Toymods » General Car Talk » peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
icon5.gif  peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sat, 27 November 2004 07:13 Go to next message
hey guys i was wondering if there was anywhere where i could get any info on the toyota starlet GT 1988 i think it is, i was thinkin of getting one and i dont no much bout them, and im havin trouble finding info on the net, they are the boxy starlets.... ? also any opinions on them or anything at all
cheers guys Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sat, 27 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We just bought a 93 GT yesterday Very Happy Damm fun to drive, but not sure about the early models.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sat, 27 November 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok true, yeh im lookin at buying one , i no the model after are very good cars as in yours but i dunno bout one i want, how many kw at the engine does it have cos this one has 110 kw.... i wonder wat the difference in engine is? they are both 1.3 L turbo
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sat, 27 November 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the newer ones are HOT!
don't really know much on the older ones, definately be a good sleeper
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sat, 27 November 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the older one are rwd! kp61 i think it is, slap a 4age in Shocked
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sun, 28 November 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah not the rwd one though yeh that model is rwd, its the model before the current ones tey are boxy and are 1.3 L Turbo, ive been told 110kw but also 95kw.... yeh i just really need some info on it cos i cant find any
any help would be much appreciated
cheers
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sun, 28 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one i think you talking about is a EP71. My friends got one its such a little beast Very fun to drive and are quick as. Dont crash them thought his has been off the road for 5 months due to a taxie pulling out in front of him.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sun, 28 November 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to put it simply
the fucking rock
i wish i had the money to get one cos u cannot get any car with the same options and trim level and potential as one of these cars for the price they sell at
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sun, 28 November 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he means the EP82 and the EP92.

They both came with basicly the same motor The power difference comes from the improved intercooler and ECU. There is only a 10hp difference.

Great little motors tho and are they are as strong as hell (One here in NZ running 250hp with stock block and head, apart from a head gasget) The only thing is that they can get expensive to modify because after all your working with 1300ccs.

www.starletcentral.co.nz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Sun, 28 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The EP82 is 90 to 94 and the EP92 is 94 onwards.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, the one im lookin at gettin we were doin 110 in second gear last night and wasnt even redline...... it has an upgraded turbo BOV and everything runs 8psi at moment holy shit its a fast car Shocked
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use to have an EP82, with minimal mods, FMIC, FCD, Filter 17psi, i recorded 13.6 onthe Gtech! Very fun car to drive, and very chuckable. Then one your thinking of, is EP71 I belive, 1.3 8 Valve I belive. Havent had any experience with them.

http://www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~yu-suke/Starlet02.gif
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently they are quite hard to maintain.. ie, GT4 style.. very busy under the bonnet Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arnt those starlets from late 80's to early 90's imported?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u mean this modal good 4 95Kw at the fly.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_168_full.jpg
or this 1 with 2 tone is 110Kw thay were different turbos and different injectors.thats all i no. there r heaps in Singapore
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_167_full.jpg

edit. kw at the fly

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 03:40]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Mon, 29 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love this car it was oned by dylusion on the forumas
(lucas) but now sam who runs these forums has it
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_225_full.jpg

full sleeper got 134.4Kw atw
it 1 the Street Sleeper trophie at the first anual Toyota Fest.

spc r here
Suspension -
TEIN HA coilovers, K-MAC swaybars front and rear, Whiteline strutbrace on the rear struts, and front strut brace.

Interior-
R34 Sykline front seats,Electronic boost control, boost,AFM,oil press gauges, GALANZA V Dash, climate control etc, Blitz turbo timer. TRD Short shift Kit,

Wheels/Tyres-
14" GTi-r pulsar rims with Falken AZENIS tyres on the front and 195/55 r14s falkens on the rear.

Engine-
4EFTE, Haltech E6k ECU, Direct fire ignition,10mm leads, BIG Front Mount IC, BOV, Garrett GT25 Ball bearing turbo, custom manifold, Malpassie rising rate fuel reg, Bosch 400hp fuel pump, 370cc Injectors, K&N filter.

Drive Line-
TRD LSD, Heavy duty clutch, 4 Wheel disc brakes with ABS.

Have a Dyno graph with the car making 134.4kW atw @ 20psi.
The power ouput is just getting beyond usable on the street, unless cronic wheel spin is your thing
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: peoples opinions on Toyota Starlet GT Wed, 08 December 2004 04:37 Go to previous message
My missus just bought one.. hopefully pick it up next week...

they are the ducks nuts Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age Price?
Next Topic:MKII Supra fuel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:26:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071909427642822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.