Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
icon9.gif  Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Sun, 28 November 2004 19:52 Go to next message
hey,
yesterday i installed a tachometer into my KE30 corolla, and its working fine, but now the charge light and oil lights dont come on when the key is in the 'ON' position, but the charge light comes on when the car is running and stays on, but no oil light.
temp gauge and fuel gauge dont work either anymore but did prior to installing the tacho,
does anybody know how to fix this ? i would prefer not to have to take it into a shop as i cant afford to, but i have a test light and multimeter with me at home.

cheers David
  Send a private message to this user    
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Mon, 29 November 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Start by checking the fuses. Sounds like you've lost power to the instrument cluster
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Mon, 29 November 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undo what you did and reinstall the tacho properly.
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Mon, 29 November 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, what he said... Check wiring. Where did you pull power from? Sounds like you grabbed it from somewhere you shouldn't have.

Last time I installed a tacho it had about 4 wires, 1x lights, 1x power, 1x earth and 1x trigger.. What did you connect to where?
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Tue, 30 November 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
green wire: negative side of coil
red wire: acc power
white wire: dash lights
black wire(s): earthed to firewall
i have replaced the voltage regulator, and alternator and toyota have checked all the fuses and they are sweet :s
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Warning Lights - KE30 Corolla Tue, 30 November 2004 03:34 Go to previous message
the charge light takes power from the dash cluster power (meter power) and is earthed at alt.

the oil light is the same. power from 'meter power' and earths at the sender.

temp gauge and fuel gauge get power from 'meter power' and also earth thru their respective senders.

check that your acc power and dash light power are actually that.. ie put multimeter on those wires and make sure there is power when it should, and not when it shouldn't.

with switch in on position, but car off, check for voltage at the alternators 'charge light' wire. there should be.

good luck.
Cya, Stewart
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Compression testing a 4A-C
Next Topic:18rg timing marks ???????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:22:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038588047027588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.