Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Cool exhaust idea.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Cool exhaust idea. Thu, 25 November 2004 12:28 Go to next message
This would be exceptionally useful for reducing the "cop bait" factor of your car. Simply weld a fake muffler and 2" pipe to your 3" exhaust so at a glance it looks unmodified.

http://img108.exs.cx/img108/8665/0914_19mg.jpg

Has anyone seen this done on cars? The mate who sent me the pic said he saw a car with it done but I haven't... I suppose the point is that you aren't meant to notice. Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Cool exhaust idea. Thu, 25 November 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
been around for ages... agreed that it does in fact work well///but no one will do it because it detracts from the LOOKS point of view.... ppl want PHAT looking mufflers... LOL sucks to be them.
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Thu, 25 November 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate has a turbo charade but the exhaust (a straight pipe) goes into the back of the standard muffler and then dumps straight down just before the end.. the muffler has a 1 inch exit pipe as standard and a 3 inch hole in the bottom where the straight through exits.. Laughing

its old news Laughing good idea thoug.. i'm doing it with the KE70 once the exhaust is done.. i've got the standard muffler here at home.. should be a piece of piss
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That pic is from a old hot4s mag with an orange hyundai on the cover i think.

the car with the exhaust is a datto or mazda (can't remember) with a sr20t in it

good idea
but still loud
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this not look stock?

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/cruise29102004/images/OldSkoolToys%2029102004%20023.jpg
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find my mild steel 3" exhaust tip, painted matt black, attracts ZERO attention. In fact most people are surprised when I tell them it's 3". There's no need to go to such an effort to be subtle!
TitMeat
Regular

August 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a pity we have to go to these measures to stop being picked on by cops ....if only they could just pick on the morons actually doing something wrong instead of being so petty over things like a muffler Neutral
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black tip is the go. Who could be stuffed going to the effort of welding a pea shooter to your tail pipe? Confused
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its more effective when your wheels resemble cheese cutters (standard cheese cutters mind you Laughing) and you have a black plastic venetian "thing" on your rear windscreen Laughing

go the KE70.. "i swear officer, its standard"
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The orange car is a datsun 1200 coupe with a red top sr20t.
Its a very neat car. Its not a bad idea i guess but couldnt you just make the exhaust shorter and come out under the car to save you the hasstle of doing all this?
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The orange car is a datsun 1200 coupe with a red top sr20t.
Its a very neat car.

Neat? look at the bumper! looks like turd to me

just my opinion
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Fri, 26 November 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are we looking at the same pic?

the bumper is chrome man. thats the way it looks. Just the light on it makes it look a little out.

i'd love to see what your idea of good is if you think that is crap?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sat, 27 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam i need one of these...
my rwc ae95 muffler tip is like 9" long Confused
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sun, 28 November 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the bumper is chrome man. thats the way it looks. Just the light on it makes it look a little out.

i'd love to see what your idea of good is if you think that is crap?

Sorry to offend you. Shocked My idea of good is obviously better than that
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sun, 28 November 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 1200 datto with a sr20det is good enought for me Shocked
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sun, 28 November 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate told me about a WRX that has a similat kind of thing, stock muffler on the back with the 'real' exhaust dumping before it, does it for the sleeper effect since its a wagon and its apparantly got some extra goodies.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sun, 28 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with norbie - 3" non-chromed standard tip. People never take notice of it, and are suprised when I say it's 3" - and the cops have never mentioned it, despite the above-average noise
cozzb
Regular

March 2004
Re: Cool exhaust idea. Sun, 28 November 2004 13:21 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 22:55

I'm with norbie - 3" non-chromed standard tip. People never take notice of it, and are suprised when I say it's 3" - and the cops have never mentioned it, despite the above-average noise

yes copsjust don't like chome tips..
Sometime leaking exhaust are quite loud...

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 13:26]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA23 & RA28
Next Topic:Who re-skinnes dash's in Sydney?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 09:19:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062639713287354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.