Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 01:17 Go to next message
Sorry if this has been posted before but Oran Park is now starting Off Street Drifting on the last fiday of the month.

go to www.driftland.com.au for more info and hope to see all you toymodders out there supporting this wonderful sport and supporting the oran park raceway in hosting these great events
  Send a private message to this user    
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked yep im goin lol
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They said something about it at the Driftnats at Oran Park... its been running since then... weren't you guys listening???
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has not been running since then.

They were organising it, but nothing was official, the dates on the website are the 1st OFFICIAL dates that it his being held on.

I would know, i drive past there twice every day
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 13:28

BOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!

Truer words have never been spoken! Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 11 November 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:37

They said something about it at the Driftnats at Oran Park... its been running since then... weren't you guys listening???

As above, they "talked" about it, but have not done anything until now.

We were all listening, believe me!
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Fri, 12 November 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be turning up to the next one for shits and giggles if the car is back in 1 piece by then

ill just be chucking a set of really old rally tyres on
should be fun Evil or Very Mad

Come on Lets see lots of 86's out there!!

Ben.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Fri, 12 November 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nov 26th

WOOT WOOT

http://driftland.com.au/front/offstreet%20entry%20 form.pdf

gogogo!

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 07:09]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Fri, 12 November 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and will you be out there gaeth?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Fri, 12 November 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill try to get the night off work for sure!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Sat, 13 November 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there, with dads excel Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
chubbylover53
Regular

April 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 25 November 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just checking to c if it's still on. i tryed to call oran park but i couldn't get through. Also What time does it start and finish.

cheers see you all there hopefully
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Sat, 27 November 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i whent did any body else go ?
any one c the drifting sprinter with the 4ac,whent heeps mad for a 4ac didnt sound too good afterwards though
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Sat, 27 November 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

All i heard at driftnats ( repetitivly) was .... FOR YOUR THRASHING PLEASURE!!!!!

That guy was a tool...

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2004 13:44]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
choku dori hachi roku for my thrashing pleasure!

and a reverse panda 180!

Oh and those drift mullets!

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 04:41]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flem wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 14:45

i whent did any body else go ?
any one c the drifting sprinter with the 4ac,whent heeps mad for a 4ac didnt sound too good afterwards though

Yeah, that thing had me baffled for a while! It seemed to pick up speed very quickly along the back which added to the confusion.

The white one was a bit disappointing Rolling Eyes Confused , but the red one was awesome.

Plus, there was this hektik '86 in the car park with a crazy, full-on aluminium GT wing that looked like it was made by a 5 year old...... Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=AE86slut wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 16:21]

Plus, there was this hektik '86 in the car park with a crazy, full-on aluminium GT wing that looked like it was made by a 5 year old...... Laughing

Where was this one? I missed it, Sad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 00:43

All i heard at driftnats ( repetitivly) was .... FOR YOUR THRASHING PLEASURE!!!!!

That guy was a tool...

Laughing Laughing

Dont bag the quality commentary.

LOL, no. I agree there were some dud comments that got anoying, but for the most part it is whats needed to keep the crowd into it (keep in mind most of the crowd dont have much Idea of whats going on) And a more well-mannered approach to commentry would probably make it a little dull for your avg joe dirt.

So its kind of a necessary evil

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 05:26]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=UUP-46X wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 16:25]
AE86slut wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 16:21

Where was this one? I missed it, Sad

Consider yourself lucky...... On more than one level, eh Andrew?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slut. speaks. truth.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LOL fair enough,
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Consider yourself lucky...... On more than one level, eh Andrew?

Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Whos the guy with the red hachi?
Fken awesome drift and i like the sound of the exhaust?
What engine are you running
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who went to the last meet? and who rooted the clutch in the sprinter by winding up the boost did u get home alright ?

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2004 10:20]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 23 December 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flem wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 21:19

who went to the last meet? and who rooted the clutch in the sprinter by winding up the boost did u get home alright ?

AE86boy, myself and Andrew (Bathurst-91 who stuffed his clutch) were out there.

The guy in the red AE86 is Ben. He's running a 20V as well. Don't think he's on here.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: OFF STREET DRIFTING!!!!!! Thu, 23 December 2004 03:18 Go to previous message
I had a string of problems that night;

Clutch had been slipping for some time so I decided to run no boost so I could actually get some form of power to the drivetrain.

I also had a new set of wheels with semi slicks on them and theyd only run on the rears (I hadnt had a chance to throw off the semi slicks) So no matter what I did the rear end would not stay out.

To add to this the rear end refused to lock the first few rounds. (handbrake adjustment problem)

So by the end of the night I was a little frustrated, I threw on my street tyres, turned up the boost and actually got a half deacent run in just before 9pm. But the clutch was letting loose as soon as boost started to hit above 5psi, so i was throttle blipping on the straights. Laughing

Upon closer inspection it seems I was also leaking diff oil from the axles, and the gasket from turbo/dump flange was fried and sucked into the cat meaning I could take off the bolts by hand Razz

All this will be sorted by Jan 28th hopefully. Im itching to have a proper shot.

Look out for Team Dirty Ibis D in Jan.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 03:23]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Another P plater iuncident in vic
Next Topic:Proud of me
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:55:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11382603645325 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.