Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
slider
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Caldina - Opinions Wanted Sat, 27 November 2004 06:26 Go to next message
Having just parted with my sprinter I am looking for another Toyota. CarSales has a 1994 Caldina for sale for about 7k. It's an auto, 1.8L, with about 140,000km.
These aren't imported anymore (thanks SEVS), so are parts an issue? Is it worth getting a 1994 Camry instead (2.2L, manual, and plenty of parts)? Basically I am looking for a Toyota wagon and I haven't got 20k for a 2002 Corolla Wagon.
I'm not into 3SGTE conversions (yet), I am just after something with a bit of room for surfboards, etc.
What does everyone think?

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=1896375&current_r ec=1&total_rec=1&sort_type=&make_id=8& amp;model_id=3926&state_id=-1&search_dista nce=25
  Send a private message to this user    
turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Sat, 27 November 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude the caldinas are orsm. As for parts most are interchangable with the camry or Celica and if they dont have them then toyota does have a listing of most parts anyway. The only problem you may have is body panels and even then there not to hard. Im on the gold coast and when i broke thwe front of mmine it took me about 2 hours to orgnise the panels (thats front bar and bonnet). Some places can get parts from kiwi land fairly easily
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Sat, 27 November 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont get me wrong Caldina's are cool but why pay the ridiculous amount insurance you have to pay for imports for a boring every day driver? Go the camry, the 2.2 would probaly by much nicer to drive in a car that size anyways...
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Mon, 29 November 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're a good bit of gear, they handle surprsingly well for what they are. Just don't get the 2 litre diesel, they're a fucking slug. My dad recently got the auto tranny in his serviced and the kiwi guy who did it (and has worked on a lot of them in NZ) said that you tend not to get much more than about a quarter million ks out of them, so you might wanna get a low milage one, if you can.

My dad pays less than 500 for comp insurance too, i believe, so they're not that bad.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Mon, 29 November 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Body parts are definately hard to come by for the Caldina. One of our members has one that had a front end repair and it ended up wit ha different bonnet due to availability issues I believe.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Mon, 29 November 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caldina's are certainly not slow(although I admit the diesel wouldn't be too fast), the GT-T version for example. I'm also pretty sure some Caldinas come with the BEAMs Blacktop. I've always wanted one of these babies, since I went to NZ last and the GT-T's are everywhere, the are damn hard to get in Australia though, not many around.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Caldina - Opinions Wanted Thu, 02 December 2004 11:14 Go to previous message
if u want a car to take surfing then a suburu is the best car as it's 4X4 but is still a car.
I've had my friends call me hundreds of time to go pull them out cuz their car got stuck in the sand.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22pics
Next Topic:Melbourne Drivers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 17:25:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038480758666992 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.