it works
I've got a scar on my breastbone from the pox.
I hated it my mother threatened my with a wooden spoon she said "if u scratch u will cop it !!!" i hardly scratched at all lol .
but it will pass soon enough try and get as much sleep as u can.
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got 'em when I was 9, lasted only about a week. Not very itchy either, but I thought the older you are when you get 'em the worse it got.
Only scar they left is a big dint in my forehead... makes me look tuff.
I'm not smart but I can lift heavy fings.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt_84 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 13:07

Hey rob, do you use a translator to do those, or do you type it all out?

yeah ill second that question
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Who's had Chickenpox? Sun, 28 November 2004 04:59 Go to previous message
reading this thread is making me itchy! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HAHAHA im 18
Next Topic:NBA biffo on ESPN in 10minutes!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:48:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076332092285156 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.