Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Single cannon muffler is rice?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic

Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 11:53 Go to next message
Many people consider bodykits combined with the lack or 'performance' upgrades RICE.

In my opinion, what i think is more 'Ricey' is to have a stock standard car and add a cannon muffler to it and thats all. Ive seen soooo many cars like this. What is your opinions on this?

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is rice.
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 23:05

This thread is rice.

Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course a body kit + cannon is rice, unless its one of those kW giving body kits Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah, this thread is rice Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 12:13]

biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell a skyline driver with a cannon its rice.

(this thread is rice)
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For when you don't have time for rice.

http://www.sunrice.com.au/images/products/34.jpg
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i have to choose between a cannon n bodykit, i choose cannon!!

this thread IS rice
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with changing the muffler to get a better note out of the car, ie a suitable muffler for the engine size. But when people just chuck on as big a muffler as they can with no thought for others, then its rice.

And nothing wrong with body kits, it looks good, its not trying to make the car look faster, its not performance degrading so whats the prob?

The drivers attitude will utlimatly determine if its rice or not depending on how they act. If they think that their car is quick as and its stock with a body kit = rice, otherwise its cool Very Happy
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
single cannon muffler is rice

but its ok to have 4 cannon mufflers

fast cars need more/bigger mufflers

bro
Eddo
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imo single barrel style cannon mufflers aren't rice. depends on the size. if its one that looks way to big for the car then its rice, for example 6" fart cans on honda civics, but if its a decent size, not to big, not to small, like the one i have that's connected to my cat back on my camry, then its ok. Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got dual canon's on mine, with the exhaust custom-built 3" from the dump pipe and split-off under the diff to accommodate them. Laughing A little loud tho...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Thu, 25 November 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mod that brings no performance and only adds visual appeal = rice
mod that brings a performance and adds visual appeal = not rice
mod that brings a performance and adds 0 visual appeal = race

(edit) because people are picky fucking morons.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 05:29]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mod that deletes this thread and adds +100 morale = god

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 00:41]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It depends. Does the muffler match the performance requirements? If you're putting a 4" cannon on your 2.5l V6, you'd have to call it rice. I have a 2.5" cannon for mine, it is rather bling, but its matched to the sort of performance I'm after, so I dont give it full rice points Laughing

Oh, and making it exit on an angle, thats rice. No No No
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 10:16

mod that brings much performance and adds visual appeal = not rice
mod that brings much performance and adds 0 visual appeal = race

ditto!!! Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every car is allowed one piece of bling/rice without gaining the term of ricey, if you choose a cannon then so be it, but kit = 4 pieces..... therefore in my books, kit = rice

this thread is rice-tastic Surprised
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think cannon exhausts should only go on japanese PERFORMANCE cars.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps, why is the angular exit ricey?
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, what makes the angle of exit ricey??
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell angle isnt ricey its awesome Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon. sometimes angle is needed to clear a pre cut exhausthole in a bodykit.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that if you actually say to people-"I have a cannon" or "a single cannon" in fact, if you refer to a cannon on your car you should change your middle name to "rice breath"

eg. Nick "rice breath" Smith

I followed a piece of shite 80 something pulsar up the high way today with p plates and techno doof wank in de hood noise coming from the cabin. This beater had a "cannon". The car was worth probably $5 to a wreckers. WITH THE CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I have offended anyone
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally dislike cannons on anything, but hey thats just me...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 11:02

Its not just ugly, its ghey...wiv teh aidz.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Fri, 26 November 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 22:31

Just like ur papa
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 23:01

legitimate answer?
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't mean to seem like a prick, but ae86drift, you say any modification that doesn't result in much performance gain is rice. What kind of performance gain will a carbon fibre bonnet give your 4age equipped sprinter. What performance gain will placing a cannon exhaust on an angle give you.

I might go wash my car... oh hang on, it's rice! it only add's visual appeal, no performance gain there!

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 05:11]

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so having a nice inoffensive paint job is rice?

bumper rechroming is rice?

cleaning your car is rice?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 16:12

so having a nice inoffensive paint job is rice?

bumper rechroming is rice?

cleaning your car is rice?

thats not modification, thats restoration.

db__ wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 16:09

Don't mean to seem like a prick, but ae86drift, you say any modification that doesn't result in much performance gain is rice. What kind of performance gain will a carbon fibre bonnet give your 4age equipped sprinter. What performance gain will placing a cannon exhaust on an angle give you.

I might go wash my car... oh hang on, it's rice! it only add's visual appeal, no performance gain there!

carbon fibre saves weight, weight saving increases perforamnce of suspension, tires and acceleration. eg. the stock bonnet was 14kg's, the CF one is 4.2kg's. thats 10Kg! a legitimate amount of weight!

the muffler angle may be just to fit within the mounts on your car?

as stated, washy car = restoration.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Notice the term much there? You are willing to spend hundreds on a loss of 10kg of weight? Or are there other factors that influence that choice, such as perhaps having the wank factor of having a carbon fibre bonnet? I'm not meaning to be a smartass, but the attitude that you have towards what is and isn't rice is a bit fucked up.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like a good rice battle now and then...
i mean, sure that lancer had a fully sick body kit and huge as exhaust Shocked

his only problem is keeping up Laughing GO THE STOCK 4AFE of death and 4AC-BANGERS!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
db__ wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 16:32

Notice the term much there? You are willing to spend hundreds on a loss of 10kg of weight? Or are there other factors that influence that choice, such as perhaps having the wank factor of having a carbon fibre bonnet? I'm not meaning to be a smartass, but the attitude that you have towards what is and isn't rice is a bit fucked up.

yeah MUCH... righto

i spend $1200 on that bonnet coz i liked the vent and the lightweight. i havent painted it white coz i like the look of it. is that rice? why not. i can accept a little rice-ism.

its light hearted man, not a be all and end all of the definition.

jeeeeeeeez. touchy touchy.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nahh not being touchy man... just bored at work Laughing

Honestly this topic is stupid, if you do / don't think it's rice then who gives a shit what anyone else thinks.

Personally, seeing a 'cannon' exhaust on an excel or whatever is always good for a laugh.

Yeah just noticed the edit about picky fuckin morons, nice one. Rolling Eyes

Why do you even need a cannon... what does it do to give 'performance gains' that any other muffler cannot?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 05:46]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cannons just dont sound cool.

http://users.on.net/~hydra/celixx/pipe/gtepipe07.j pg
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is not only rice, but it is ghey wiv teh massive aids now.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its all up to personal taste, you cant tell anyone what they can or cant have...
so its either stock, rice, race or "teh ghey wiv aids" Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The angled thing, when not for a purpose looks crap, thats just my opinion from the number of cars I've seen it look good on compared to the much larger group which looked shit.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
db__ wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 16:40

lol nahh not being touchy man... just bored at work Laughing

Honestly this topic is stupid, if you do / don't think it's rice then who gives a shit what anyone else thinks.

Personally, seeing a 'cannon' exhaust on an excel or whatever is always good for a laugh.

Yeah just noticed the edit about picky fuckin morons, nice one. Rolling Eyes

Why do you even need a cannon... what does it do to give 'performance gains' that any other muffler cannot?

cannon mufflers have been proven to increase flow moreso than interference style barrel mufflers

they are also lighter in weight and smaller.

i dont personally run a cannon on my car.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a canon and it's on a bit of an angle... I love it, sounds awesome and there was prolly about a 2kW increase at the most so yeah, not rice I thwear bro Razz Razz Razz !!!
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cannons only look/sound good in a minority of cars in my opinion. VN-VT commodores with cannons is fucked up.
You are all rice
This thread is rice
GT drift wings on most cars is rice
Buy sunrice for ricey goodness
Andrew Lau is rice.

^_^ <-----RICE!!!!!!!!! kekekekekk <-------rice

sorry im badly effected by heat atm.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cannons i have seen on excels and the such would not do much for airflow one would think... they have a huge tip yet you can see what seems to be an inch-wide pipe in the centre of it.

This argument is pointless, too many generalisations and presumptions.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sat, 27 November 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the only type of cannon that should be used on cars owned by anyone considering fitting the other type.

http://image2.sina.com.cn/jc/2003-01-20/1_27-1-3-21_20030120151822.JPG
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So acording to you guys.
if i put bigger mags on my car then that's rice ?
unless the increase in wheel size is only to fit bigger brakes ?

But what i if i put mags on my car the same size as the factory mags. Rice still ?

or i put a sticker on my car is that rice no matter how big/small it is or what is says ?

Wheel covers are rice too then.

I can see some double standard here i think.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 02:36]

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's only a dbl std when we decide you have said something that is so. If it's from us then it's ok. Very Happy

Just Jk

For the rcord bigger wheels = rice when it's ridiculously OS like 18's on a ricer oops I mean lancer or hyundai. If you fit bigger brakes then put on what ever you need.

Stickers by some comments shouldn't be considered rice as we know they not only add visual appal oops again I mean appeal but they are worth 5Kw per Sq foot of coverage.

Wheel covers lets not even touch that. If you have steelies then any upgrade to wheels is not considered rice.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i should run outside and take the factory wheel covers off my family's cars. So there is no rice at my house ?
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're taking it too far mate. chill out.
theres no point arguing over what is/isnt rice.
everyone has their own opinion.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just trying to understand.

I think i might be a bit of a ricer but i'd like to know if i am or aren't

This is a retarded example but.
On need for speed underground almost every car i have is a fair bit ricey.
I don't do it on purpose it just happens.

I'm getting to the stage where i can afford to make my car look nice so i want to know what is going too far.

I'm looking for what is considered rice by toymods standards.
My friends love the ricey shit mainly cuz they don't drive fast they just like people think their car goes fast.
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if my torana with rb30dett is rice then a cannon muffler is rice and so is my ta22 but i dont care!!!!!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is a v-opt sticker on the windscreen considered rice?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 14:42

oh yeah totally Smile
im a riceboy thru and thru

muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think anything that stands out on your car that is obviously there for wank factor and doesn't aid the cars performance is rice.
e.g. oversized body kit/muffler/wheels/stickers/graphics.
Or
neonlights, disco balls, fluffy dashboards, etc etc.

Tint/ wheel covers(exept the spinning ones) and other things like that make a car look neater.

It's over the top add ons that give you the rice label.

Just my opinion Razz

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooops..i think i started a war. Rolling Eyes
*Bolts and hides in the bushes*

nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where does rice come from.. are you reffering to the staple food eaten in JAPAN.. or the name given to the style of car modification named after the staple food eaten in JAPAN..
if so most peoples cars on this forum would be rice, would they not?
because they are modified after the style of high performance japanese circuit/drift cars.

i think we should either stop throwing round the term rice or use it more affectionately because my car is going to be riiiiiiice.....

its a white KE70 mit 20v, black (lifted) bonnet, black wheels, exhaust exiting via a black painted 2.5' straight through drainpipe.. oh did i mention the side rearview mirrrs on stalks on the front quarters Very Happy

laike sor: (Flied lice indeed) Very Happy
http://paper.freespace.jp/moro/image/event/030503/72.jpg
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it has the 20V in it, it aint rice Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take one rice spec 20v ke70 please Shocked

and why all this rice bashing anyway, its NOT YOUR CAR! Rolling Eyes

edit: your car in general not the post above Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 10:21]

nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is pretty much identical to the fiiiine rice-o-matic automobile pictured... only in white, minus the crazy GT wing and flares..... oh, and my car isn't going Very Happy i'm still trying to sort out how i'm going to modify water outlets..

but thats getting waaaaaaaaaay off topic... if my car is rice then i'm proud because it sortalooks like a japanese track car Very Happy

check in on ze project if you want.. i'll be keeping it updated its in the tech and conversions sections.. thread is named project KE70

i'd try and post in a link to the thread but cant be arsed to figure out how.. just search for Projct KE70 aight

HIJACKED!!! i apologise Very Happy
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 15:25

pro_ke wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 14:42

oh yeah totally Smile
im a riceboy thru and thru

Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nudes wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 20:51

where does rice come from.. are you reffering to the staple food eaten in JAPAN.. or the name given to the style of car modification named after the staple food eaten in JAPAN..
if so most peoples cars on this forum would be rice, would they not?
because they are modified after the style of high performance japanese circuit/drift cars.

i think we should either stop throwing round the term rice or use it more affectionately because my car is going to be riiiiiiice.....

its a white KE70 mit 20v, black (lifted) bonnet, black wheels, exhaust exiting via a black painted 2.5' straight through drainpipe.. oh did i mention the side rearview mirrrs on stalks on the front quarters Very Happy

laike sor: (Flied lice indeed) Very Happy
http://paper.freespace.jp/moro/image/event/030503/72.jpg

thats fucking PIMP man
:O:O:O
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Sun, 28 November 2004 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH NO! i wasnt sposed to break cover with the project yet Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing i'll try and organise my digimal camera and get some pics organised...

24' Chromies and single (or double/triple/quadriple/octuple etc) cannons (with or without neons) on a hyundai lancer Laughing is not rice!

it is gay wit teh massive aids, and a stretched ringhole! Laughing

i think people have the term rice confused with kebab..

kebab = 24' Chromies and single (or double/triple/quadriple/octuple etc) cannons (with or without neons) on a hyundai lancer hahahahaah or similar..

now i'm not racist but a generalisation would assume that kebab is an appropriate term for ghey car modifications Very Happy
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Single cannon muffler is rice? Mon, 29 November 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
that ke70 is soooooooo hot!!!!! those rear view mirrors are standard....
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Auto car start function on your alarm ...
Next Topic:Different AE92 series?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 12:42:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011303901672363 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.